Hotel and time of year

Started by Mountford, October 05, 2014, 01:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountford

Wondering if anyone could help last time we went to disney we stayed at the New York hotel and really liked it , was thinking of staying at Santa Fe this time was just wondering how it compares , also with children being in school would have to go in half term does anyone no if it will be quieter in feb half term rather than may half term thanks

littlebitofpixiedust

That's the half term I've booked too never done in before I've been told it is not as busy as summer hols or Xmas hols if any help were staying Santa fe too then we've done all on site hotels new York last week and Santa fe isn't as nice as new York but its cars theme wich my son loves there's also a garage close to this hotel wich is handy for drinks and snacks. I, just as exited staying at the Santa fe as I was the new York.
You'll be at Disneyland after all :) may see you there! Hope I've helped :)

DisneyMichelle

Hey,

We are going in Feb half term aswell and staying in Santa Fe!!! :)

We are staying in Santa Fe due to the cars theme also. I have not stayed in New York before but would love to, just feel its closer to everything and will have grander feel to it, but thats just my thoughts as i havent stayed at either before. We chose Santa fe due to the price so we could spend more money on resturants and gifts etc.

I have not been in Feb half term before but have read many times it is the nicer of the school holidays to go as it is a tad quieter, however it is a school holiday so will be without doubt busy - but im used to going in new year so it shouldnt be as busy as that time of year.

see you all there! haha xx
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: DisneyMichelle on October 06, 2014, 04:23:22 PM
Hey,

We are staying in Santa Fe due to the cars theme also. I have not stayed in New York before but would love to, just feel its closer to everything and will have grander feel to it, but thats just my thoughts as i havent stayed at either before. We chose Santa fe due to the price so we could spend more money on resturants and gifts etc.

I have not been in Feb half term before but have read many times it is the nicer of the school holidays to go as it is a tad quieter, however it is a school holiday so will be without doubt busy - but im used to going in new year so it shouldnt be as busy as that time of year.

Wow! You've been new year!? What's that like!
I've stayed Santa fe only once and newport, dosneyland hotel only once. New York twice and Cheyenne sequioa lodge well about 10 times each! Lol.

I think Santa fe is fine tbh, clean and standard breakfast much like Cheyenne and sequioa. The theme is great and I love the view of it at night the big McQueen and Sally all lit up. So a lot of us are doing feb half term!
Be cool to bump into one another how many in your party?

There's me my son mum nan grandad and some newbies my uncle his wife and 2 boys! Love taking a newbie they get hooked like me hahaha

DisneyMichelle

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on October 06, 2014, 06:06:16 PM
Quote from: DisneyMichelle on October 06, 2014, 04:23:22 PM
Hey,

Wow! You've been new year!? What's that like!
I've stayed Santa fe only once and newport, dosneyland hotel only once. New York twice and Cheyenne sequioa lodge well about 10 times each! Lol.

I think Santa fe is fine tbh, clean and standard breakfast much like Cheyenne and sequioa. The theme is great and I love the view of it at night the big McQueen and Sally all lit up. So a lot of us are doing feb half term!
Be cool to bump into one another how many in your party?

There's me my son mum nan grandad and some newbies my uncle his wife and 2 boys! Love taking a newbie they get hooked like me hahaha

Yes New Year is one of my favs. It is very busy but amazing. I cant think of anywhere else I would like to spend new year to be honest.
Especially on New Years day when you know everyone is in the UK with naughty hangovers and off to work the next day and feelling down in the dumps and your in Disney going on your fav rides and eating in lovely resturants happy as can be. Its fun! I would recommend it if you can.

I am going with my boyfriend, my friend and her 5 year old son and my other friend and her 2 teenagers. SO it should be good fun. We have interconnecting rooms and they have left all the planning to me as I know it all so I am having great fun coming up with an Itinerary  for us all :)
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)