Trip report March 17th - 21st 2014

Started by pialykke, July 06, 2014, 03:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pialykke

So, I've had to stay off this forum for a bit, as I had post-disneyland-depression after coming home... ;)
I was so upset, as we thought we wouldn't be going again till the 25th in 2017. But now we've been able to book a surprise birthday trip in November for DS6 who turns 7 while we're there.
So now I finally feel up to starting this trip report from 17th to 21st March.

We had booked the trip back in November 2013, and my mum was coming along as well for her first trip.
We booked adjoining rooms, so we could keep the door open in between.
We decided to only tell the boys DS7 and DS6 on the Thursday before leaving on the Monday – we wanted it to be a big surprise for them, and last time we went, DH accidently spilled the beans a month before going. So we wanted to really surprise them this time. And we wanted them to be able to go to school on the Friday and tell all their friends about it too...

I made a treasurehunt where they had to find 6 printouts of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto. On 4 of the 6 pictures I had written "Look – in – the – bag" and in the bag there was an invitation from Mickey and a Mickey top as well as some Disney Kinder Eggs.
You can see the video of the treasurehunt here:

DAY ONE: 17th March – St. Patricks Day.
On the trip were: Me, 33, I'm Danish, DH45, who's English, DS6 and DS7. And my mum.
We had booked really early flights out of Copenhagen to CdG, so we had to get up and leave at 4.00 am ready for takeoff at 6.55. We went to my mums house to pick her up, and as we hadn't told the boys she was coming as well, that was another surprise for them!
The flight went really smooth and we arrived on time, got the VEA to Santa Fe and checked in straight away. The room wasn't ready yet, so we had to drop the bags at the storageroom, but it wasn't very busy, so that was sorted quickly too. Then we went to the Earl of Sandwich for lunch before heading to the park. It was completely empty! We were the only ones in there! I couldn't believe it!
I took a load of food-photos, but will post them in another post under the dining and restaurant topic, for those who's interested.

On the way towards the park, we paid a quick visit to The World of Disney to buy our autograph book and pen for this trip. We had a quick look around the store, which looks amazing! I am in love with the Minnie crockery!

Then we headed to the park. I choked up again, walking through the turnstile, thinking I can't believe we're back! I absolutely love the queuing area, it's lovely!
We then went straight to City Hall to see if we could get any inside info on characters, but the girl I spoke to clearly didn't understand what I meant, and just quoted the programme. I asked about characters roaming freely, if she could give me any pointers, but she just kept referring to the programme. Good job I had done my research myself, so I knew where to go...
Then we made the long awaited walk up Main Street, soaking in the atmosphere, looking at the castle at the end, and feeling emotional and excited again.

We had a little rest in front of the castle, before we went to see the dragon, which was shut when we went last time. So it was lovely for the boys to get to see him – they loved it!

We walked up to the shop and had a look around all the crystals, which my mum loves! Don't know where we would put this though.... (And at €15.000 I'd rather go back to DLP another 100 times...!!)

Then we went upstairs and looked through the gallery, which was also shut last time. We took our time and took lots of photos.

Then we went down to check out the waiting times for Pinocchio and Snow White, and they were both walk ons!! There were literally NO people queuing!! I've never seen it so empty! It was amazing! The carousel was also a short wait, less than 5 mins, so we went on that next.
Then we walked up towards Alice's Labyrinth and bumped into Tweedle Dee and Dum just outside. Lovely queue arranged very well by the CM, who paid close attention to whose turn it was, and shooed anyone away who tried to push in.

Then we went through the labyrinth, and when we came out, decided to have a quick look at the Princess Pavillion, as there really weren't any people around. We were still shocked to see the waiting time down to "only" 45 minutes, and decided that it was now or never – as we have never seen it anywhere below 90 minutes! It turned out to be more like 90 minutes anyway however – but the result was amazing! We were extremely lucky and met BELLE, who is my all time favorite princess, so I was well happy! I got so flustered, I forgot all the things I had planned to say and ask her (in character), and just smiled so much my cheeks hurt! Bless her, she was lovely!

Then it was time to start queuing for the parade, and we got a great spot just down from Bella Notte.

Then we went round to IASW, Le Pays and Casey Jr. which were all walk ons as well! And then it was time to head to Plaza Gardens for our reservation at 18.00. They didn't really have much control over the queues, so we ended up standing in one big queue along with those who hadn't booked. In the end I went over to the left, and asked a CM if they were going to let the pre-booked families through another way, and they sorted it out straight away, so we finally got in.
The food in Plaza Gardens was lovely I thought. Lots of choice, lots of each dish, no empty trays, ham being carved right in front of you, it was all very nice. We all stuffed ourselves, and then went out to queue up for Dreams! We stayed just outside of Plaza Gardens, but couldn't see all that well. The boys really had trouble, as there were lots of dads with kids on their shoulders. So we had to lift them up in turn, so they could see a bit. Luckily this wasn't the last time to see Dreams!, so we knew to get a better place next time.
I took some photos of the St. Patricks Day special that they showed before Dreams!

After Dreams!, we headed towards the exit along with everyone else – me with a huge lump in my throat again, as that was the first time I had seen Dreams! It gets me so emotional – on top of having had a very long day, and the buzz you get that first day you're back.
So we walked back to the hotel – after getting the bags from the storageroom by reception. We unpacked a bit, and then we all went to sleep.

Day 2 coming tomorrow.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Aurora1

thanks for posting! I love reading it!
Belle is my all time favorite too! I hope e meet her next time!
Looking forward for reading and seeing more of your trip!

lindavdende

Thanks for posting! Love Reading it and cant wait for the other parts!

daddyof2

Great photos, I'm considering the same week in 2015 so good to get a report from this year :)

pialykke

Well, once I got started, I thought I'd just as well do day 2 today as well. 3, 4 and 5 to come tomorrow.

DAY TWO: 18th March.
We got up early (we're usually up and out of the house at 6.15 at home, so we are used to getting up early) and went for breakfast at 7.00. We met Minnie in the hotel lobby, but were sad to see they had removed the queuing area, so it ended up being a free for all...
We then made our way through the village for EMH in the park. We never get the bus, as we like the walk in the morning.
We went straight to Buzz, and walked straight through. There were only a few people in the queue in front of us, and it wasn't even a 5 min. wait once we got in. After Buzz we went on Orbitron, which the boys love.
After that we had a look at Space Mountain, as I wanted to try this, just to say I've been on it... DH has had an operation to his neck, so there was no way he could go on it, but my mum loves wild rides, so she was well up for it. It was only a 5 min. wait, and we literally walked straight in and sat down! I absolutely hated it, I must admit! Not the ride itself, which I'm sure – had I been able to keep my eyes open from the pain – is lovely. The braces hurt my shoulders so bad, and it is so ridiculously shaky, that I couldn't stand keeping my head in the headrest – which also wasn't padded, and didn't fit my height at all. So I was straining to keep my head from rattling around, whilst feeling like my arms would be severed, it really wasn't enjoyable at all! It is such a shame! My mum felt the same, even though she isn't as tall as me. My shoulders actually hurt several weeks afterwards, and I could barely stand carrying my bag! What a horrible experience.  
Next we passed by Nautilus and saw that it was open already, even though it was only about 9.30. So we went through it – something else we never got to do last time.
We went across to Fantasyland and went on Snow White and Pinocchio quick after eachother, and then decided to head over to the Studios.
Then we went back down through Main Street and I went on a search for the Walt and Lilly fireplace, as I had forgotten which shop it was in. And luckily I managed to find it. I think it is such a lovely touch!

When we got to the studios, we headed for Cars. The boys love this ride, so that was a clear first. We then headed back towards Cinemagique to wait for the characters to come out, and we had only been there for a few minutes when they came out. We headed for Jessie first, and the boys got some lovely photos with her and the others.

When we finished with Remy and Emile, we went to stand in line for Donald and Daisy, but the CM had just ended the queue! We hadn't met Daisy the year before, so I made a sad face, which made the CM crack up. I asked if they were coming back out, and she told us that the next group of characters were princesses etc. so if we wanted to go off and try some rides while they were out, we could make it back for Donald and Daisy in plenty of time. We protested, as the boys actually LOVE princesses, and she cracked up at this too! She was really nice and told us who would be coming out and when. Lovely! (Much better than the silly girl I had spoken to at City Hall).
So we waited around for a few minutes and then the princesses came out!! HAPPYYYY!!!

Mulan was AMAZING!! She really chatted to the boys, called them her brave Danish Vikings and we asked her what Mushu was up to that day. She said we should go have a look around the park for him, as he was running around causing trouble. (It was so sincere I actually believed her – I'm a big Mushu fan, so got quite excited until I realized... haha... ;) ) Anyway, she asked if we were watching the parade later, and we said of course, so she said she would give us a special wave when she saw us...
(When we watched the parade, she did indeed spot us, and interrupted her routine to blow kisses to the boys and wave! I nearly cried!! She made us feel so special, and I can't thank her enough for making our day! – Watch out for my final day trip report, as thankfully I caught the whole thing on video! YAY!)
Well, after Mulan, we went round the side of the building to watch out for Donald and Daisy, and when the lovely CM from before brought them out, she made sure we were first in line! Bless her!! I absolutely love it when the CM's make such an effort. Amazing!

After that we were all quite hungry and needed to go inside to warm up a bit, as it was actually quite cold that day. So we had lunch at Rest. en Coulisse, which wasn't too bad to be honest. Of course, burger and chips is the same pretty much all over the resort, but it was warm, the chips were freshly made, all in all nice for what you pay for it...
After lunch we watched the parade, and then headed over to Studio Tram Tour as it was the last day it was running while we were there. In the middle of the queue DS7 had to pop to the toilet, so DH took him, and they ended up missing the trip, as he didn't want to push back in. They didn't mind too much though, as we went on it last time, and DH wasn't too fussed. So it was just me, mum and DS6. My mum loved the action scene with the fire and water – I hadn't told her about it, and I know she loves that sort of thing, so she was really happy we went on it. The before and after is naff we think. Of course it's interesting to see all the props, but it takes forever, and then you have to go back past it all again... So we will not be going on it again after this trip.
Then we went to Toy Story Playland and had a ride on Slinky. There was a long wait for the Parachutes, and no one fancied RC, so we went back round to see if we could get an English Disney Junior. We got in the queue, but just as we were about to be let through, it broke down, so we were all told to go out, and it would be shut for the rest of the day... Don't know what went wrong... We stood around for a while trying to decide what to do next, when it popped up on the screen again to let people in. So we went back in and ended up first in line... We hadn't told the boys that Jake and Sofia had been added as a pre-show, so they were happy to see them, when they came out, but It was a mad dash to try and get a photo of the boys next to them, as our boys are too polite to get in the crowd, and will always chose to stand back and just watch. I did manage to get one of Jake saying hello to DS6 though.

When the show finished, we decided to walk out to the village and have dinner at Annettes, which I have been dying to try. We all really enjoyed the food, and ended up having dessert too – though we were already pretty full from the main! We will definitely be eating here again.
After Annettes we decided to go back to the hotel for an early night and give Dreams! a miss till the next night, as we were all pretty tired and full up after the lovely food.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

moonloo

;D WOW!!! Brilliant trip report, your boys are so cute!!! I had no idea you could see characters around cinemagique! Is that new? We have been going for 4 years and never knew... how have we missed that!!??? Are there certain times they come out on a programme? How did you know? You got some very lovely photos and it's soooo cute that they love the princesses too!! I wish my little boy liked them, even my six year old daughter is a bit "take them or leave them", Im the annoying mom MAKING them see the princesses.  :o   
Thank you for sharing, so excited for my next trip now in march 2015!

pialykke

Quote from: moonloo on July 06, 2014, 11:21:47 PM
;D WOW!!! Brilliant trip report, your boys are so cute!!! I had no idea you could see characters around cinemagique! Is that new? We have been going for 4 years and never knew... how have we missed that!!??? Are there certain times they come out on a programme? How did you know? You got some very lovely photos and it's soooo cute that they love the princesses too!! I wish my little boy liked them, even my six year old daughter is a bit "take them or leave them", Im the annoying mom MAKING them see the princesses.  :o   
Thank you for sharing, so excited for my next trip now in march 2015!

Hi moonloo
Thanx so much for your comments. :)
Some very nice people on this forum told me about the characters coming out in the studios. It used to be at Production Courtyard, around Cinemagique. To start with it was all the characters from the parade incl. the villains and Mary & Bert etc., but as they had taken those cars out for the spring parade already, those characters weren't out to meet. Now that the parade has finished completely, I don't know what they will do....! As we are going in November again, I am interested to find out as well!
We missed it completely the first time we went too, so this time I did a lot of research on this forum, looking for ways to meet more characters, as we only saw 5 in the week we were there the first time, and were really disappointed about that.
Oh yeah, they love princesses! So much so, that we are taking them to the Auberge for DS6's 7th birthday in November!!!  ;D
I hope you have a great time when you go!

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

Quote from: Aurora1 on July 06, 2014, 04:38:39 PM
thanks for posting! I love reading it!
Belle is my all time favorite too! I hope e meet her next time!
Looking forward for reading and seeing more of your trip!

