Single parent planning first Disneyland paris holiday....help please!!!

Started by 2anddone, October 06, 2014, 12:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2anddone

Hi I have 2 children aged 6 and 9 and both under 130cm in height. I am very tempted to take them to Disneyland Paris March 2015 but it would be on my own. The travelling, hotel stay and general day to day doesn't worry me but what I really need help with is the answer to what happens on rides?
I have read the information on the guidebook on this website about height restrictions and how many each ride seats etc and was wondering what happens if my children want to ride a '2 seater' ride such as autopia or buzz lightyear? Will I have to stand one child with a ride operator while I ride with one and then swap the child for the other and ride again? Will they be able to ride together with me in a carriage behind (not keen on them riding with a stranger), will some ride operators let me put both children in the carriage with me as they are so small? Please help this is the only thing currently stopping me pushing the book button!!!!
ps not worried about rollercoasters as my children don't like them its just the dumbo, autopia and especially the buzz ride I am the most worried about Thanks so much

itslizi

I witnessed a couple of kids with a parent ride Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast last month when I visited. Obviously the parent was in the middle and didn't have a laser leaving the kids had a laser each so I know that that happens on that ride as for the others I'm not certain. I've only gone as an adult with my boyfriend so obviously can't relate.

Ratatouille has three seats together, so that's definitely suitable for you. Other rides will have a carriage made up of two rows, so the kids could always ride together and you sit behind them.

Also there's so much more to Disneyland Paris than just the rides, you've got characters, parades, shows, dining, shopping.

cazspence

Buzz is 3 seater. Its our favourite ride. My son (almost 4) and husband have a gun and I steer it. 👍

littlebitofpixiedust

As above most rides you'll be together anyway I think only dumbo, autopia, orbitrion are for 2 people. Other than that most rides have 2/3 rows per car e.g snow white, Pinocchio, pirates, parachute drop, slinky (quite roomy me my dad and son sat together) ratatouille as mentioned above, studio tram tour, all the shows you'll sit together. That's just some of the attractions above. There is loads!
Obviously roller coasters 2 seated (rock n roller and space mountain) but not sure you'd go on them anyway. Crush coaster is a 4 seater car but back to back so 2 sit side by side other behind you, big thunder mountain 2 seater but can sit in front or behind still see them.

I wouldn't worry about this there's plenty of rides you'll sit together and very few you don't. The overall Disney experience the parades, shows character dining I'm sure missing 2/3 rides wouldn't matter :)
Have a wonderful trip!

Esti

You'll probably be able to sit with the 2 of them in most rides. If you're doing Big Thunder Mountain, for example, you might have to sit with the younger one and the older one would go behind/before you, but alone, not with a stranger. I think all kid's attractions allow for 3 passengers, so the only "problem" would be rollercoaster, but I'm not sure you'll go on many of them...

If it helps, I went with my mom and my 5 year old brother 10 years ago (I was 11) and we had a blast. I even rode rollescoasters alone!

EmmaH

Have an amazing time!!!!

With BTM I rode between my two boys aged 7 and 5 at the time, although my 5 year old is a tall lad and I'm not as slim as I once was.

I worried about the ride numbers as we are a family of 5 but I was so pleased to see all the rides were accommodating for three in a row.

As said Crush Coaster is a two/two ride so I spent the ride yelling to my eldest "you ok" bless him xx
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013