Pre-trip report 28/9/14 4 nights at HNY!!!

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, September 10, 2014, 05:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey everyone just over 2 weeks to go and very exited! Eeeek! So thought I'd share my pre-trip report  :)

So firstly who's going!
Myself, my son, my mum, dad, brother, nan and grandad, my aunt, cousine and her daughter!

We will head of via Eurostar from ebbsfleet Sunday morning me, mum and my son will be in first class. While others are standard. For some reason first class is where wheelchair users are seated. Hey-ho nice to have a cuppa tea on the way though ;)

My son will be watching a Disney movie on his iPad on the way as always. When we arrive drop of luggage at desk and of we go. We always check in first even though room not usually ready as at this time it's 2ish. But we do find check in is a lot easier and quieter doing it this way and ensures a ground floor room wich is what we ask for.
(reason for this is previous trip to sequioa lift was out of service and carrying my sons wheelchair and him isn't easy!)

After sorting our bags having a nose in our rooms we will be ready to start this adventure!!! I've lost count how many times I've been now but I know my son has been at least 10 times and he's 6 and I went few times before having him.

So it is a Sunday its king to be quite busy we generally don't do a lot on first day, but well head to studios most probbaly sort my sons easy access pass and then let him have a quick ride on the magic carpets! (don't know how many times he's made me watch it on YouTube!) after that one of the children's shows and of for dinner. Planet Hollywood I'm thinking! Love it there!

After dinner chill out glass of wine and sleep ready for a full day starting at the main park. We decided on last visit to do extra magic hours and back for breakfast at 10 sounds a little crazy but it works for us means my son can have time out of his chair after breakfast and crawl and explore hotel room. Its along day otherwise to be sitting from morning till night.

So after that more rides and fun!

Booked inventions for this evening at 6pm so looking forward to that most certainly.
After our meal We will watch dreams if it's not on early not quite sure of park closing! I'll have to check  :-\

Then after this a walk along Disney village few shops and back to rest.

The next days same routine EMH then. Back to hotel for breakfast then to studios can't wait to try ratatouille ride!!!
Going to try meet some characters in studios always seem lucky here! Hoping they are going to do ques for meet and greets children and adults push in front of my son so he can't even see and it's not like he can stand... Does infuriate me!

Probably a quick mc ds tonight afer our large meal previous!!! Lol...

After than early night ready for day 3. Today will probably try and do some adult rides TOT and rock n roller coaster definatley! Think most attractions are open ive checked. Oh small worlds closed  our entire trip apart from the Sunday hmmm have to squeeze that in for the kiddies!

Think we may say at HNY. Anyone ever ate there??? Let me know if any good please!

Day 4 and I'll be starting to feel blue and try not to think today is our last night! But will be telling myself I'll be back dec! Oh and feb.... Disney addict!!!!

So anything we've missed so far well be trying to get done today. Car stunt show and rides we've missed and both parades and probably another watch of dreams  ;)

Planet Hollywood for dinner again I assume we love it!

Day 5 bet packed earlier breakfast and of to the park when we're ready!
Today I'll be focusing on all my little mans favourite attractions and shows and repeating his best moments, taking some last minute photos trying to capture the magic in his eyes.

No tears, no tears lol......

Uragano Tati

That sounds to be a great trip!!! Happy magic holiday!!!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

littlebitofpixiedust

Disneypluto

Have a fantastic time littlebitofpixiedust.. :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Disneypluto

We are staying at the Hotel New York too next Oct if it is still open..Can't wait to hear your reports when you get back  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

:)I've been once before and loved it but I love all the Disney hotels for diff reasons. HNY is nice because of the hot breakfast and very spacious rooms

Disneypluto

Last time i was their was about 14yrs ago with our 1st daughter..We stayed at the Disneyland paris hotel but its gotten mighty expensive now so we booked 4 days to stay in the Hotel New York it was nearly half the price..My twin girls will be nearly 5 when we go next October... :)

littlebitofpixiedust

There going to love it! My sons just turned 6 and he's a right Disney addict lol. What have we done to our children!? Haha

Disneypluto

I think the biggest kid here is me lol...Yeah my girls are right into Disney...Next October is ages away though.. :)

littlebitofpixiedust

It is a while away but it gives you something to look forward too!  :)

Disneypluto

Yup it sure is but we have already started a list for what we need to get/do.. :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Ultra-organised!! I like it  ;D
It best so you can be prepared and fit everything in that you can!
What dates in October are you going? We've only ever been first week, but it's Halloweened up and fairly quiet so all good! I love seeing the villains out and about also you never see them

Disneypluto

We are going on the 12th Oct for 4 nights/5days...We love Haloween do we are all looking forward in seeing the villans and the Halloween Parade :)

littlebitofpixiedust

Should be pretty quiet still then. 4nights ideal too :) we normally do 4 each time but dec/feb just doing 3.
I think you need at least 3-4 nights. 2 goes way too fast!