Photo pass plus

Started by leese100, September 02, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

I really like that you can get ride photos with it though - I never buy pics from BTM etc, as it's just too much for a sinlge pic, but being able to add them to the pass, and purchase at home is fab!

Esti

Quote from: polar vixen on October 18, 2014, 10:39:49 PM
I really like that you can get ride photos with it though - I never buy pics from BTM etc, as it's just too much for a sinlge pic, but being able to add them to the pass, and purchase at home is fab!

That's what made me consider it. I still it's too expensive though. If the priced included printing the pictures, I might get it; if not, I think I'll pass.

polar vixen

If you're in the UK, and hace booked with DLP direct, it's only £33, that's only a couple of euros more than 2 ride photos. I suppose it depends how many characters you can catch - when we saw spidey last spring, the photographer took about 7 photos. all of which came out much better than mine, couldn't buy them all of course though, nice to know I'll have the freedom, and won't have to take printing costs out of my holiday money!

julesk

We are aiming to do as many charactor meet and greets as possible so it would save us money in the long run. I am just having problems buying it at the moment.  ???

DisneyManiac

Did PhotoPass+ on SM M2, quite good.
There is a lock watermark when picture is obtained, you need to be on one of the Disney hotel's WiFi networks to remove it.

julesk

Just pre-ordered our Photopass Plus for £33.00, the lovely Disney lady seemed well clued up on it. So excited  :)

Aurora1

I used photopass+ on our last trip,two weeks ago. It didn`t work reall ywell. The card wouldn`t let the photographer scan the pics. So I went to ask what was wrong (I did get a "normal" photopass from him). Finally after a lot of phonecalls from the lovley CM at the princess Pavillon, I was told, after we found out one of the little card worked, to use them and check everytime I had pictures made. So I decided to use the old photopass and have them transfer the pics on my card. It was pretty stressful. Not everey CM knows how to work with that.
And since there is no wifi in the park, I had to wait till we were back at the hotel to be able to check, if it all worked.

julesk

That dosent sound to good Aurora1. How did you get the pictures transfered to your photo pass from the original card option? Does sound like the best way to guarantee you dont loose pictures. I only purchased it as it works out so expensive to buy them when you have so many pictures to choose from. I would rather just save them when home.

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Hi,

Does anyone know where to purchase photopass+ from once in the parks? I am eager to try it out so would like to purchase it on the first day of my trip so I can get as much use as possible out of it.

Thanks!

Justlikewedreamedit-xo

DisneyManiac

Back from our trip! PhotoPass+ was great got a lot of ride photos! And ones from Meet 'n' Greets like Spiderman and Meet Mickey Mouse. There was one issue, one photo was my last go on the Tower of Terror, I went on it 4 times during my trip! I went on Ratatouille: The Adventure 4 times as well! The lady at the desk zoomed in on me and my Uncle so it was just us, I watched it happen she scanned the card and it was on. When I connected to hotel wifi I noticed that picture was not how it was, the picture went down left a bit, I went to a shop in the Sequoia Lodge and showed the shop assistant, she sent a man over and me and him went to a computer with a monitor. He scanned the card I had and the picture was there and I pointed out where I was on the top right of the picture. He edited it and scanned the card. He completely cleared the screen and scanned the card and the picture he edited came up with the picture focused on me and my Uncle, but when I checked for the last few times on the hotel's wifi, the picture was how it was before the man fixed it. Even when I check now it's still the same. It is the only flaw during our trip to do with PhotoPass+. All the other photos turned out great! Fun times!

DisneyManiac

Quote from: justlikewedreamedit-xo on October 24, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know where to purchase photopass+ from once in the parks? I am eager to try it out so would like to purchase it on the first day of my trip so I can get as much use as possible out of it.

Thanks!

Justlikewedreamedit-xo

PhotoPass+ is actually for sale in many shops including the Hotel Shops! They are for sale in shops down Main Street USA such as Flora's Unique Boutique.

justlikewedreamedit-xo

Quote from: DisneyManiac on October 24, 2014, 06:15:43 PM

PhotoPass+ is actually for sale in many shops including the Hotel Shops! They are for sale in shops down Main Street USA such as Flora's Unique Boutique.

Thanks for the information DisneyManiac! Do you know if there is a limit on how many photos it stores? I hope you had a wonderful trip!

julesk

Stupid question. We pre booked our photo pass ready for trip. Is there a website I can pre register with before getting there as worried I wont be able to access them once we arrive? Can I get wifi in DLH room? Thanks

DisneyManiac

Quote from: julesk on October 24, 2014, 07:34:49 PM
Stupid question. We pre booked our photo pass ready for trip. Is there a website I can pre register with before getting there as worried I wont be able to access them once we arrive? Can I get wifi in DLH room? Thanks

Yes there is a website, there is also and app for iOS and Android called Disney PhotoPass, you need to create an account and link it with your Card ID when you get the kit. There is WiFi in the Disneyland Hotel Rooms as far as I know.

Quote from: justlikewedreamedit-xo on October 24, 2014, 06:31:25 PM
Quote from: DisneyManiac on October 24, 2014, 06:15:43 PM

Thanks for the information DisneyManiac! Do you know if there is a limit on how many photos it stores? I hope you had a wonderful trip!

Thank you justlikewedreamedit! As far as I know there isn't a limit, we got about just over 40 photos on ours which is made up of 2 Meet 'n' Greets and Attraction Photos.

julesk

Thanks DisneyManiac thats a great help. I have registered now  :D

When you go on rides with photos, where do you scan your Photo Pass, is it before or after the ride? Sorry last question I promise  :-[