London Auditions - September 2014

Started by beckywhite, September 04, 2014, 05:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beckywhite

Hi, is anyone going to the London auditions next week?

I'm hoping to go on the Monday 8th so long as I don't get called into work.

However, I've never auditioned before and don't know of anyone going so I'm suuuuuper nervous!!

JAKKO

Hi there!

Yep, i'm sure you are nervous just like everyone else lol. Well I went to the London ones back in July and it was pretty crowded so make sure to get there well before 10AM just in case there's a big turn out and you can't get in etc.

The audition itself is pretty cool and relaxed but unfortunately competitive. But like lots of others say, go in with a nice big smile and when you come to the first part of the audition which is the animation round, make all your moves big and express your face. If you don't already know this then just be aware that the music piece you have to do the animation routine to is very fast. Unfortunately I did not practice with the music before i went last time so was caught out when i discovered how fast you actually had to do it. So of course I screwed it up when it came my turn so that was probably half the reason why I didn't get through to the next stage haha.

Email me for any more questions :)

I'm also going to the London auditions next week but I will be going on the Tuesday x

Mialala

Hi I am attending the London auditions this year and wondered if you would expand on the animation round please. Is it a group solo event and what music was it, what moves are they expecting.

Thanks

Mia

JAKKO

Hi there! Nice to hear you're going to the auditions next week as I am also going! However this will be my fourth time :/

Right, so basically the animation round is a group thing and you perform in tens. The music you will do it to is called "Party Gras" so if you look that up on YouTube you should see it. Practice to that like I did so that you'll find it a lot more easier when the time comes. To counts of 8, you will have to walk forward doing moves as a cowboy. You will then have to walk in a circle doing moves as a pirate. Then pick one of the seven dwarfs and act him out on the spot. After that you will then walk 8 counts to the left and strike a villain pose, then walk 8 counts to the right and strike another (or same) villain pose. You then curtsy as a princess and then end it by running off the left of the room, waving and jumping around as a cast member. After you have run off to the side, walk casually back to center of the room and await the casting director's decision. If he calls your number out, turn around, grab your bag and leave. If he doesn't call out your number, move to the left-hand side of the room and join the other successful people where you will wait to start the second part of the audition. The dance round.

Hopefully that gives you a more in-depth look at the animation process. The only tips I can give you is to smile at the appropriate times and when you are performing, make all your moves as big and different as possible because they will be looking at you for your enthusiasm, energy levels, and how good your animation is.

So if you sadly fail then try not to let it get you down too much as there are quite a few auditions per year so there are plenty of chances. I have been three times (next week will be my fourth) and I have never even been let through the animation round yet. I've been cut straight away every time. And it confused me a lot at first because I practiced and practiced and when it came to performing in front of the casting director I performed to the best of my ability but still failed to get through to the next stage. So please bear in mind that sometimes no matter how good or bad you are, you just WILL NOT get through as it could turn out that you are just not what they are looking for at the moment and that could be for various different reasons such as your height or availability.

If you have any other questions then feel free to message me :)
Good luck!