my first one!

Started by flor, January 12, 2004, 07:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flor

This is the first pin I bought  on Ebay last week.
I just love it because it still has the old name "Euro Disney" on it

Anthony

I like to try and collect things with the old "EuroDisney" logo on them aswell.  The trouble is there's so many EuroDisney pins on eBay that i don't know which are good, which are bad, which are worth the money, etc.  :?

In a way i hope you buy a few of the actual Pin Trading pins aswell, but then i'd advise you to perhaps not buy any because once you start you generally don't stop!  I just bought 7 of them way back in October 2001 (great visit that one!), and now i have nearly 150!  :shock: I do keep thinking what i could have bought with all that money, but i suppose it was spent over 2.5 years.  :wink:  :ears:

flor

Last time, I've found a pin just in front of the Fast Pass of BTM. Someone had lost it because of the locker (that one at the back) was lost. So it must be slipped out of a lanyard or something.
It is a Tinkerbell pin, with in one of her hands a little pearl. I like that one too. I haven't found any picture of it, so I'll make one asap.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"In a way i hope you buy a few of the actual Pin Trading pins aswell, but then i'd advise you to perhaps not buy any because once you start you generally don't stop!  I just bought 7 of them way back in October 2001 (great visit that one!), and now i have nearly 150!  :shock:

I know what you mean... and you know what the most evil spin on the whole story is? Disney is steadily rising the prices (come on: € 10,50 for one pin?!?!?!?)... and you still can't stop. It's like being hooked to a crack-dealer!!!  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"I know what you mean... and you know what the most evil spin on the whole story is? Disney is steadily rising the prices (come on: € 10,50 for one pin?!?!?!?)... and you still can't stop. It's like being hooked to a crack-dealer!!!  :wink:

Yes, €10.50 for one pin just isn't fair, but you still buy them because you want them for your collection!  I really hope that all the money Pin Trading must be making is going to a good cause - to help DLRP!  I'd like to see some sort of scheme where you perhaps get a card when you buy a pin, and each time you buy a pin you get a stamp.  When you collect five you get one pin under €10 free (to be claimed at any time).  I think this would make Pin Trading more popular aswell as bringing back some old Pin Traders who stopped because of the prices.  OR - they could just reduce the prices in the first place!  :evil:

BTW, flor - is this the pin you were talking about:

More info: //http://www.dlrpmagic.com/pintrading/months/0308_august/index.htm

It's a very nice pin and very rare aswell, i'm sure someone will be very annoyed to have lost it!  If it meant that much to them i don't think they should have worn it on their lanyard though...  8)

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Yes, €10.50 for one pin just isn't fair, but you still buy them because you want them for your collection!  

As I said: it's like crack...

And I guess if people weren't buying these little things then Disney wouldn't be able to ask that much money for them...

flor

Yes Baloo, that's it!

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"Yes Baloo, that's it!
Good, you're very lucky to find that pin!  It might be a €6.00 "Open Edition", but it is in fact very limited and, like all Tinkerbell pins, sold out very quickly and is very hard to find now!

It's just a shame i forgot to change the description on the August 2003 pin releases page i gave there... :roll:  i'll have to change that when i update the page to the new format!  :wink:

fortherone

Quote from: "Baloo"I like to try and collect things with the old "EuroDisney" logo on them aswell.  The trouble is there's so many EuroDisney pins on eBay that i don't know which are good, which are bad, which are worth the money, etc.  :?

Hi Baloo,
I can't answer this question too, but try to find the pin on http://www.pinpics.com/browse.htm - if many people trade it, it probably is very common and cheap, if many are searching it, I'd try to buy it....
Beste Grüße von Heimo

some pics, free for private use