Trip report March 17th - 21st 2014

Started by pialykke, July 06, 2014, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemma2806

What a lovely trip report! At least you only had bad weather on the last day.

I know what you mean about the rudeness of people, my worst experience was my last visit and it's a shame as the rest of the holiday was such a magical experience (apart from our illness! :'()

Sonyak3

What a great trip report and so many character meets.will definitely be looking for some advise on the meets for my trip in November.would love to meet so many,can just imagine how excited my boys would be.....

norhel

I like your report :-)
Looks like you also meet a lot of characters :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

vampira

What a lovely trip report! Looks like you had a great time!
Usually I don't read these trip reports but after reading yours I'm even more excited about my own next trip (in October) so I'm going to read some more!  ;D
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

pialykke

Quote from: gemma2806 on July 07, 2014, 10:42:06 PM
What a lovely trip report! At least you only had bad weather on the last day.

I know what you mean about the rudeness of people, my worst experience was my last visit and it's a shame as the rest of the holiday was such a magical experience (apart from our illness! :'()

Thanx Gemma,
I just read yours again from November last year - I do remember reading it before, but it was nice to get it refreshed. I remember feeling so sorry for you, missing out on the last night due to your illness.
Oh that french woman trying to push in for Buzz - I was fuming when I read that!! Who does she think she is?? Christ, I would have gone mad!!
I am a bit worried about our next trip in November now though, as we are going from Thurs-Mon.... As I can understand from your report, Thurs and Fri wont be too bad, but Saturday and Sunday may be quite manic queue-wise? It is DS6's birthday on the Sunday, and we are planning to treat him to dinner at the Auberge, as he LOVES Cinderella (and the other princesses too). We haven't booked breakfast at CM this time, but I might just add that on the Saturday (esp. if the parks are gonna be so crazy busy). Do you think this is a good idea?
Any other "must-know" details regarding characters etc. we should be aware of?
I have to trawl this forum for info on the meet&greets in the Studios now that they have scrapped the parade... Do you know if they are bringing back the villains? I would LOVE to meet Maleficent!! :)
Thanx again for your comments. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

Quote from: Sonyak3 on July 08, 2014, 01:19:42 AM
What a great trip report and so many character meets.will definitely be looking for some advise on the meets for my trip in November.would love to meet so many,can just imagine how excited my boys would be.....

Thanx Sonyak3,
Sure, ask away. I don't know how much help I'll be now, as they have changed a lot of the character meet & greets, but I am hoping to stock up on info for our next trip in November too... Yes, our boys loved meeting all the characters. They started "collecting" them, and talked about which ones they hadn't "got" yet. So funny! :)
When in November are you going? We're going from the 13th to 17th at the Santa Fe.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

Quote from: norhel on July 08, 2014, 02:54:44 PM
I like your report :-)
Looks like you also meet a lot of characters :-)

Thanx Norhel,
Yes, we love meeting the characters! It really makes it that bit extra special for us! :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

Quote from: vampira on July 08, 2014, 03:58:44 PM
What a lovely trip report! Looks like you had a great time!
Usually I don't read these trip reports but after reading yours I'm even more excited about my own next trip (in October) so I'm going to read some more!  ;D

Thanx Vampira!
I'm pleased you enjoyed my report, and it made you want to read some more. I try to read most reports, as it keeps the magic alive, and you can sort of imagine yourself there too. It also makes you look forward to your own next trip even more. I love it. :)
Glad I could be of inspiration to you.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

gemma2806

I definitely found that Sundays were quieter than Saturdays. I've been in the parks both days and the queues and crowds are more manageable on Sundays. Cafe Mickey on a Saturday is a good idea but definitely book in advance. If I'm there for a weekend I tend to go to the Sealife Aquarium at Val d'Europe for half a day and spend the rest of the time in Disney Village or at the hotel. By all means check out the queues for your favourite rides and get FP wherever possible but don't get stressed out and wound up trying to navigate through huge crowds as it just takes away some of the magic of where you are  :D

Sonyak3

We are going the 23rd to 27th nov in sequoia so will be looking forward to your report when you come back.will be doing a lot of research coming closer to the dates thou especially with the meets cause I know they would love to meet as many as they can.

BlackPearl

Great trip report! Thank you for sharing. I love your meet and greet photos. So many characters! And your boys are really cute  :D

pialykke

Quote from: Sonyak3 on July 10, 2014, 02:29:37 PM
We are going the 23rd to 27th nov in sequoia so will be looking forward to your report when you come back.will be doing a lot of research coming closer to the dates thou especially with the meets cause I know they would love to meet as many as they can.

Ok, I will definitely do my trip report quickly after getting back then. I will tell you as much as I can, hopefully you can use my tips to meet as many characters as poss. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

Quote from: BlackPearl on July 10, 2014, 09:38:43 PM
Great trip report! Thank you for sharing. I love your meet and greet photos. So many characters! And your boys are really cute  :D

Ah thanx BlackPearl! It took a while to get it done, but I'm happy I did it now. It brings back so many lovely memories, going through all the photos as well, remembering where we went etc. :)
Can't wait to go again in November! Only 4 months to go.... ;)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Sonyak3

That's great pialykke.lookin forward to it..will make a post closer to time neway lookin for advise aswell..will b different thou with no meets and greets in hotels..

pialykke

Quote from: Sonyak3 on July 11, 2014, 09:25:14 PM
That's great pialykke.lookin forward to it..will make a post closer to time neway lookin for advise aswell..will b different thou with no meets and greets in hotels..

Yes, I will be trawling the forum up to our next trip as well, trying to get as much info as poss. It is a shame to lose the characters in the hotels, but I could already tell, they were scaling it down when we went in March - there was only one character, and not every day, only about every other day... It used to be two characters every day - at least in the Santa Fe, where we always stay to keep the cost down. It will be interesting to see, what they do at the parks during EMH instead. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe