Disney Did You Know? - A Great Way to Pass the Time!

Started by DisneyManiac, July 08, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Thought of setting up a little trivia game so fire away yours! They can be about anything Disney related!

Here's Mine:

Disney Did You Know? #1

When the character's name Cruella de Vil is rearranged a bit and squished together it becomes the phrase "Cruel Devil", a nice way to describer her!

msRavenswood

What a cool idea!

So, here's mine:

Disney Did You Know? #2

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" took almost three years to finish due to the slowness of stop-motion, with the crew averaging 60-70 seconds of footage a week. Hundreds of hand-sculpted heads had to be made for Jack and 10 replaceable faces were created for Sally.

DisneyManiac

daddyof2

Disney did you know? #3

In the original film, Snow White is 14 years old

Mrsya

Love it!
Disney Did you know #4 - Prince Adam (the beast) is supposed to be 11 when he turns away the old lady who then casts the spell on him.

DisneyManiac

msRavenswood

Disney did you know? #5

As you approach Phantom Manor from the exterior queue, there are two windows straight ahead of you (on the side of the house). If you look closely at the bottom left corner of the right window, you can see the phrase 'HELP ME" drawn in the dust of the window from the inside.

DisneyManiac

That's interesting, I will look out for that in October!

Disney Did You Know #6

Sometimes, don't know if this still happens, when night time descends onto Phantom Manor look at the three windows at the front of the house, every now and then a light can be seen wandering past. This is said to be the Bride, Melanie Ravenswood still searching for her Groom with lantern in hand.

msRavenswood

Still haven't seen the candlelight effect in person.  :(

daddyof2

Disney Did you know? #7

Frontierland railroad station is designed and built so that it could be relocated in one piece

seraphelle

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

macca1476

About my all time favourite disney film...Robin Hood...

As the film was made during Disney's financial slump following the completion of Phase One of the Florida Project and therefore allotted a small budget, the artists reused footage from previous animated features. This is most noticeable during the song-and-dance number, "The Phony King of England"; the characters' movements strongly resemble those from The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Alexz

Quote from: macca1476 on July 10, 2014, 03:45:40 PM
About my all time favourite disney film...Robin Hood...

As the film was made during Disney's financial slump following the completion of Phase One of the Florida Project and therefore allotted a small budget, the artists reused footage from previous animated features. This is most noticeable during the song-and-dance number, "The Phony King of England"; the characters' movements strongly resemble those from The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Here's a comparison video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihS970ymuC0
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

msRavenswood

msRavenswood

Disney Did You Know? #9

People dump cremation ashes in the Haunted Mansion all of the time. Ash dumping happens so often that Disneyland had to purchase a special HEPA vacuum that can pick up ashes, but also little tiny bone fragments that are often left behind after a cremation.