Auberge du Cendrillion Character changes?

Started by AislingM, October 27, 2014, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AislingM

Dont know if someone has asked about this already , but was just reading on Trip Advisor DLP forum that apparently for the christmas season Cinderella will be the only princess in ADC.  :'(  Has anybody any more info on this? If its true Im gutted , whilst the food there is lovely its deffo not worth the price if we can only meet one princess
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

moonloo

I dont know about this christmas season, but christmas 2012 definatley had 3 princesses, 2 mice, a prince (and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)!

DLPWonders (Banned)

This is true.
It has alway been Cinderella and her Prince, Suzy and Perla and two additional princesses.
The two additional princesses are being axed, but you get Fairy Godmother instead.
So it's a good trade since Fairy Godmother as a meeting character very rare is.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

michellemumof2xx

Is this just for christmas? We plan on eating here on our first day in Feb half term and I hope it is back to normal by then! Thanks in advance!
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

AislingM

I just booked it there anyway for Tuesday 18th November, because the Fairy Godmother is definitely one I wouldnt want to miss and I love Suzy and Perla.  Just a bit disappointed that I wont get more princess time. In February we had Cinderella , Snow White and Aurora and I was really hoping for maybe Tiana or Belle this time, although I know they are quite rare too.
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: michellemumof2xx on October 27, 2014, 02:53:02 PM
Is this just for christmas? We plan on eating here on our first day in Feb half term and I hope it is back to normal by then! Thanks in advance!

Yes this is just for Christmas.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

michellemumof2xx

First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

dazzle_v2003

Very weird decision to make. This Christmas the princess meet and greets are seriously being reduced. Only Anna and Elsa in the Princess Pavilion with no additional princess, Merida at Old Mill and Rapzunzel are meeting and greeting. Just Cinderella in Auberge Du Cendrillion.

The only opportunity people are going to have to see a variety of princesses but as far as we are aware not meet and have pictures with them is during The Princess Promenade.

For such a big brand at DLP and a big draw for families with girls it is seriously reduced this Christmas,

captain rocket

I'm an adult man and not interested in the princesses, but this does seem to be another strange decision by Disney! I would imagine the decision was made on financial grounds, but the savings must be minimal compared to the bad publicity it generates. Add this to the lack of Disney Magic on Parade during Christmas and it seems that the season is being degraded somewhat.I guess they feel the crowds will just keep on coming no matter what!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: captain rocket on October 29, 2014, 07:06:29 AM
I'm an adult man and not interested in the princesses, but this does seem to be another strange decision by Disney! I would imagine the decision was made on financial grounds, but the savings must be minimal compared to the bad publicity it generates. Add this to the lack of Disney Magic on Parade during Christmas and it seems that the season is being degraded somewhat.I guess they feel the crowds will just keep on coming no matter what!

I highly disagree with this actually.
The season is based on Princesses..... Anna, Elsa, Merida, Rapunzel, Princess Promenade.
Three completely new princesses, a princess that is really hard to meet normally which is now easy and a mini-parade completely based on the princesses.
And yes, 2 less princesses at Auberge the Cendrilllon but instead Fairy Godmother. The most rare character to meet.
A character that little girls will love just as much as meeting Belle for example.

Yes there's no Disney Magic On Parade, but instead we get an actual Christmas Parade.
Something we haven't had in years.

They really listened to the people, and changed Disney Dreams Of Christmas.
Because there was só much negative feedback on the show last year.

If anything, I say this is a step up.

gothprincess

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so disapointed I could cry :'( This was going to be our first visit to A de C my DD is finally begining to appreciate princesses and she was hoping to meet Ariel and Belle. I am not perpared to spend 170E to have lunch with our least favorite princess I couldn't care less about the fairy godmother unless she's going to grant my daughter's wish to meet the princesses.  >:(

pialykke

First of all, I'm GUTTED!!! We are booked in for a birthday surprise on the 16th..
But can someone just clarify - does that mean we will see:
Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and Suzy and Perla...!?!? All of them? Definitely?
And is that for certain on every sitting - and every day?!?  Panicking a bit here - don't know if you can tell? ;)
They are still all characters we haven't met yet, but DS6 (who's birthday it is!) loves his princesses...
And also - is Rapunzel definitely staying on for meet n greets over the Christmas period? Has this been confirmed? (And where?)...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Esti

Quote from: gothprincess on October 30, 2014, 02:46:29 PM
I am not perpared to spend 170E to have lunch with our least favorite princess I couldn't care less about the fairy godmother unless she's going to grant my daughter's wish to meet the princesses.  >:(

Agreed. And it's a shame, because Anna and Elsa will be the only ones in the Princess Pavillion, so you can't meet the rest of the princesses there either. I don't know what the hell DLP was thinking, basically killing all the chances to meet princesses, be it for free or paying.

dazzle_v2003

Just a note the Christmas parade that is replacing Disney Magic on Parade is the Christmas parade they have had the last two xmas seasons but this year with a new float.

So this christmas parade isn't a new parade.Previously we have had both so to not have Magic on Parade is a cut to the Xmas season I think.

DLRP Roundup!

Because they keep adding to the Christmas parade, it got a bit long to be considered a Cavalcade.

Disney Magic on Parade is also getting a little old now. With the cavalcade running before it, and after it, it lessened the impact of it.

The Christmas parade is far better in my opinion :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts