TRIP REPORT - Hotel Santa Fe September 1-5 2014 *DAY TWO ADDED!*

Started by stormflm595, September 07, 2014, 03:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslizi

Quote from: Disneypluto on September 10, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
Can you remember what the prices are for the Disney princesses dresses stormflm595?

I believe they are 59.99€

Also, a lovely Trip Report so far, I am looking into writing up my own as I got home last night. I stayed at Sequoia Lodge and would definitely recommend.

Disneypluto

Quote from: itslizi on September 11, 2014, 12:49:40 PM
Quote from: Disneypluto on September 10, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
Can you remember what the prices are for the Disney princesses dresses stormflm595?

I believe they are 59.99€

Also, a lovely Trip Report so far, I am looking into writing up my own as I got home last night. I stayed at Sequoia Lodge and would definitely recommend.

Thanks for that Itslizi..Much appreciated :)

stormflm595

Thanks for all of the lovely comments so far everyone! I've been quite busy these past few days sorting stuff out for when I go back to uni on Monday (boooooo!) but I hope to have the first full day up by tonight!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

vampira

I love your pictures! They make me smile as you look so happy! Looks like you had a wonderfull time.  :)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

stormflm595

So adding a new entry didn't work out as planned! I'm so sorry for the delay, I moved back to uni a couple of weeks ago so I've been catching up with friends and going to events etc. But I am about to start my first full day entry and also...I'VE BOOKED FOR MARCHHHH ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! So I am in such high spirits atm so expect a long entry!  ;D
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

stormflm595

Day two!

Considering that we didn't get to bed until almost midnight the night before, we were up as soon as our alarm went off at about 6:30am. We wanted to be in the park as soon as possible and so we had decided to bring cereal with us so that we could eat and get ready at the same time. Innovative, right?! We left the hotel at around 8:10am and decided that as it was such a nice day, we'd walk instead of taking the shuttle. It didn't take us long and soon we were walking through the Village and towards the Disneyland Hotel. I always like to stop here and take a few photos, I find the architecture and decoration so whimsical and pretty so we took a couple of photos standing in front of the hotel (I'm in the mint green top and dungarees, Molly is wearing the Disney baseball top).

After a few photos and taking in the scenery we decided to enter the park. So, I mentioned in my pre-trip report that this was Molly's first ever time at a Disney Park. I wanted to capture the moment we walked under the rail station and Main Street and the castle are revealed and Molly's reaction and so I made a video =') 

As soon as I turned the video off, Molly started crying a little since she held herself together for the video haha and then of course, I cried as well and not just a little tear but a full on cry. I had to have a sit down on the pavement for a few moments to recover before we stopped at City Hall to get a park map and programme. We decided to go to Discoveryland first since the queue for Space Mountain was only 5 minutes. Safe to say I decided that I like SM so much better than Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, even though I love that one too! We then headed over to Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast. We were surprised at a 15 minute waiting time during the EMH but the queue moved relatively fast and in the end we only queued for about 10 minutes. That seemed to be the pattern of the whole trip: the queue line says one thing but we queued for half of that amount. I got a sneaky photo of us on it and my god I look miserable but I can honestly say that I was concentrating on defeating Zurg!

After we were done on Buzz it was nearing 9:30 so we decided to head to Fantasyland before it started to get busy. From this point on my memory is slightly sketchy and so I can't remember exactly what we went on in order but I can take a guess looking at my photos haha! Since we walked through the castle we took a little detour and had a look at the upstairs balcony. Sleeping Beauty is one of my absolute favourites so I always like to come up here. I also told Molly about Snow Whites wishing well and the dragon and she wanted to check them out so we first made a detour and made a little wish into Snow's well.

We then went down to visit Maleficent. Molly absolutely adored it, seeing as Maleficent in her words is, "the most fabulous villain there is!". I have to agree haha. After a visit in the dungeons, we decided to check out the small shop next to the castle which houses the dwarves cottage, which before meeting you lovely people, I had no idea about. It was so adorable! We then decided to take a ride on the Carousel and whilst queuing we met a lovely family who had travelled all the way from India! We had a good chat with them and also helped them along the way as the signs confused them a little before bidding goodbye. We looked out for them during the rest of the trip, wanting to find out if they'd had a magical time but we didn't see them again =( After we got of the Carousel it was past 10am and the park was getting busy so we headed to It's A Small World as the ride is always moving. We only queued for about 5 minutes again and got on. I admit I got a bit trigger happy during the ride and took around 20 photos of the whole of it...I bet if you flick through them quickly and listen to the song, you'll basically be on it haha!

