Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

What an interesting question!

They do say that an online statement is not acceptable, but..........

This is what I did!
Printed off my online confirmation and cut off the web address that was printed on teh bottom edge of the page. Then faxed over my registration form and "NON online statement".
No questions asked, job done.

LilysDad

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Hi everyone! I need a little help please [-o<

I'm in the UK and looking to buy shares, my bf works for a bank (RBS) and can do this for me with their Direct trader share dealing account, where you have the option to buy either online or by phone. Will this be accepted for shareholders club? If they only send confirmation by email?

Hi Clarebelle.
I bought mine over the phone recently using the Halifax Sharedealing Service. About a week later I got my copy of the transaction notice that confirms that they bought for me 50 shares at whatever the price was. This statement shows my name and address as well as the shares that were bought and was sufficient for me to fax with the online form. My guess is that however the shares are bought - online or phone - you will still get a transaction advice notice that confirms the purchase.

Hope this helps :)

Clarebelle

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the advice, We are thinking we will go ahead buying from RBS and see what happens, and well if they don't accept that we own th 20 shares needed, well I will just have to kick up a stink :shock: I dont want to be conned out of shareholders:(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Clarebelle

Just got my 20 shares :D
Shares + their commision (£12.50) = £65
Very happy girl :D :D/

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the shareholders card pushed through a bit quicker? only got 30 days till we go :D im faxing off the form tomorow :!:

ford prefect

Hi, Clarabelle,

If you phone the shareholders club on (freephone from the uk) 00 800 64 74 56 30 and explain the situation they may do the same as they did for me.

We joined three weeks before we went (approx 6 years ago) and the card normally takes 6 to 8 weeks.  A very helpful lady at the shareholders club sent a letter confirming my membership to Newport Bay Club, it was waiting for me to collect when I checked in..

This letter was accepted everywhere in place of the membership card.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Clarebelle

OK thanks! I will give it a go
is there English good? oh and were staying at the "Magic Circus" hotel :S oops, but maybe they can email me a copy of it?

never2old

One question about the shareholders discounts.

Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of people to get the discount in restaurants? I know that for the hotels there's a limit (and to go into the Salon Mickey), but what about in restaurants?

I'm wondering because when we go in May there's 15 of us....

LilysDad

I've never seen anything written about this so I would recommend putting the question in writing to Shareholder services and get them to confirm it to you via an email / fax / post so that you'll have some proof when it comes to paying the bill.

Clarebelle

Can someone please advise me how to book a hotel with shareholders discount

Does anyone know when is the best time to book for Halloween?
Also which is better AP dream discount or shareholders?

lynny

i've been at halloween twice 1st i booked everything with eurostar and did it about 6 weeks b4 that was in NYH..2nd time same hotel but i booked the euro and hotel seperate and did it at the end of september......i want to go again this year but as the 40% discount isnt valid in october i'm goin to leave it a while and see if any offers appear over the summer.....prices are high at the mo.
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Javey74

Can anyone tell me how much 20 New Shares would cost..  :?:

Anthony

20 x 3.86 = €77.20 ?

Prices here.

By the way, thanks for the tip here earlier about printing out your confirmation from Halifax and cheekily faxing it minus the bottom web printout strip! Just had to re-apply for the club and it saved a lot of hassle with getting something sent out.

Javey74

Thanks for that Anthony, it's just I'm waiting for my Halifax Share Dealing Account to be accepted, then I'm going to buy some. I then did a bit reading on the ShareHolders Club.  I realised that people were transferring from the old shares to the new ones, which puts a whole new pricing on the shares, but it's the current figures I couldn't find, since I read you needed 20 New Shares so as not to have to pay the admin fee for the 2 years. Anyway thanks again for those..  :mrgreen:

paul

Just bought 21 shares for my better halfs 21st birthday (next month). Am I safe to assume that I should be able to join the shareholders club in time for our visit in August, and that we shouldn't have a problem being able to get let in to Salon Mickey?

Anthony

If you put in your application ASAP, you should get the card in time. I sent mine by online fax at the very end of March and received the new card towards the end of May, so they aren't lying when they say 6 weeks!