Change of plan packages

Started by Miniminnie, October 02, 2014, 11:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miniminnie

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.
We booked our October 2014 Disney break back in February and from my own research it seems that Disney have changed their half board standard package since booking. Disney have not contacted us about this!

From our initial booking with the standard packages we could eat in Silver Spur Steakhouse, Annette's Diner and other table service restaurants although NOW Standard package is just for Buffet Restaurants (mainly in hotels!). We have spoken to travel agents and they have had no joy communicating with Disney! We don't know whether we will be honoured our original package (that's is now premium) or whether we can now only use vouchers for buffet restaurants!

We know we can pay extra and use the money from our vouchers and 'top up' but we had specifically booked standard to eat at these specific restaurants (as been previously) and will now have to foot an extra bill.

Our travel agent has said to wait until all our tickets have been collected but if I remember right we didn't collect our vouchers until we arrived at hotel. Has anyone experienced anything similar as would really appreciate your advice as want to book our restaurants in advance before we go and leaving us in limbo!!

moonloo

Although not the same issue, I had something similar when I booked golden forrest room (purely for the characters) for March next year, they then announced that the character interaction was being removed. This was the only reason I had for staying in a more costly hotel, therefore I went back to the travel agend and asked to change to santa fe. The travel agent called and spoke to many different people who were all a little misleading (I really felt I was having to tell her!!!!!) They refused to change, then they said they would but it would not give us a refund so we shouldnt bother changing, then they said they would charge us extra to move becasue the deal we booked under was no longer valid! Anyway, in the end the manager spoke to someone and they agreed in the end to transfer the booking to santa fe and we got a refund of around £150!
So my advice would be tenacious, eventually you may speak to someone who will be helpful!!!!
Good luck.