Staying Off Site

Started by andlorna, September 11, 2014, 12:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andlorna

We are looking at going Oct half term but wanting to go on a bit of a budget seeing that we will be purchasing annual passes.
Can anybody recommend a good hotel/apartment within walking distance to the park, thanks
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

DLRP Roundup!

Kyriad is usually the cheapest I've seen. Use Trivago to price, set the location as Disneyland Paris or Marne La Vallee and use distance as a sort option.

HiPark Serris is 0.9 miles away (20 min walk) and is very nice inside!
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

vampira

I have stayed at the Hipark Serris. It is indeed a nice hotel. It's clean and the rooms are quiet and have everything you want.
Breakfast is nice, with enough choice, but it's a little expensive in my opinion.

My sister stayed in the Kyriad hotel. I think this is usually the cheapest. She thought it was ok, but of course she was in the parks most of the day.

I'm going to Explorers hotel this year as it was the cheapest at the moment we booked (including breakfast and free parking) so I would say, check some sites to see which hotel you like and what the prices are.  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

andlorna

Thanks for your responses still looking for the best options, price, location free parking etc. :D
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

DisneyMichelle

Hey.

During NYE last year we stayed in the Prestige Park & Suites. Its really nice, rooms are comfortable and they run a shuttle bus to and from the park which takes about 5mins maximum. Their Prices are really reasonable. I would use them again without worry.
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

A&S&O

We've stayed at the Adagio for the last three years. The price varies, depending on how long you stay. Its slightly further away from Disney than Hipark, but there is a free shuttle bus (which we haven't used) or its a ten minute drive. The hotel is self catering, so you can save money on food.

Depending on how long you're going for, look at buying an annual pass rather than day tickets. I think its cheaper for an annual pass than a four day ticket. They include free parking, shop / restaurant discounts and you can use them for a year. You can buy them on the gate (ask on here for sponsorship and you can get 10% discount), or from discount websites before you go.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

polar vixen

Maybe it's just my family size, but I've always found the Davy Crockett ranch to be the cheapest option for us, even compared to staying off site, and if only one of you purchased an annual pass, I believe you could book the room with AP discount, also that would give you free parking, BUT, it is a self drive destination.  If driving is something you'd consider, you'dprobably find this a cheaper travel option aswell.

Zee79

We stay in apartments in Montrevain (? check spelling  :) )basically near Val d'Europe- which is one train stop from the park so never needed to take the car in except on the last when we check early so can spend day in park- we have dream passes so carpark is free.

amanda08

We just came back from 3 nights in the Sejours et Afairs -in a 1 bedroom (4 person) apartment. I paid 70 euro for 3 nights!!  It is less then 5 minutes walk to the free number 50 peps bus and about 30 seconds further to the train. It was  not luxurious at all, but was clean, shower and beds were good, had a fridge and a microwave and was very cheap!!

For a budget trip I would definatley book here again :)

Disneypluto

Quote from: amanda08 on September 11, 2014, 11:21:34 AM
We just came back from 3 nights in the Sejours et Afairs -in a 1 bedroom (4 person) apartment. I paid 70 euro for 3 nights!!  It is less then 5 minutes walk to the free number 50 peps bus and about 30 seconds further to the train. It was  not luxurious at all, but was clean, shower and beds were good, had a fridge and a microwave and was very cheap!!

For a budget trip I would definatley book here again :)

That is an amazing deal you got their amanda08..Even better having a microwave and fridge in room.."BARGAIN" :)

twentythingamabobs

HiPark is great, we've stayed there 3 times and will be going back again for Halloween. The bus is reliable but gets really really busy of a morning so have walked to the Parks on occasion which is fine, it is a very easy, quick walk. The apartments themselves are really nice, we had a huge balcony overlooking the pool when we stayed in the summer which was fab! Toaster was included as well which i loved  :D I wouldn't go back to Parks and Prestige purely because the shuttle was so unreliable. Last time we stayed there, it was not on time once for pick up from the Park by at least 15/20 minutes (which is a reeeeally long time to try and keep a severely autistic lad occupied!) and for Halloween night it turned up 2 hours late to pick us up from the apartment as it had broken down.The reception did not offer this information freely, they kept insisting it was on its way so there was no need to get a taxi. Spoiled our trip as the little lad was so upset and confused.

Disneypluto

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on September 11, 2014, 01:31:05 PM
HiPark is great, we've stayed there 3 times and will be going back again for Halloween. The bus is reliable but gets really really busy of a morning so have walked to the Parks on occasion which is fine, it is a very easy, quick walk. The apartments themselves are really nice, we had a huge balcony overlooking the pool when we stayed in the summer which was fab! Toaster was included as well which i loved  :D I wouldn't go back to Parks and Prestige purely because the shuttle was so unreliable. Last time we stayed there, it was not on time once for pick up from the Park by at least 15/20 minutes (which is a reeeeally long time to try and keep a severely autistic lad occupied!) and for Halloween night it turned up 2 hours late to pick us up from the apartment as it had broken down.The reception did not offer this information freely, they kept insisting it was on its way so there was no need to get a taxi. Spoiled our trip as the little lad was so upset and confused.

Did you get a good deal on this hotel...All sounds good about the place :)

twentythingamabobs

I think it was about £200 for 4 nights for the 4 of us. It works well for us as we have Annual Passes so dont need the tickets or EMH that you get when you stay at the hotels! I hope you get a great deal and have an amazing time  :D

Disneypluto

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on September 11, 2014, 02:05:56 PM
I think it was about £200 for 4 nights for the 4 of us. It works well for us as we have Annual Passes so dont need the tickets or EMH that you get when you stay at the hotels! I hope you get a great deal and have an amazing time  :D

I have already booked to go next Oct..We are staying at the Hotel New York..But will keep in mind the next time i book and look at that HiPark...That sure is a good deal :)

never2old

I too recommend Hipark, we're hoping to stay there again in October (and probably again in November  ;))

Rooms are excellent, and it's really close to the parks - we always park in the Disney Village (even if we need to pay, it's so close to the parks that we simply can't resist it...) and from the hotel to the DV carpark is less than 5 minutes.

They do have a parking in the hotel but you need to pay, we always manage to find a spot in the streets around the hotel (though not always very close)

We've done the Prestige Park and Suites once, it was OK, rooms a bit more basic (and used) than Hiparl, but it was OK. I would go there again if the prices were much lower than Hipark...