Coach travel

Started by justlikewedreamedit-xo, September 07, 2014, 07:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to dlp in december and am a bit stuck when if comes to travelling. The package itself is very reasonable, so eurostar or flights will be almost as expensive as our hotel and park ticket deal! however, we found some.cheap coach deals.

Has anyone ever travelled from the uk to dlp on a coach? is it massively uncomfortable or is it a good way to keep the cost down? is coach travel in december risky due to unreliable weather? I just want something hassle free and reasonably priced cos in reality my boyfriend wouldn't be going on this trip if it wasn't for me! (plus it means more money for merch haha

Any input would be much appreciated, thank you :')

littlebitofpixiedust

Never been by coach (sorry not helpful!) but have you rang Eurostar directly? Cheapest way to get Eurostar. When included in a package deal it's very expensive.

stecal

Hi i did it back in 1997 and to be honest it was a really long day but then we had to travel from dorset and had to pick up in london which took ages because of traffic then in brighton along to dover, in all i think it was 17 hours travelling but that did include a 1/2 hour stop in brighton and the ferry crossing, it was boring but the coach did play dvd's which helped a little, i am tempted to do it again next year because of cost but this time i will have 3 kids in tow so probably better for me to pay extra for eurostar, if i was going with just another adult and it cost way less than eurostar or flying i would probably do it again hth

princessmya

hi
I have traveled by coach twice and due to go again in november. i have always traveled with children and its not been a problem, i will be honest its a long day but i would highly recommend it. You have many toilet/food stops throughout the journey and its a nice way to sit back and enjoy the start to whats going to be a very hectic holiday. we have traveled through the tunnel and went across on the ferry and to be honest you arrive at the park more or less the same time either way.
Also when arriving at the park you don't need to Que to check in the driver will hope out run in collect your room info and keys also your park tickets and will bring them back to you on the coach so less for you to do on your arrival.
have a nice time whatever way you decide to travel

ewormas

Hi

I've travelled by coach loads of times with my kids. It is a long trip and is quite boring however on the way there you have the trip to look forward to and on the way back we tend to doze off,so all in all not too bad. 

I will admit getting Eurostar is a much better journey and we now go that way as my youngest son gets horrendously travel sick on coaches,but if I wanted to go and Eurostar wasn't an option due to cost I'd still go by coach.
Its always worth checking Eurostar.com though as it can be really cheap even close to departure.

We've been in December quite a few times,weather has varied a lot. We've had a lovely winters day,snow and even thunder and lightning! But weve never had any problems with the coach travel.

Hope you have a great trip  :D

gemma2806

I personally think it will depend from where in the UK you are. If you are down south then it wouldn't be too bad as the coach travel wouldn't last too long this end but I wouldn't fancy doing it from further afield.

I'm from the West Midlands and as I don't drive the options for me are train down to London to catch the Eurostar, coach travel or flying. The price and hassle for trains down to London is ridiculous! Coach travel for me is just too much of a hassle and wasted time in the parks. I fly and get some very reasonable deals. I no longer book the flight as part of the overall package as the price is inflated. If you go direct to the airline websites you get good deals, for example for myself, partner and son it costs £150 each way to travel from Birmingham Airport to Charles de Gaulle. If there is just the two of you it would obviously be cheaper still  :D

girlinleeds

i went all the way from yorkshire to disneyland via coach about 15 years ago with my mum and my siblings (youngest was probably 4 at the time) and i said then never again. it was a ridiculously long time on the coach, because we did pick ups on route think is was about 9hours+ just to dover . if i lived down south i would probably consider it especially if it was just me and dh

loulou169

Hi justlikewedreamedit-xo, just outta curiosity, did you book the hotel separately & ate now looking at coaches? If so what companies travel there? I'm only in East London so it would be interesting to see how long it takes, where it starts from and price! I'm booking my holiday through The Walt Disney Company and will book travel separately as I think you get a better deal.
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

stecal

hi when i priced it up because eurostar is coming out too expensive i used eurolines and the price is about half what im being quoted for eurostar so i might end up using them myself in feb, it leaves from victoria coach station and goes to all the disney hotels at disneyland paris
http://www.eurolines.co.uk/news/2013/june/disneyland-paris

Belloboy7

I've never personally travelled there by coach but I've looked at the deals and it seems you get less time in the parks or is that me being dumb..???  I just think the eurostar is far easier although I understand it can be pricey at times...

Sonyak3

Have u tried to get flights to beauvais airport??i am goin in November and flyin into beauvais with shared private transfers booked for our travel to disney.by choosing beauvais with shuttles and all included I'm saving about €200 as oppose to flyin n2 Charles de gaulle and getting the vea bus to disney..worth looking into if it's possible from wherever u wud fly from..

Zee79

We used to travel to Spain by coach so DLP was not a problem. Our coach used to pick us up about 6am from the north east and we were there by 8pm on the night. my husband is 6ft 3 and he managed on the coach. It is a lot cheaper than Eurostar. I don't think it is too bad because this included stop offs and ferry crossing. the only issue I had was that was one of the nights used up, you couldn't really go into the park because you were hungry and tired. We now self drive- have you thought of doing this? We set off the day before and make it a road trip, we stay in a hotel close to Folkestone and then get the early train across. We usually in disneypark itself enjoying ourselves by about 11am.

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Thank you everyone for your replies  :)

The coach deal we were looking at was an overnight one so we would have arrived at dlp by around 8ish which I was very keen on doing. However, my boyfriend is rather tall (6ft something or other) so I was quite worried about leg room really. I know Zee79's husband copes with it but I just want John to be as comfortable as possible <3 we did look at the self driving option but my mother wasn't overly thrilled at that haha, plus when we priced it it ended up being about £20 more for eurostar so we decided that would be less hassle! My Dad always drives when we go as a family and I do LOVE arriving at 8am and feeling like you get the most out of your first day so that will definitely be one to consider when we are a bit older   :D

Sonyak3 - thank you for the tip re: beauvais airport. That may be one to consider in the future. Loulou169 - did you check out the link stecal posted? I am pretty sure it is the same site John and I were looking at.

Although we haven't gone for coach travel I definitely haven't been put off! My Dad claims that we are never going back (pretty sure he has said that every year we have gone and he has taken us 9 times so  ;) ) but IF we didn't go back as a family I would totally consider coach travel for me and the siblings!

Thank you so much for your input guys. We are hopefully going to book the hotel tonight  :D xx