If you had to choose between inventions or Cafe Mickey?

Started by ~sarahjayne~, August 26, 2014, 01:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~sarahjayne~

For character experience and for food which would you prefer?

tubbsy

Inventions-Especially if you can get there before the 6:00pm opening. You have a chance of getting a view of down towards the station and the castle and seeing everyone walking to and from the park. It doesnt seem as crowded and we have had more unusual characters in Inventions
Love the food there too and my son can demolish the prawns!
Having said that, we have enjoyed both experiences every time we have been.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

Not looking at the budget, definitely Inventions. The buffet is excellent, and the interaction with the characters is wonderful. It also feels more relaxed and quieter than Cafe Mickey...

gemma2806

I would love to do Inventions.

Cafe Mickey is a lovely place but by no means a quiet and intimate meal with characters! Having said that though it must hold some charm for us as we always go back here every visit even if it is sometimes only for the breakfast.

If you want the best of both worlds go to Cafe Mickey for breakfast when it is quieter and then do Inventions for dinner! :D

tubbsy

And if you can get the first sitting for breakfast, then do it. The later the sitting, the more of a scrum.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

pialykke

In two minds about doing Inventions...We love meeting "special" characters, and were a little disappointed with Café Mickey dinner when we went in March... (Dinner: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Tigger and Pluto - we actually had more characters at breakfast, but still just "the usual lot": Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Gepetto & Pinocchio.)

So, the question is - which characters have been at the Inventions dinner lately? (Bearing in mind, we are going in the middle of November, and I know nothing is for certain...)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

minnieme

We did Inventions dinner last week and we were so glad we did.

We saw Mickey,Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Gepetto and Pinocchio, Perla, Tigger, Pluto. To be honest, we had already met and had photos with most of them in the hotel and parks.

The buffet was amazing though!!!

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

michellemumof2xx

See im also unsure about this....we went to inventions in Feb and saw gepetto, tigger, rabbit from alice in wonderland (cant think of his name) mickey and I honestly dont remember anyone else!! We had half board premium so it didnt cost anything for us to eat there. The food was amazing, especially the desserts!! We went to cafe mickey a few days later and sae mickey, goofy, tigger, eeyore and cant remember anyone else. The service was slow, very slow, we were in there for 3 hours for 3 courses!! We also were lucky enough to see "decent of the stairs"-gipetto, mickey , minnie, tigger, penguin from mary poppins and wendy. We had also met wendy, captain hook, smee and peter pan in the park, along with jack sparrow, alice,  mad hatter, queen of hearts, tweedle dee and dum, so for me, the characters we saw in the restaurants, we seemed to meet again and again. We also met mickey and goofy everyday in the hotel, so I honestly was disappointed with the character meal as it seemed to be the same ones used, there was no one different!! Id recommend inventions for the food tho :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Aurora1

Thank you for saying that. I had  the same expierience regarding the variety of characters! I felt, we always saw the same ones during our visit!
As for Invention os Cafe Mickey, I think it depends what <ou want, table service or buffet. And of the money you can spend. We went to both and had good food at both places.

michellemumof2xx

I think no matter what price range the charcter meal is, they should have a good range/mix of characters, they all seemed to be the same! So it didnt matter if as a family of 4, we paid around €110 for mickey, or close to € 200 inventions (pre paid with vouchers) we saw the same characters!! ! Maybe now they are removimg characters from hotels, they may have a big shake up?? This time, we will try auberge de cendrillon, and do inventions again, and cafe mickey. I think if you want pasta, pizza etc them cafe mickey definatley, but I dont think you can fault the selection at inventions, it was amazing. If you budget will allow it, go there :)
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

~sarahjayne~

We came back yesterday and we ate at both Inventions and cafe Mickey and Inventions was a much better experience, both us and our girls enjoyed It much more.

Cafe Mickey, we were stood outside half hour after our booked time still waiting for a table. Not much fun for little ones after all day in the parks. Once inside, we didn't get any drinks for over half hour, even longer for the food. Some of the characters were missing out tables.

Inventions, was calmer and the food was really nice, good service, and lots of characters x