Thanx Aurora1. I couldn't believe our luck! When we got to the front, the CMs asked who all our favourites are. I said Belle, DH loves Snow White (!!!), DS6 loves Cinderella, and DS7 loves Ariel. They said, that the 2 princesses that were available were both on our list, so they asked DS6 to chose a CM to go with. :) I couldn't believe it, when we came round the corner and saw her!! She is so difficult to get to meet, so I couldnt stop smiling! Amazing!  ;D

Quote from: lindavdende on July 06, 2014, 04:52:06 PM
Thanks for posting! Love Reading it and cant wait for the other parts!

Thanx lindavdende, glad you're enjoying it. :)

Quote from: daddyof2 on July 06, 2014, 07:36:55 PM
Great photos, I'm considering the same week in 2015 so good to get a report from this year :)

Hi daddyof2, glad to be of assistance. Hope you enjoy it! The weather was fine the first year - 20-22C ish every day. This year it was cold, no more than 15C, and the last day it lashed down.... So it can be quite tempremental...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

msRavenswood

What a fun to read report and lovely pics! Can't wait to read the rest of the parts!  :D

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

pialykke

DAY THREE: 19th March.
We got up and got ourselves ready for breakfast at Café Mickey at 8.00 this morning. We really enjoyed this last time we went, so had to do it again this time.
We got seated in a booth just next to the door where the characters come out, so were almost first in line each time someone new came out. I love the organization in this place! No scrums, you can just enjoy your food, and the characters come to you. And the boys love a cooked breakfast (being half English I suppose it's almost in their blood... haha).
We had a lovely time with all the usual characters, and to our joy, Pinocchio was there too – we hadn't met him last time we went, so that was a real treat!

Pinocchio and Gepetto had come to our table separately, but as we went to leave, they came walking up to us together, so we had to have one more photo, with both of them together. They were so lovely and both cuddled the boys goodbye!

On the way to the park, we stopped into the new Lego store, and had a good look around! It's lovely in there, and the boys could easily have spent all day in there. They wanted all of it! 

When we got into the park, it was about 10.30am, so Frontierland was open, and we went straight for a FP for Big Thunder Mountain. The boys have been dying to try it, as that too was shut last time (we didn't have much luck back then...). We had enough time to double back to the central Plaza and wait for Tigger and Eeyore to come out at 11, and they were bang on time! Amazing! Thanx to whoever it was that told me about these unscheduled meetings in here!

After going back for our ride on BTM we went up to have a look at Pirates, as the park still seemed to be very quiet, and low and behold, it was only a 5 min. wait!! I couldn't believe it! The boys enjoyed it – but there was no swinging pirate at the end...
We walked around Adventureland and Frontierland some more, and were pleased to see Genie by the bazaar meetingplace!

When we next came back round to Adventureland, we thought we'd have a look by Rhythm of the Jungle, hoping for Timon and Rafiki. But it was King Louie and Baloo meeting there that day, and the CM told me that Timon and Rafiki weren't doing meets that day at all. Shame, as we've met Baloo and King Louie before, but the boys still had a photo with the King. 

We had a look for Peter and Wendy, but I don't think they were meeting that day either. So we went over to Fantasyland for some more quick rides on Snow White and Pinocchio. And then we decided to have lunch in the Toad Hall as DH fancied Fish & Chips.
After that we decided to nip over to Star Tours and Autopia as we had missed out on them last time we went too. Star Tours was fun, but Autopia had the longest waittime of the week – bizarre! We had another quick go on Buzz which was still almost a walk on (even stranger, when Autopia was so busy!) and then headed up towards IASW for a fantastic spot for the parade!
We had a real treat from Gepetto during the parade – he clearly recognized us from that morning at Café Mickey – and again I was lucky to get it on film, so watch out for the final day report. 
After the parade we went on Casey Jr., Le Pays and IASW again, and then headed over to Adventureland for dinner at Colonel Hathi's.

I love the atmosphere in this restaurant, and the food was very nice actually. Again, you get what you pay for. The lasagna I had was lovely, and DH was happy with his pizza too. It was warm, well cooked, and tasted absolutely fine. So even when on a budget, you can still find nice food.
After dinner we headed over towards the Plaza to get a good spot for Dreams! this time. And what a spot we got!! Front row just on the edge of the Plaza! We had an amazing view, although we were at a slight angle.

After Dreams! (and me choking up again, as this would be the last time we saw it this trip) we headed back to the hotel for another good nights sleep.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

daddyof2

My family are all jealous of all those characters you met, well done. I know what you mean about Space Mountain, very jerky!

pialykke

Quote from: daddyof2 on July 07, 2014, 07:16:50 PM
My family are all jealous of all those characters you met, well done. I know what you mean about Space Mountain, very jerky!

Haha, thanx. We were so disappointed the first time we went, as we only met 5 characters in the park during our Mon-Fri stay (back in March 2012). So this time we really tried to max out on characters! I think we did a pretty good job! The boys turned into real autograph-collectors! Bless them! And they keep talking about the ones they haven't "got" yet...! haha....
Yes, definitely not going on Space Mountain ever again! That was awful!
Just finishing off day 4, so stay tuned. :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

DAY FOUR: 20th March.
We woke up to a really beautiful morning, blue skies and sunshine, perfect for our last whole day there!
We had breakfast at the hotel at 7.00 am again. There were no characters meeting there that day – they are already scaling down on that leading up to them being scrapped altogether.
When we got to the Disneyland Hotel I felt all emotional again, as it looked beautiful against the blue sky!

We then went for EMH again, first stop BUZZ and then over to Fantasyland where DS6 had a go at the sword.

Then we went for quick rides – still no queues anywhere! – on Snow White, Pinocchio, the teacups and Dumbo. We had another look at the Pavillion around 9.30, but there were already too many people there for us to want to queue up again on our last day. (Though the boys were asking to meet more princesses, and DH was pining for Snow White...!! Hahaha...)
We went down to wait for Duffy at his meet and greet, but as soon as we got to the front of the queue, he had to go off with a bad tummy!! Minnie stayed out for meetings though, but we explained to the CM that we were actually there for Duffy! She couldn't believe it! She kept us to the side, and let others through for Minnie, so we were first in line when Duffy finally came back out about 15 mins later. Bless.
It was such a lovely meeting, as the boys ran over to Duffy when he came out, and Minnie felt a bit left out, bless her. So I went to give her a big hug, and the CMs laughed. When I got to cuddle Duffy, I said "Hope you feel better" through the costume, and got an extra hard squeeze from whoever is in there. That was lovely! 

The CM who had helped us out at Duffy's had told me that Alice and The Mad Hatter would be out around the labyrinth at around 11, so instead of heading straight to the Studios which had been the plan, we decided to go up there to wait for them, as the boys really wanted to meet them. When we got there, Tweedle Dee and Dum were still out, again with a lovely arranged queue, organized by the lovely CM who brought us in to see Belle at the Pavillion on the first day. It was really nice to see it so organized.
Sadly that wasn't the case, when Alice and Hatter finally came out! We had been waiting there for about half an hour, but they were swamped as soon as they came round, and the CM did nothing to stop it! I asked her – she looked a quiet, timid little thing – if she was not going to make a queue, but she just ignored me!!! I then asked her if she wanted me to help her form a queue, as I was already getting quite upset for the boys, who – as I said before – are just too polite to join in a scrum like that, and were looking quite sad about it all! Again, the CM just ignored me!!! I couldn't believe it!! She was so rude!
I then took it upon myself to say rather loudly; "when you have had your photos and autographs, can you move away please, to let others through"... The CM didn't even react to this either!!
We stood there for about 20 mins, trying to keep our place in the scrum. I even had a dad behind me grab my shoulder to try and pull me out of the way!!! Needless to say, I gave him a piece of my mind (no swearing though) in English, and then a few choice words in Danish too...... I was fuming! In the end I asked Alice if we could just get a quick photo, as I didn't think the boys could stand it much longer, and we had been waiting for so long. Bless her, she just said "but we haven't even been here that long, so your watch must be wrong".... Sweet, but very frustrating in that very moment... In the end, they finally turned to the boys, and Mad Hatter called them twins and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (they are 18 months apart, but look very much alike – even their teachers can't tell them apart sometimes...). In the end they felt special, but it put a damper on our last day, and the boys commented on "all the rude people who were pushing in front all the time" quite a few times during the rest of the day!!I wrote to Disney to comment on this after our trip, and got a reply thanking me for reporting it, but at the same time saying, that some characters like to "roam free" – I still think the least the CM could do was acknowledge me and she could have told me that on the day, if that was the case (which I can totally understand, being the Mad Hatter). It was just a bad experience, which we have to put behind us. I still get upset looking at this photo though, as you can tell from the boys faces, that they are really uncomfortable with the situation (which I in turn feel guilty for putting them through)! :(

After that we headed straight to the Studios and had a look at which characters were out this morning, hoping to see Mushu with Mulan, but he wasn't there.
We didn't really have time to queue up anyway, as we had a reservation at Restaurant des Stars at 12.30.
The buffet here was lovely too, and we all enjoyed it. We were sat at the end of the room, in the circular bit, so when the waiter brought out Remy, he mostly stayed up the other end. He did two "shows" with Remy, but when he came to our section, he just wheeled him around the tables, so we didn't really get to see him much, and we felt a bit left out to be honest.

We had only just finished lunch when we realized the parade was about to come by, so we practically ran from the restaurant, and threw ourselves into the line, just in time for the first car to roll by! I can't believe we almost missed it! ;)
After the parade, we had a little wander around the Studios and one last go on Cars, before we headed over to DLH in time for the Descent of the Stairs.
We were hoping for at least one special character to be there, and to our joy we got Gideon out of Pinocchio! The boys may not look that excited in the photo, but they were! 

The other characters who came down were Minnie, Mickey and Goofy, so instead of meeting them again, we decided to go through to the gates where the parade finishes and have a little snack while waiting for the last parade of this visit. We went round to get a bottle of drink and some donuts to share, which was really nice. It was actually a nice spot to watch the parade, as it is quite narrow there, so you get really close to the characters! And the Mad Hatter sort of made up for the scrum earlier by coming over to the boys – again I caught it on video, so watch out for my next (and last  :'( ) installment.

After the parade, we headed over to the Village for the last surprise for the boys this time, as we had booked dinner at Café Mickey! They were so excited, and we hoped to see some special characters there again.
This time however, we were disappointed! We had Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Tigger. It was lovely to see Tigger there though, but we were really hoping for maybe Rabbit or Piglet. Still, the interaction we had with them more than made up for there not being one we hadn't met before. However, I was disappointed that there weren't more characters there for dinner than at breakfast. We had 7 characters at breakfast, and only 5 at dinner - surely it should be the other way around - or at least the same amount (as you pay considerably more to have dinner there)...?

This was a lovely moment with Minnie actually - when she spotted their tops and pointed at them, she made a heart with her hands afterwards, which was so sweet.

We had at least 2 visits from each character to our table, which was lovely as I got to both take pictures and do some filming as well! These are the clips I made during the dinner – I love the part where Minnie surprises my DH – he honestly didn't have a clue she was there!

When we went to leave, Pluto was at the table just beside us, so the boys went to say goodbye, and got a huuuuuge cuddle from him again! They really made us feel special!

After a lovely dinner and dessert, we went back through the Village and had a look through a few of the shops. The boys couldn't decide on which plush they wanted, so in fact ended up not getting one this time! We didn't want to force them into having one, so we just left it... Next time however, we will definitely get one. To be honest they are always good when we go to shops (toyshops and others). They never beg for things, so it's quite easy taking them places like this, thankfully.
We then went back to the hotel, and got everything packed, ready to check out in the morning.  :'(

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

pialykke

DAY FIVE: 21st March.
Final day! We got up and got the last bits sorted, so we were ready to check out after breakfast, and then just drop the bags in the storage after. We had to get the bus to CdG at 12.30, so we had time for EMH and a few rides before leaving.
When we had sorted everything and got to Discoveryland, it started pouring down! The castle looked every bit as sad as I felt!

We went on a quick Buzz ride, and then headed over to Fantasyland for one last go on Snow White and Pinocchio. Thankfully it eased off a bit by then, but my feet were soaked. We decided to just head down through Main Street, but went through Liberty Arcade to stay dry, and gave Duffy one last wave before heading over to Earl of Sandwich for some early lunch and to dry off. I was so sad and upset about the weather, being soaked, and having to leave my favorite place in the world. On top of that it turned out the soles of my shoes had actually split across (they were brand new Converse, so I sent them straight back when we got home!) hence why my feet were so soaked! Just to add salt to the wound! Gutted.
So we sat in Earl of Sandwich for a good hour or so, and then headed back to the hotel, got our bags out of the storage, and just waited for the bus. We went in the shop and bought some sweets for the journey home, and one last look at Disney merch.
The rest of the day went smooth, flight on time, and then into the car at Copenhagen for our drive home.
Thankfully we have so many great memories from this trip! It was truly amazing, meeting so many characters, after only having seen 5 on our previous trip! They really made us feel special, and we met so many lovely CM's this time too! We honestly can't thank them enough for making our trip so special! Best of all, we managed to capture the most special moments on film:

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe