"Annette's Diner" vs "Planet Hollywood"

Started by itslizi, August 28, 2014, 04:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslizi

The subject of this topic says it all.

As they both serve similar range of food, I ask Annette's Diner or Planet Hollywood!? Why?!

I've only been lucky enough to experience Planet Hollywood, but I will be visiting Annette's for the first time in a couple of weeks. I quite enjoyed Planet Hollywood, the food was great, as I found a full loaded burger that didn't involve bacon. I hope that Annette's can live up to my expectations.

DisneyRon

well, one important thing in favour of Annette's is that they're covered by meal plans, unlike Planet Hollywood. ;D

I haven't visited either though, so I can't comment on the food or the quality of the experience. ;)

This is only my 2nd visit as an adult, and I'm still working my way through the Table Service restaurants in the park with the occasional buffet restaurant. :) Haven't visited many of the Counter Service yet as a result (I've eaten at Cowboy Cookout Barbeque, but that's it really).

itslizi

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 28, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
well, one important thing in favour of Annette's is that they're covered by meal plans, unlike Planet Hollywood. ;D
Funny that, that's why I ask. I've never been limited to the Disney restaurants before, although I will be on my upcoming trip as I've got a meal plan for the first time.

I just like to know the differences and similarities of each, as I was a fan of Planet Hollywood.

DisneyMichelle

Hello

I have eaten in both and my top choice would be Annette's! I LOVE their burgers in there, they serve up massive portions too.

As much as i enjoy the food in Planet Hollywood, i always feel a bit cramped in there. There are so many tables and its always very hectic.

Annette's has a more chilled feel to it. :)
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

stormflm595

I've only eaten at Planet Hollywood and really enjoyed it! fast and friendly service, great food, good menu selection, nice atmosphere and aesthetics.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

RockNRoller

If youre after burgers it has to be Annette's, their burgers are so much better than Planet Hollywood's. However PH has the edge when it comes to non fried stuff, bit more variety on the menu.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

itslizi

Quote from: DisneyMichelle on August 28, 2014, 05:50:30 PM
Hello

I have eaten in both and my top choice would be Annette's! I LOVE their burgers in there, they serve up massive portions too.

As much as i enjoy the food in Planet Hollywood, i always feel a bit cramped in there. There are so many tables and its always very hectic.

Annette's has a more chilled feel to it. :)

I don't know why I never tried Annette's before as I do like the theme and feel of the place. I've came across food photos and their portions look large, and I was full after the portions I got at Planet Hollywood, although I do admit it did feel a little cramped in there.

Quote from: stormflm595 on August 30, 2014, 10:58:19 AM
I've only eaten at Planet Hollywood and really enjoyed it! fast and friendly service, great food, good menu selection, nice atmosphere and aesthetics.

Same, I can't fault it. I just have a Half Board Meal Plan and obviously Planet Hollywood isn't a Disney restaurant, which may be a good thing as it actually means I am forced to try something new.

Quote from: RockNRoller on August 30, 2014, 07:15:59 PM
If youre after burgers it has to be Annette's, their burgers are so much better than Planet Hollywood's. However PH has the edge when it comes to non fried stuff, bit more variety on the menu.

I have high hopes for Annette's! When in Planet Hollywood it was only the burgers that stood out to me, but that may have been as I am a picky eater and I like to stick with what I like. I can't wait to try Annette's.

polar vixen

We've only eaten in Annettes, tbh I was a bit disappointed.  Part of our party needed gluten fere, so they got the burgers without buns, wow did that look miserable for the kids, a plain burger with no extras or toppings on a plate with fries.  Our waitress was miserable, and we were seated in a corner so were out the way of everything.  After reading reports we were looking forward to the waiters dancing on the counter, etc.  Probably just one bad experience, but we left feeling unsatisfied.

PrincessA

I've been to both, and the first time I went to Annette's, I thought it was much cooler than P.H, but that's mostly because of the waiters on roller-skates! The second time it was a bit too crowded for that, so it wasn't quite as exciting, so I guess P.H and Annette's are about even for me. But the mocktails in P.H were super yummy!

giselle

itslizi

Quote from: giselle on September 17, 2014, 07:52:26 PM
Annette's every time x

I've got to agree with you. I visited around a week and a half ago and we went to Annette's the first day and returned the next day and the next. It was bloody lovely food, great service so I rate it very high.

~sarahjayne~

Annette's, we were there a couple of weeks ago and food was great

moonloo

Have tried both and would go for Annettes every time over PH, the vegetarian options are amongst the best available at DLRP! The kids love the menus that fold into cars. We have never been lucky enough to see waitresses on rollerskates or dancing on counters but the food is sooooo good I dont mind!

itslizi

Quote from: moonloo on September 18, 2014, 12:19:04 PM
Have tried both and would go for Annettes every time over PH, the vegetarian options are amongst the best available at DLRP! The kids love the menus that fold into cars. We have never been lucky enough to see waitresses on rollerskates or dancing on counters but the food is sooooo good I dont mind!

There were a couple waiters on rollerskates on each time we went in, it's gotta be my new favourite place. I adore the burgers, and the deluxe shakes make up of Strawberry and Oreo is to die for.

SGregory27

Have eaten in Annette, went to go in last year and meet a family coming out complain about hr wait for food, food cold not luke warm.
but we try and eat in PH at least once a trip, I love it, and it's the only place where the kids eat all their food..

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL