Tea and coffee facilities in the rooms?

Started by xdisney, August 05, 2014, 08:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdisney

Hi! I was just wondering if the hotels provide tea and coffee facilities or if you can hire one and if so how much is it and is it refundable once returned? Thanks :)

gemma2806

Some rooms provide tea and coffee facilities as standard such as the Golden Forest Club in the Sequoia Lodge.

Other rooms don't but you can pay for them. When I stayed in a Montana Room in the Sequoia I was able to request a kettle for our length of stay for no extra charge and paid for a tea and coffee basket however these weren't cheap at about €7 and there was very little in them!

If you aren't in a room where these are there as standard I would request a free kettle, if necessary pay for one tea and coffee basket and then just take the tea bags/ coffee sachets, milk and sugar etc from breakfast. I did this for a 12 night stay once and there was no problem with me doing it  ;)

hannabdav

For holidays I've  got a travel kettle to take with me and then intake coffee, tea and sugar and then *ahem* fill my handbag with uht milk portions in the local supermarket cafe *ahem* !!!  :o :-X :-[ ;D
We have a room with a terrace at DLH! Kettle is essential as when DD (aged 2) is in bed, I intend on having an Irish coffee on the terrace !!!! So I will have a bottle of amaretto in my bag too!!!xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

pialykke

At the Santa Fe we always get a kettle from reception. The first time we had to pay a €30 deposit, which was returned to us when we checked out and handed the kettle back. We knew about this option, so had brought instant coffee from home. When we went in March, I don't think we payed a deposit for the kettle, she just got us to sign for it...
When we then got into the room, it turned out, my mum - who was in an adjoining room - had a kettle in her room, that someone had forgotten to take back... Still, it's no problem getting one.
The problem we found was milk... Buying a small childrens milk from the restaurants for instance is really expensive... So if you can find milk portions somewhere - help yourself... ;)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

xdisney