Half board plus and buffets?

Started by gothprincess, August 08, 2014, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gothprincess

I have heared that you can spend the half board plus vouchers at face value would this mean that I can use mine and my husband's and keep my daughter's at a buffet resteraunt? Then would I use the kids' voucher at a counter service or at a bakery? Or can I insist on extra drinks to the value of the vouchers?

msRavenswood

If I'm not mistaken you can't use vouchers at bakeries or to pay for drinks.

gemma2806

As far as I'm aware the HB vouchers are only available to use in Table Service and Buffet Restaurants.

You can only use Full Board vouchers in the counter service restaurants and you can't use the vouchers at all to pay for snacks and drinks.

In WDW you get credits where you can use these on pretty much whatever you want but that option isn't available in DLP.  :D

DisneyRon

Quote from: gemma2806 on August 08, 2014, 04:05:37 PM
As far as I'm aware the HB vouchers are only available to use in Table Service and Buffet Restaurants.

You can only use Full Board vouchers in the counter service restaurants and you can't use the vouchers at all to pay for snacks and drinks.

In WDW you get credits where you can use these on pretty much whatever you want but that option isn't available in DLP.  :D

While correct, you actually get separate credits for snacks and such, your meal credits aren't useable for those either in WDW according to their meal-plan folders. :o

gothprincess

Ok maybe not in bakeries but what about burger joints? Isn't the cowboy cookout included. When I mentioned drinks I meant extra drinks in the resteraunts to top the bill up to the value of the vouchers.

msRavenswood

You can use the vouchers for their face value in all Disney operated reataurants at DLP, excluding Mc Donald's, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, King Ludwig's and Starbucks.

You can't use the vouchers to get extra drinks with your meal. What you get is an unlimited buffet or set menu plus 1 drink. If you eat at a more expensive restaurant than your plan allows, you can use the vouchers for their face value against the final bill.  :D

amanda08

If you daughter is not under 3 you will not be able to go into the buffet restaurants without paying or presenting a voucher for her i'm afraid, as obviously it would be too easy for children to eat for free this way. You can do table service without ordering anything for her and could give her food off your plate if you wanted to.

We have used half board vouchers before in some of the CS places ok but only for "menu's" not just for drinks

gothprincess

Thanks msRavenswood that's really useful.

Amanda I mean to pay for my daughter however the face value of two adult half board plus vouchers more than covers two adult meals, a child's meal and drinks in some buffets and I would be happy to pay the extra if it didn't I just don't like the idea of wasting vouchers that she could spend on the snacks she will probably eat more of than the meals.