Disney's Enchanted Christmas 2014

Started by Anthony, September 30, 2014, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: RockNRoller on November 07, 2014, 02:53:58 PM
Hang on if it's too big to be a cavalcade so it becomes a Christmas Parade does that mean we could get "Chante Cest Noel" back? Please, please, please (fingers crossed)

Sorry to burst your bubble about that one, but no haha.
If only that would happen! I really really really miss that song!
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

RockNRoller

Quote from: DLRPWonders on November 07, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble about that one, but no haha.
If only that would happen! I really really really miss that song!

I have 3 words for you Christmas ring tone  :D
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: RockNRoller on November 07, 2014, 04:15:49 PM
I have 3 words for you Christmas ring tone  :D

I have 3 words for you: Santa's Christmas Village.

Last year they kept playing the song over and over at the Santa Meet 'n Greet haha.
It's my ringtone now too! :P
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

AislingM

What have I missed? Where is Chante c`est Noel gone???
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: AislingM on November 07, 2014, 09:28:25 PM
What have I missed? Where is Chante c`est Noel gone???

It was already gone last year.
They used to use this song for the Halloween Parade and the Tree Lighting Ceremony.
However since last year they're not using that song anymore.

AislingM

Oh no! I haven`t been for xmas season since 2012. I had no idea it was gone :'( That`s very upsetting! I have been playing it non stop on youtube.
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

Maria

Hi All,

Have been on this site for the last 2 months but this my first post. I'm so excited- have my first ever trip to DLP booked for dec 28th to jan 2nd. I'm guessing its going to be insanely busy. I've been trying to get through as many posts as possible to gather info as I don't really know what to expect. We're bring our 3 and 5 year old girls. Staying in hotel New York- not expecting much from the hotel as I've read some bad reviews- but location is great!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks  :)
Christmas 2014- Hotel New York (Magical)
October 2015- Newport Bay (Almost there)
May 2016- Disneyland Hotel (Planning)

captain rocket

In my experience, about five stays at the New York, raise your expectations! The New York is a good quality, enjoyable hotel with a very easy stroll to the parks! Individuals will always have good or bad experiences, but it tends to be the ones who have a genuine or perceived gripe who post on websites! Probably the only thing about the New York that is lacking is that is not so "Disney" as some of the other hotels!
When you return don't forget to let us all know how you got on!
Have a great stay!

Maria

Christmas 2014- Hotel New York (Magical)
October 2015- Newport Bay (Almost there)
May 2016- Disneyland Hotel (Planning)

Ceh

New York is really amazing, for me it's the best hotel (three NY stays, plus some other). Looks so nice with a great atmosphere. If you're lucky you may even eat breakfast in the cocktailbar when it's busy, which looks fab! So definitly do so if you have the opportunity! :-)

AislingM

New York is a brilliant hotel especially at that time of year , the parkside diner buffet is lovely and the orange juice you get at breakfast is amazing! The place even smells nice , and the bar is perfect for relaxing in the evening, waiter service and if your a whiskey drinker they have a great selection!
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

jrh

Quote from: DLRPWonders on November 07, 2014, 01:15:16 PM
Quote from: Magicpartytime on November 07, 2014, 01:08:16 PM
Is Disney Magic on Parade & Christmas Cavalcade = La Parade de Noel Disney ?
Or is it only the Christmas Cavalcade with a Other Name ?

There is no Disney Magic On Parade this Christmas season.
La Parade de Noel Disney is the Christmas cavalcade.
However because this year there's is an additional float, it's too big to keep calling it a cavalcade.
Therefor no DMOP, no cavalcade but a Christmas parade.
Well, it's not big enough to go around Town Square!  Don't you think it should since It's the only parade this year??? Don't get me wrong, Fantastic Parade! I just wish DLP would use Town Square more often rather than saving it for Magic On Parade. The Halloween and Christmas Parades certainly deserve it!

Is there any other reason besides the Christmas parade growing why Magic On Parade was cut this year?  They added Father Christmas and Christmas Bells last year and it looked nice. I liked it. Why they change this year?

Another thing, Why didn't DLP put the main street dancers into Halloween and Christmas?  They were wonderful in the spring and summer.  The  music is available since spring and summer was from WDW.

DLRP Roundup!

Christmas is an expensive time for DLP, very expensive, so far it has an entirely new nighttime show, new parade, new characters and a ton more atmospheric decoration than any other point in the year, including hotel overlays.

Magic on parade is getting a tad old now, i'd cut them some slack. For free they put on a far better show than the other Disney parks at Christmas.

Main street dancers are likely due to the weather. Out when they can bank on it, in when they can't.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

candydog

It's a nice parade, but it could definitely do with a few more floats if it's going to be used exclusively as "THE" christmas parade. Another three floats to add in some extra characters would give it more length. The parades at christmas in the US parks have traditionally always been long and I think the overall effect is much nicer, like you're watching a moving show. They have an element of old-fashioned pageantry that the DLP offering lacks.

According to youtube videos, the current christmas parade in Paris runs at approximately 6 - 8 mins, whereas the US parks easily run around 20 mins. They seem far less frantic and rushed than the Paris parade, and seem better quality, in spite of the fact that most of the floats are in fact mostly older recycled units from older parades.

paterdave2

A normal parade in DLP also runs for about 20 minutes. This is just the cavalcade renamed. Sure they added an extra float but aslo last year they canceled one and added one so if they were wise they would have added the float they deleted last year so you would have 2 extra floats this year.

The float that I mean is the most top left.
Also they changed the float with mickey on it.
That could easy be a float for the princesses and than you would have a real parade
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm