10 ride upgrades for DLP - 2 for WDS

Started by *TIMMIE*, July 29, 2014, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*TIMMIE*

According to @InsideDLParis (Twitter) there will be upgrades to existing rides in the next 3 years. Apparantly Disneyland Park will get 10 upgrades and Walt Disney Studios will get 2 upgrades to its rides. It makes the existing rumors even stronger. They won't say anything about which rides will get upgrades, but I gues it could mean the following:

DLP:
- Star Tours 2.0 3D - seems certain
- BTM with new effects (after the accident a while ago with the "falling" rocks) and longer trains. Could be like Disneyland Anaheim effects.
- Space Mountain with new trains and an upgrade of the theming to a mixture of mission 1 and 2. Back to mission 1 atmosphere. - Seems pretty legit according to rumors.

- Phantom Manor new effects like the Hauntes Mansion counterparts. - Were rumors a while ago. Seems probable
- Jack Sparrow joining Pirates of the Caribbean - Were rumors before, but a strong one and I think pretty certain.
- An 2.0 overlay like Alice in Disneyland Anaheim of the 3 dark rides in Fantasyland - Could be. Just a wild guess.
- Indiana Jones thee long lost animatronics and extra effects like the Tokyo version. - Could be. Just a wild guess.
- It's a small world upgrade with Disney characters. - Could be. Just like f.e. Hong Kong. Just a wild guess.

Walt Disney Studios:
- Moteurs a Avengers overlay or Aladdin a Pixar overlay to make it Pixarland - Could be. Probable.
- Rock and Rollercoaster a Spider-Man overlay along with a NYC set. Probable.

msRavenswood

They all sound so promising! Let's see which ones will actually turn into reality!

DisneyRon

These all sound rather nice, let's hope these prove to be accurate.

DisneyMichelle

Quote from: *TIMMIE* on July 29, 2014, 02:45:25 PM

- BTM with new effects (after the accident a while ago with the "falling" rocks) and longer trains. Could be like Disneyland Anaheim effects.
-

What accident? iv not heard of this.
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

*TIMMIE*

The accident where a prop Rock in the scene with "the falling rocks/explosion" actually fell on a train. It was a while ago. Ever since the scene was not complete.

Disneyland Anaheim recently re-opened their BTM with a new mapping explosion effect. Which is really cool. It would be perfect to replace the scene.Along with an interactive queue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V560MYU7AJc

DisneyMichelle

OMG  :o that looks so cool! that would be an amazing addition to the DLP BTM!

Fingers Crossed
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

dazzle_v2003

I think the Disneyland Park ride upgrades are I would imagine spot on. We know next year BTM has a big refurbishment planned same with Space Mountain.
When Jack sparrow was planned for the last anniversary and it didn't take place. I am sure I read somewhere the animatronic was in Paris ready to go but DLP stalled the planned refurbishment.

Also for WDS I imagine the show replacing Animagique will open in the anniversary year too.

I am excited for the confirmed list.

*TIMMIE*

Why would they have an animatronic, but do not install it? That makes no sense at all.

PrincessA

These sound like really cool upgrades!

Especially the fire on BTM!!  ;D

I'm not so certain about the idea that there would be a "Pixarland" in the Studios. I don't think the DLP want us to see the parks in terms of Disney and Pixar being separate things and having a Pixarland would emphasize the difference.
Plus what 5 year old is going to want to go to a land named Pixar? But, then again, the Studios still have stupid names like Backlot Courtyard..

Andybear

Quote from: PrincessA on August 15, 2014, 12:17:15 AM
These sound like really cool upgrades!

Especially the fire on BTM!!  ;D

I'm not so certain about the idea that there would be a "Pixarland" in the Studios. I don't think the DLP want us to see the parks in terms of Disney and Pixar being separate things and having a Pixarland would emphasize the difference.
Plus what 5 year old is going to want to go to a land named Pixar? But, then again, the Studios still have stupid names like Backlot Courtyard..

Why do you think the Studios area names are stupid?  They're named after the different sections of a film stuio so I think they're fine..

PrincessA

[/quote]

Why do you think the Studios area names are stupid?  They're named after the different sections of a film stuio so I think they're fine..
[/quote]

I understand that they're named after sections of a film studio; but in my opinion, those names are not very exciting. Adventureland, for example, isn't a very creative name but its sounds sufficiently exciting.