Soft toys in hotel bedroom on arrival

Started by Sammy6, September 10, 2014, 07:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammy6

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've recently booked a 4 night stay in a Golden Forest room at SL at the end of Nov with my DH, DS aged 6 and DS aged 3.  This will be their first trip to Disney - and my first in about 15 yrs - so very excited! 
From reading lots of your posts, I  can see many of you were lucky enough to receive some toys for the children on arrival at the hotel.  Is this something they always do or only if you email in advance about a birthday.  I wondered as we've upgraded whether it might be included?  I'd love it if I can organise this as will be so special for the children

Am so happy to have found this forum - I'm enjoying the planning so much.

Sam

Uragano Tati

Having a free toy in your room on your arrival is only a matter of luck. Sometimes they do that but don't count on that. You can't know if it will happen.
If you want to have some toys (or everything else) in your room on your arrival you can call the call center and they will put them there for you, but that's not for free, you have to pay.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

moonloo

I tend to buy a couple of disney cuddlies before hnd and sneak them on the bed before the kids see!! Much cheaper, have done the same with easter eggs when we went for easter too!

gemma2806

When I went last year in November I emailed before and advised that it was my sons first time staying during Christmas season and any extras they could do for free would be wonderful. Disney try to make every stay magical and special for their guests and upon arrival we found a Pluto plush for our son on his bed and also a Mickey plush for my partner on his bed as the holiday was a late birthday present. We stayed in the GFC as well. We had stayed for 12nts the previous year in a Montana lake side room and so I'm not sure if this had any bearing on their decision but I'd like to think not!

Also with GFC check in they are brilliant with kids and tend to provide freebies when you check in anyway. There is always free chocolate coins at the desk and sweets and they provide chocolate coins as standard in the rooms every night. In addition to this though they provide free vouchers for different things depending on your child and the cast member who is there. My son got a free Mickey Balloon from any store in resort that saved us about €8. I have seen trip reports from other forum members whose children have received free autograph books and plush toys etc so chances are even if you don't get a plush toy in your room, your kids will more than likely receive a free gift relevant to them at check in  ;D

Sonyak3

Wat date in November are you goin?we are travelling the 23rd to the 27th November and also stayin in GFC.i have asked the same questions when I was looking to upgrade and so far haven't had a definite answer..I'm thinking of emailing them before we go and just hoping for the best!!!

Sammy6

Sonyak3 - we'll cross paths!  We've booked from 26th-30th.

Sammy6

Gemma2806 - that sounds brilliant.  Did you email the hotel directly?  Not sure who to contact.  And did you have a Lakeview room? 

Disneypluto

Sounds like fun having a toy in your room on arrival..My girls would sure love that :)

gemma2806

Sammy6 we did have a lake view room yes and it was brilliant. Again we paid for a lake view room but my partner REALLY loves the view so I emailed and requested a high floor with a great view of the lake. We were given a room directly in the middle of the floor (I think we were on floor 6) and the panoramic view was amazing. We could see across lake Disney to Disney Village as well as seeing the grounds of the hotel by the lake and across to Newport Bay and Hotel New York, we couldn't have wished for a better view. I know it's more money and you don't really spend a lot of time looking out of the window (!) but it just adds to the magic.

I emailed the hotel directly, you can contact them at dlp.sql.front.office@disney.com  :D

~sarahjayne~

We had 2 piglets in our room for my girls at DLH but not sure if that's something that happens often.

Disneypluto

Quote from: ~sarahjayne~ on September 12, 2014, 02:13:14 PM
We had 2 piglets in our room for my girls at DLH but not sure if that's something that happens often.

Did you have to pay for that sarahjayne??

~sarahjayne~

I didn't request them, so I hope I haven't paid for them!

We have stayed at dlp a few times, not sure if that's why

Disneypluto

Right ok...I think i will wait and see what happens when i arrive next year...Thanks for the heads up :)

Mrsya

I go on eBay for bargain bmwt soft toys and nip them onto the bunk bed at DC with a welcome letter from Mickey. Saves me a fortune and my little ones are still young enough to think its magical!

izzysfirstdisney

Just incase it is of interest this is the current price list for arrival gifts ( birthdays etc ) for Cheyenne as was looking for our little girl but not sure we will at the prices stated

Little Birthday Package - Garçon :                     prix :   69.00 €

1 peluche Mickey 15"                        
1 Autograph book ( satndard )                        
1 stylo autograph book                        
10 pièces en chocolat                        
10 bonbons.                        
5 ballons multicolores gonflés à l'hélium                        
Carte de l'hôtel Happy Birthday                        

Little Birthday Package - Fille :                     prix :   69.00 €

1 peluche Minnie 15"                        
1 Autograph book ( satndard )                        
1 stylo autograph book