After IASW, we decided to head to Frontierland for my favourite ever ride...BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN! I was beyond excited, practically running for it! We got to the queue and...IT WAS BROKEN NOOOOOO! People were not being turned away from the growing queue so we figured we'd head to Phantom Manor and see what is happening when we get off that. So..off we went! I decided to look up the story before going and so it was nice to ride it with an idea of what the story is, otherwise I think it's kind of hard to understand unfortunately. Also, I took a really nice photo of the manor and the mountain in the same shot that I love and I'm thinking about getting it enlarged and framed.

Whilst queuing we saw that BTM was working again. We were hungry but decided that whilst we were in the land we would get on as soon as we got of PM. So after coming out and taking a quick look at the decoration, we headed for BTM. The queue said 50 minutes but we decided to do it anyway. We were so glad we did because we ended up in a constantly moving queue and only waited for about 15 minutes! We decided after BTM that we were super hungry, so we checked our meal plan that we had made (yep we made and brought a meal plan because we're HARDCORE TOURISTS) and saw that we were down for Hakuna Matata in Adventureland for lunch! So off we headed and let me tell you, if you have never eaten there, you are missing out. it was DELICIOUS. Probably my favourite counter service meal that I've ever had there. I got the spicy African chicken strips and the spicy fries and it was lovely!

After we got done with lunch and had a bit of a rest, we decided now would be the perfect time to explore Adventureland. We had a look around Agrabah and went through Aladdin's passageway and had an awesome photo of us fighting over the Genie's lamp!

We decided to have a break from the rides since we had not long eaten, so we started walking over to Adventure Isle so we could do some exploring. That was when we came across...CAPTAIN HOOK! Naturally we got in line straightaway! It was the first time I have seen a queue for a random meet and greet, usually people push and shove and it's a nightmare so I really hope that they keep on doing this. The cast member who was holding the queue was great. He came along telling us that Hook had some captain duties to attend to in 45 minutes and that we would have to do our piracy dealings with Mr Smee. We asked him if Peter Pan would be out at all and his genuine reply was "Oh I'm sorry, not today. The Second star to the right is a bit of a distance to travel, it can be a bit tiring". We loved it! It was so nice to have this sort of interaction when we were two young adults, rather than a standard "no sorry not today" so we decided to play along and replied "oh yes we understand. we're actually from the first star to the right. traffic was terrible getting here." he laughed so much =D we finally got to meet Hook and oh. my. god. he was so FLIRTY! he started stroking Molly's hair with his hook and then checked us both out. We asked him if we were able enough to join his crew and he said yes! So, i guess I'm a pirate now!

When we were done selling our souls to piracy, we carried on our exploration and went all up inside skull rock, making sure to make a wish with a penny at the top. We also explored all of the caves and decided to check out the bridges, something which I couldn't figure out how to get to before so that was cool to do that and see the park from another vantage point. We then decided it was time for another ride so we headed on over to Indiana Jones. Another 5 minute wait considering the parks were really busy and then we decided to head on back to Fantasyland. Pirates of the Caribbean was unfortunately closed during our entire stay =(

We got some other rides done such as Casey Junior (which is now one of my favourites!) and Peter Pan's Flight and also stopped off at Discoveryland again to go on Orbitron. By the time we were done, it was about half hour before the parade to start, so we made our way to Main Street and took a seat on the curb where we met another family from Manchester. Their children were adorable and we ended up playing with them and chatting to the parents. Back to the parade, I was really really excited about this, because I had yet to see it. And it didn't disappoint! I got to see Rapunzel and Snow White's prince bowed his head to me and I melted a little! I admit I got a bit teary and I absolutely love the song, I always listen to it! Unfortunately...my camera decided that it would run out of memory! Which I'm still puzzled about because I used the exact same memory card the year before and wasn't even near to filling it and I took a lot more photos! I also made sure that it was completely empty. At least I know now to buy a bigger one for March! We decided to head for dinner and since we had some nice places booked, we decided we would go cheap and cheerful and call into McDonalds in the Village. By the time we were done eating, we headed for the park again and took a little look around Main Street and then made our way up to Central Plaza at around 8pm. I always like to get a seat early because I'm really short and so it's easy for me not to be able to see. So we took a seat, about 4 rows from the front and just relaxed waiting for the show. It was so great to see it live again. I actually didn't cry until the end though (I always lose it at "think of all the joy you'll find, when you leave the world behind" and the bit "and when our journey is through, each time we say goodbye" ugh my heart is aching as i type it) but I heard Molly having a little cry during the I See The Light bit and I gave her a big hug =3 Really...words can't describe how wonderful Dreams is. 6 times live now and I just...gah, it leaves me speechless.

After Dreams was done, we decided to just head straight back to the hotel and to turn in. We had a long day ahead of us at the Studios after all!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

Nulles

I like your report.  The video makes the park look empty!  Were you there really early or is that the usual for EMH?

DisneyMichelle

I Am really enjoying your trip report.

Now tell me more about this little shop next to the Castle?? I am not sure i know what you mean. xxx
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

stormflm595

Quote from: Nulles on September 30, 2014, 05:26:56 AM
I like your report.  The video makes the park look empty!  Were you there really early or is that the usual for EMH?

I believe that must have been about half 8 when I recorded that. Where we were standing was quite quiet at the time and walking along Main Street was quiet but as soon as we got to the lands (particularly fantasyland) it was busier. When the park opened officially at 10am, it was heaving!

I'm not sure if that's usual, tbh I think its to do with when you in the year as well, if you went on an off peak time when most schools are in term, it'll stay like that. we went the first week if September so it was pretty busy still :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

stormflm595

Quote from: DisneyMichelle on September 30, 2014, 10:18:15 AM
I Am really enjoying your trip report.

Now tell me more about this little shop next to the Castle?? I am not sure i know what you mean. xxx

Hi DisneyMichelle!

The shop is called Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains. When you exit the castle and face fantasyland with the Carousel in front of you, it is the small dress shop that is on your left hand side. It always has princess dresses on sale outside. If you go inside, it is split into two parts, the first sells more dresses and accessories for children. Walk through to the next part and the Snow White cottage is inside there, with stuff you can buy inside as well. It's such a nice little touch, its worth going to have a quick look when you're walking by :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

ilovemainstxxx

loving your report , looks like you had a wonderful time..
i know what you mean about dreams , just reading what you wrote then , the lines out of second star to the right , you had me welling up then..haha..
we have been going since our daughter was 16 m and she is now 16 and at collage and or son is 10 and we have all always loved peter pan , so that bit in dreams always gets me and brings back all the wonderful memories we have of the place...
carnt wait for the next day... :D
btw , love your beauty and the beast t shirt , gorgeous..x

DisneyRon

Your camera probably filled up because of the video you shot no doubt. :)
The photos don't take much space as such, but most memory cards can't handle more than a few minutes of uncompressed video. ;) Unless you're using something like a 32GB card, which get rather expensive. :)

video really needs a lot of room, especially if you're filming in 720p or 1080p.

stormflm595

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on October 01, 2014, 05:52:44 PM
loving your report , looks like you had a wonderful time..
i know what you mean about dreams , just reading what you wrote then , the lines out of second star to the right , you had me welling up then..haha..
we have been going since our daughter was 16 m and she is now 16 and at collage and or son is 10 and we have all always loved peter pan , so that bit in dreams always gets me and brings back all the wonderful memories we have of the place...
carnt wait for the next day... :D
btw , love your beauty and the beast t shirt , gorgeous..x

oh gosh, i'm welling up just thinking about it. my disney blues are still incredibly strong but i'm going in march so i'm also incredibly excited!
and thank you, i brought it from hot topic when i was in america in march. i believe that you can buy it on site but as you have to pay around £45 postage and packing it is worth maybe ordering a few things with people and then having it delivered to one address and splitting the shipping cost?
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

stormflm595

Quote from: DisneyRon on October 01, 2014, 06:18:13 PM
Your camera probably filled up because of the video you shot no doubt. :)
The photos don't take much space as such, but most memory cards can't handle more than a few minutes of uncompressed video. ;) Unless you're using something like a 32GB card, which get rather expensive. :)

video really needs a lot of room, especially if you're filming in 720p or 1080p.

it's odd DisneyRon, last year I took around 300-400 photos and I filmed the entirety of Disney Dreams and still had plenty of memory. This year I made about 10 videos all around a minute long and took about 180 photos?! Molly also took her camera and took plenty of photos and made around 30 videos to make into a video diary of our trip. Maybe I was just unfortunate. I'll have a look a getting a bigger memory card but if it's unaffordable, I'll just be sure to take pictures only in march.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days

DisneyRon

Quote from: stormflm595 on October 01, 2014, 07:08:33 PM

it's odd DisneyRon, last year I took around 300-400 photos and I filmed the entirety of Disney Dreams and still had plenty of memory. This year I made about 10 videos all around a minute long and took about 180 photos?! Molly also took her camera and took plenty of photos and made around 30 videos to make into a video diary of our trip. Maybe I was just unfortunate. I'll have a look a getting a bigger memory card but if it's unaffordable, I'll just be sure to take pictures only in march.

hmm, that is a bit odd, though depending on how your camera was set up, it could have been recording at a higher resolution (better looking video, but oh boy does the file size go up fast), or perhaps multiple small videos take more space than a single longer one (I suspect it doesn't though). It is a bit of a puzzle though, I'll admit.
As for the cost of larger memory cards, it seems prices have gone down quite a bit.
Just looking at Class 10 SD-cards with high write speeds, it seems that 32GB chips are around the £15-20 mark, and 64GB ones are £20-25 or so.
That's actually quite reasonable, and a lot less then when I bought mine a year or so ago.

128GB ones are going for £70-120 or so, but I doubt you'll need to take 10,000 or so photos during a trip. ;)