Disney Did You Know? - A Great Way to Pass the Time!

Started by DisneyManiac, July 08, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora1

Quote from: msRavenswood on July 10, 2014, 05:01:08 PM
Disney Did You Know? #9

People dump cremation ashes in the Haunted Mansion all of the time. Ash dumping happens so often that Disneyland had to purchase a special HEPA vacuum that can pick up ashes, but also little tiny bone fragments that are often left behind after a cremation.

What? Seriously?

I love this post!

Mrsya

#10 - apparently you're never further than 50 steps away from a bin at Disneyland?

daddyof2

Quote from: Mrsya on July 11, 2014, 12:57:16 AM
#10 - apparently you're never further than 50 steps away from a bin at Disneyland?

If only that was true about working water fountains

daddyof2

Disney did you know #11

Similar to the Robin Hood comment - because Fantasia was such a commercial flop, Dumbo was made on a budget and hence is only 64 minutes long

itslizi

I enjoyed reading through all these facts people, give me more.

As I am a huge Toy Story fan I'll give you a couple facts you probably didn't know,

#1 The movie was originally supposed to be called "You Are A Toy."

#2 In their most productive week during production, Pixar completed 3.5 minutes of animation.

#3 Pizza Planet was originally supposed to be called Pizza Putt, a combination pizzeria/mini-golf course.

stormflm595

Disney Did You Know #15

The railroad station and train at Frontierland uses telegraph morse code to present Walt's famous Disneyland California opening speech from 17th July 1955. This is a nod to the Old West's communication method.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

SwipatronSparks

Disney Did You Know #16

Originally in the movie Lilo and Stitch where stitch are flying jumba and pleakly's ship through the mountains, that sequence was originally meant to feature Stitch flying a commercial jet around and through Honolulu city, but after the events of 9/11 the animators felt the need to change the sequence.
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

DisneyManiac

Disney Did You Know #17

In Monsters Inc, Boo's real name is Mary, after her voice actress Mary Gibbs. You can see it written on a drawing in her room

Sulley's Arms

Disney Did You Know #18

There's a McDonalds inside Disneyland Park at DLP. Does anybody know where it is?
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

captain rocket

Disney did you know #19
Mines more like a question to make it more interesting, I'm sure someone will get it right, but I will post the answer tomorrow some time if they don't.
We all know that Disneyland park is called just that, but there are at least two places in the park where it is incorrectly called by another name. Can you tell me the incorrect name and somewhere it is on display?
This does not include any of the parks previous names such as Eurodisney.

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: captain rocket on July 19, 2014, 11:44:03 AM
Disney did you know #19
Mines more like a question to make it more interesting, I'm sure someone will get it right, but I will post the answer tomorrow some time if they don't.
We all know that Disneyland park is called just that, but there are at least two places in the park where it is incorrectly called by another name. Can you tell me the incorrect name and somewhere it is on display?
This does not include any of the parks previous names such as Eurodisney.

Isn't one at the exit of Main Street station where it says something like 'exit to the magic kingdom' or something.

I'm not sure about the other one..
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

DisneyManiac

I know one!

When exiting Main Street Station, there is a sign that reads "We hope you enjoy your day at the Magic Kingdom"

But that isn't a mistake, Walt Disney always referred Disneyland as the Magic Kingdom.

moonloo

I can not get enough of these!!!! best thread Idea ever and I need MORE!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andybear

Wall-E is named after the great man Walt himself!  Walter Elias Disney.

Incidentally - I was born on his birthday!  I've always been a big kid, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :-)

captain rocket

Disneymaniac, Disneyland in California is sometimes referred to as the Magic Kingdom, but this is informal and as far as I know there are no signs proclaiming that Disneyland California is the "Magic Kingdom as there are in Paris! You are all correct about Main Street Station but where is the other sign that I mentioned?