Euro Disney S.C.A. (EDL) Shares

Started by shell_ely, March 27, 2007, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I have read in an English newspaper (Internet) that Euro Disney is making profit this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/articl ... years.html

Owain

This is such great news !  :D
Does this mean they are no longer in debt ?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Owain"This is such great news !  :D
Does this mean they are no longer in debt ?

Only if it is true, until it is officially announced, it should be treated as a rumor. But I'm pretty sure that if it is true, then they should be out of debt, which of course is brilliant news :mrgreen:

Alpop

Then as share holders do we get dividend payments???

ford prefect

The indebtedness is a seperate issue from operating profits.  As of 30/9/07 Eurodisney SCA owes €2.004,000,000. This is unlikely to have been repaid in 12 months.

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/in ... ndex.xhtml

However, an operating profit is wonderful news!

They should now be able to make good their repayments.  I doubt there will be a dividend for shareholders.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Alpop

Quote from: "ford prefect"I doubt there will be a dividend for shareholders.

It was wishful thinking

fattybacon

Quote from: "fattybacon"Well I'm now the latest member of the shareholders club.

I bought 20 new shares first thing this morning...
Hmm, I'm feeling rather gloomy about this. I sent my Actionaires club application form off by fax on 2nd October and I haven't received anything back 3 weeks later. I know the stated turn around time is 6 weeks but people were quoting around 10 days... before the price dropped to a level that encouraged people like me to buy!

I tried the shareholder club email address yesterday with no reply, and I rang the telephone number today but it was an answermachine that asked me to leave my contact details. Does anyone know if they ring you back or answer emails?

I'm due to set off to France on Friday for a visit to DLRP on Monday and I can't see how I'm going to get a temporary card or my official card.

Is it possible to collect a temporary card from City Hall or somewhere on site?
2001 July Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel Cheyenne®
2002 November Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel Newport Bay Club®
2003 February Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel New York®
2004 March Disneyland California - Disney\'s Grand Californian Hotel®
2006 January Hong Kong Disneyland - Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel®
2008 October Disneyland Resort Paris

fattybacon

Quote from: "fattybacon"Hmm, I'm feeling rather gloomy about this. I sent my Actionaires club application form off by fax on 2nd October and I haven't received anything back 3 weeks later. I know the stated turn around time is 6 weeks but people were quoting around 10 days... before the price dropped to a level that encouraged people like me to buy!

I tried the shareholder club email address yesterday with no reply, and I rang the telephone number today but it was an answermachine that asked me to leave my contact details.
The gloom is lifted! I rang again and got through to the loveliest of lovely ladies and she faxed my temp. club membership in the nick of time, I'm setting off for France tommorrow!
 :D/
2001 July Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel Cheyenne®
2002 November Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel Newport Bay Club®
2003 February Disneyland Resort Paris - Hotel New York®
2004 March Disneyland California - Disney\'s Grand Californian Hotel®
2006 January Hong Kong Disneyland - Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel®
2008 October Disneyland Resort Paris

Alpop

Glad you got your card. I was thinking it was a slim chance, but didn't want to put a dampener on your hopes.

Now all you have to do is spend lots.

olippold

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying shares to save on future visits, especially as they are currently priced so low, but I wanted to clear up a few things about the benefits: Do you only get discounts on park tickets and hotels booked independently, or would I get a discount if I booked a package via the Disney website? Also, the hotel discount applies to a maximum of 2 nights - would I be able to book for 3 nights, get a discount on 2 of the nights, and pay full the 3rd night?

For example, we're going to DLRP next week for 3 nights over Halloween (Thursday to Sunday), which was all booked as a single package from the Disney website. (I find that less stressful than separately booking hotel and Eurostar and finding one has sold out whilst booking the other, which is what happened last time I went!). If I had been a shareholder at the time of the booking, would I have been able to save anything?

Thanks,
Oliver

never2old

Quote from: "olippold"Do you only get discounts on park tickets and hotels booked independently, or would I get a discount if I booked a package via the Disney website? Also, the hotel discount applies to a maximum of 2 nights - would I be able to book for 3 nights, get a discount on 2 of the nights, and pay full the 3rd night

Hi Oliver!

You cannot book through their website to get the discount; there's a phone number for the shareholders bookings (number's on the back of your card), you need to book your stay through them to get the discount. For the park tickets, I belive discount is only applied for tickets bought at the park entrance. Regarding the 3rd night, I guess they would do that, yes, but I can't tell you for certain I haven't tried yet. They're really helpful, so I'm sure they'll try to give you the best possible rate!

Alpop

It is worth mentioning that you can't get the Shareholder discount on top of a special offer. When we booked it was "get one night free". When I phoned up to book the room package, They said that I was better off with the free night deal, than with the shareholder discount.
It is worth comparing both though.

CJNorth

I may be out of date with this bit of information but you never used to be able to book your transport (Eurostar) on the Shareholders line.
Carl

dhughesrovers

Just a quick note to anybody who currently has shares, or is thinking of becoming a shareholder. After hitting a record low over the past few weeks it looks like the share price is finally stabilising and may start to rise again, a big releif for shareholders like myself and also a very good opportunity for potential investors. [-o<

Clarebelle

Hi everyone! I need a little help please [-o<

I'm in the UK and looking to buy shares, my bf works for a bank (RBS) and can do this for me with their Direct trader share dealing account, where you have the option to buy either online or by phone. Will this be accepted for shareholders club? If they only send confirmation by email?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]