Is the Cash Machine in the Disney Village free?

Started by itslizi, August 13, 2014, 04:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslizi

I was wondering if you can get free cash withdrawals in the cash machine in the Disney Village?

Sulley's Arms

Yes, it was certainly free last time I used it (if you mean near McD?)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

itslizi

Quote from: Sully's Arms on August 13, 2014, 11:25:47 PM
Yes, it was certainly free last time I used it (if you mean near McD?)

I am not quite sure on its exact location, I just knew there was a cash machine in the Disney Village, if the one by McDonalds is free and another isn't I know where I'll be going.

I usually get all my money exchanged before I travel but this year we have a account that doesn't charge for usage aboard.

gothprincess

They might not charge for usage abroad but they may give you rubbish exchange rates via a cash machiene I'd check first.

itslizi

Quote from: gothprincess on August 15, 2014, 08:54:05 AM
They might not charge for usage abroad but they may give you rubbish exchange rates via a cash machiene I'd check first.

That's a good thought, I'll look into it.

DisneyRon

To be fair, the exchange rate is going to be fairly rubbish regardless, however, doesn't DLP have a system where you can just charge "smaller" purchases (up to €150 I believe) directly to your hotel bill? ;)
Found it, your Hotel EasyPass should let you do just that.
That way you pay for it at the end using your creditcard, and you're only charged the exchange rate of your own bank, which will generally be better than the average cash-terminal, though probably still worse than just getting Euros at your bank before you leave. :)

gemma2806

I used the cash machines in November, the ones over from the Steakhouse and I did get charged about €2 for withdrawing money. This was using a Thomas Cook euro debit card.

LotsoHugginBear

As far as I know it depends which credit /bank card and which cash machine you use. Some combinations will cause costs... Better ask your bank and get the details.