winter pre trip report 23-27 November 2014

Started by polar vixen, October 15, 2014, 06:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

So we only visited last June which was fab but since we usually go in September when got to September it felt really weird, in the meantime ds2 got diagnosed with autism and learning difficulties so profound her didn't even score on there first percentile in testing, then I miscarried and I thought ' you know what, I don't care what other people think I need a break and I'm going to have one!' so why Disney ' again'? because going away without the kids isn't an option and with two kids with asd going somewhere they've been before is soooo much easier also I wanted to go somewhere that I wouldn't have to cook n clean up where on as night time I could put the kids to bed and actually just spend some time with dh and just chill!  So when Disney bought out the 20% of plus free dining plan I went for it.
It's the first time we're going and not staying at Davy Crockett! Don't get me wrong I love Davy Crockett but dh always complains about driving so we're going eurostar which meant we had to stay in as hotel. So we've gone for the Cheyenne with two connecting rooms. Going are myself, dh, dd(15), dsage 9,5,3, and 1.
We're driving to London the Saturday and catching eurostar direct Sunday morning which should get us there 2 pm.   French time. Now here is my first quandary; well have all our luggage but I'm thinking ity might be better for us to walk. to the Cheyenne rather than catch the shuttle n hopefully beat the queues to get in?  Does anyone have any experience of this?  Also, once we've checked in it'll be a mad rush to get round to the studios as Cars is closed for the rest of our holiday and is ds3 favourite ride.  Studios is only till 6, so we have tea booked at Chez Remy for 5pm, do you think this will be enough time to eat?  (I've tried to factor in walking from train station to Cheyenne, checking in, walking back to studios, getting my boys Disability passes, (I think I can get these at the visitor desk at the studios? ) going on cars, and having a nice, non-rushed tea.  Do you think I'd be better just riding cars and having a slightly later but more relaxed tea in the parks?  and doing Chez Remy another night?  Depending on how things go we may ned up doing some rides and staying for dreams, or we may have a wander back through the village and get to bed at a slightly more decent hour so we can hit the parks early Monday......I'm undecided, but need a plan in writing  (well picture form anyway) to keep boys as unstressed as possible. 
DH, is of the attitude, 'happy to come but don't expect help in making plans', so I need your thoughts, please!

Uragano Tati

Spending time in Disney is always a great idea and a great way to take away stress and problems!
If the train is on time I think that you will have enough time to have at least one ride on Cars before your early dinner. The walk from the station to the Cheyenne isn't very long, but taking the bus may be faster if the bus comes early.
We will be at the Cheyenne from 24th to 28th november, almost the same dates!  ;)
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Sonyak3

I'm there the same dates but in sequoia lodge..We are goin to be the in the same boat hoping to arrive by 2 then flying visit to the studios to get in the cars as I know my sml fella will love it...