Disney Did You Know? - A Great Way to Pass the Time!

Started by DisneyManiac, July 08, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Thank you for the reply Sulley's Arms! I was getting agitated. So that's why we never noticed it, it's for Cast Members Only. Well that's a very interesting fact or DYK, thanks for sharing!

How did you know? Do you know a friend that is a Cast Member who ate there?

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: DisneyManiac on August 21, 2014, 12:31:06 PM
Thank you for the reply Sulley's Arms! I was getting agitated. So that's why we never noticed it, it's for Cast Members Only. Well that's a very interesting fact or DYK, thanks for sharing!

How did you know? Do you know a friend that is a Cast Member who ate there?

Sorry about the anguish I may have caused!

This wasn't intentional, merely that I forgot I'd posted and didn't realise there had been any response to it!

I know somebody that was once seconded to DLP, so saw a number of backstage secrets...  ;)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DisneyManiac

Disney Did You Know? #20

The Tower of Terror or The Hollywood Tower Hotel is located off a side street from Hollywood Boulevard that has it's own name!

It's called Vine Street.

Magic M

Disney Did You Know? #21

In the "repair shop" scene of the Star Tour queue line, if you look over the guard rail there is a large pile of broken machine parts.  One of the larger pieces is the top section from an Imperial Speeder Bike as seen on Endor!

----

Disney Did You Know? #22

Littered all throughout the Tower of Terror are references to classic Twilight Zone episodes.

In a glass case you will spot a Golden Thimble with a sign saying "Looking for a gift for Mother?" this is a reference to "The After Hours" an episode where a woman goes for Floor 9 of a department store with only 8 floors!  When she takes the elevator, the arrow points past the last number - just like the service elevators you ride!

---

Disney Did You Know? #23

Sir Mickey's gift shop is based on the short cartoon "Mickey and the Beanstalk" - hence the beanstalk growing outside the shop and throughout the interior.  If you look up to the rafters you will see the eyes of massive giant peering in!

Sulley's Arms

Disney Did You Know #24

Did you know that on POTC at DLP, the room with the skeleton hanging on the chandelier (through the entrance route) is directly above the scene near the end of the ride with the 'drinking' pirate(s)?  If you look carefully enough you can see each from above / below...
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

pialykke

Quote from: Magic M on August 28, 2014, 06:22:21 PM

Disney Did You Know? #23

Sir Mickey's gift shop is based on the short cartoon "Mickey and the Beanstalk" - hence the beanstalk growing outside the shop and throughout the interior.  If you look up to the rafters you will see the eyes of massive giant peering in!

Eeeeek!!!
I'm gonna have to go in there when we go in November!!!! I LOVE Mickey and the Beanstalk... I've never gone into the shop before, but definitely going in next time!!! :) :) :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Dgrey

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 08, 2014, 09:14:34 PM
What a cool idea!

So, here's mine:

Disney Did You Know? #2

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" took almost three years to finish due to the slowness of stop-motion, with the crew averaging 60-70 seconds of footage a week. Hundreds of hand-sculpted heads had to be made for Jack and 10 replaceable faces were created for Sally.

wow my investment in a Hoodie was justified then:D

DisneyGagaChick

Disney Did You Know #25-

Did you know that Tom Hanks is Walt Disney's distant cousin?

(not sure if this has been posted sorry!)

daddyof2

Disney Did you know #26

Pixar deleted the nearly complete Toy Story 2 by accident whilst in production. It was an accident and luckily a copy was saved on a computer not connected to their network. apparently it was only about 10GB in file size