impulsive visit

Started by duthoy, March 29, 2007, 12:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duthoy

yesterdag i've been to the park,
tuesdayevening, when i came home from a customer, at 23:50 i've decided to leave for disneyland, so, fueled the car, too a blanket and, there i went for a 5 hour drive.
arrived at 5:00 so, still time for a little nap.
once inside, at 9:45, it looked great, this was my 16th visit, and there was a lot, and i mean a lot of refurbushment going on, mostly painting.
the BTM looked nice, with the new paintjob, also main street was in perfect shape.
laqt evening very tired after another 5 hours of driving home, but damn't i feel good, it was a relative long time ago for me (like a hole year)

so, people beware: it will sparkle for it's 15th birtday.

Riebi

and had you a cam with you to show us some pics? :D
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

suzie

wow that's so cool, you just come home from work and think, hmmm let's go to Disneyland.
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

Kristof

A 5 hour drive?  Wow where do you live in Belgium?

duthoy

Quote from: "raptor1982"A 5 hour drive?  Wow where do you live in Belgium?

around antwerp

Samninetysix

We've done it in 5 hours from the UK including the Eurotunnel crossing, we live near Cambridge in the UK

Kristof

We live in Limburg, near Tongeren and only drive 3,5 hours.  And then they claim we're slow...  :wink:

duthoy

Quote from: "raptor1982"We live in Limburg, near Tongeren and only drive 3,5 hours.  And then they claim we're slow...  :wink:

yeah, but if you want to drive safe at night, you really need to stop a few times for a coffee  :lol:
and i don't want to race the thalys.

Samninetysix

For me, it's usually about 2½ hours from Calais, I start out fairly leisurely and try to stick to 130kph but by the time i've hit the A1 driving down towards Paris i'm usually at about 150kph+

duthoy

Quote from: "Samninetysix"For me, it's usually about 2½ hours from Calais, I start out fairly leisurely and try to stick to 130kph but by the time i've hit the A1 driving down towards Paris i'm usually at about 150kph+

yeah, there was a lot of time to get there, and i was really tired, so i just kept my volvo at 110-120 kph. relaxed cruising at night. no need for speeding. if i could make a choice, i would like to die riding rock&rollercoaster of space mountain with my girlfriend with me and a good glass of Duvel,
not on the way too disneyland  :P

shell_ely

lucky you for being so close  :ears:

if we were to drive including ferry crossing it takes us about 6-7 hours  :cry:

Samninetysix

Yeh, Notts is only a couple of hours north from me I guess so about right at 7hrs-ish

Anonymous

Quote from: "shell_ely"lucky you for being so close  :ears:

if we were to drive including ferry crossing it takes us about 6-7 hours  :cry:

Not that far from me in Doncaster. Took me about 4.5 hours down to Dover. Probably about 3 hours down from Calais.

Angela

From over where we live we can do it in 5 hours.. and we stopped half an hour to get some drinks.... but I geuss they guy driving was a little speeding..  :wink:

Joseph Carter

That is such a cool thing to do. Well done and I have major respect for you! :D
//http://www.disneymanpodcast.com
Check out the Disneyman Podcast!!! Its disney fun for everyone!