Reservations advice

Started by msRavenswood, July 05, 2014, 06:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

After lots of thinking, hubby and I decided to make reservations at the restaurants of our choice for our upcoming trip. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

First of all, I would like to ask about breakfast at Café Mickey. We are thinking of going during the first sitting. Is it worth staying for the second sitting as well?

As far as lunch reservations are concerned, when is the best time to have lunch? We are thinking of going to Plaza Gardens, Agrabah Café (if it's open), the Silver Spur and perhaps the Chuck Wagon and we would prefer a quiet and relaxed lunch without huge crowds and lots of waiting time.

We have also decided to try Chez Remy for dinner on the first day of our visit, as it's the only day while we're there that WDS stay open until 9 pm. 

daddyof2

If you're making reservations, waiting times shouldn't be too much of a problem. Personally though, to beat the crowds, eat at 1200 (or even before) or after 1400. The Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Café are both buffets soI don't think there are major issues with waiting times. As The Chuck Wagon is at The Hotel Cheyenne, I'd also guess it would be fairly quiet at lunch time because most people will be in the park.

msRavenswood

Thank you for your suggestions daddyof2!    :D

12 pm is way too early for us to have lunch, so I guess it will be better to book around 2.30 - 3 pm. I don't know yet if we will be eating at the Chuck Wagon, although we have booked to stay at the Cheyenne. Is the food any good there?

msRavenswood

Any tips for our breakfast at Café Mickey?

daddyof2

Sorry, we did lunch there and had breakfast at the hotel every day

gemma2806

I always do the Cafe Mickey breakfast at least once and I definitely recommend staying for the both sittings. I tend to arrive at 8am and get stuck in to having photos with characters and autographs etc then when the 2nd seating rolls round I stay and have breakfast at this time. They tend to change about half the characters so whilst the 2nd seating is happening I can eat and just look out for the characters that I haven't seen already.  :D

msRavenswood

Thank you so much for the advice gemma2806!   :D

Andybear

Quote from: gemma2806 on July 06, 2014, 07:56:40 PM
I always do the Cafe Mickey breakfast at least once and I definitely recommend staying for the both sittings. I tend to arrive at 8am and get stuck in to having photos with characters and autographs etc then when the 2nd seating rolls round I stay and have breakfast at this time. They tend to change about half the characters so whilst the 2nd seating is happening I can eat and just look out for the characters that I haven't seen already.  :D

I thought the whole point of having two sittings was so that two lots of people can have a character breakfast.  It's unfair that some people in the first sitting stay for the second as well, thus seeing more characters than those who've booked for the second setting.  Plus somee people who've actually booked for the second sitting may not be able to get their table if people from the first sitting stay for the second. 

msRavenswood

Quote from: Andybear on July 06, 2014, 11:10:57 PM

I thought the whole point of having two sittings was so that two lots of people can have a character breakfast.  It's unfair that some people in the first sitting stay for the second as well, thus seeing more characters than those who've booked for the second setting.  Plus somee people who've actually booked for the second sitting may not be able to get their table if people from the first sitting stay for the second.

You do have a point there, Andybear, but if someone is visiting during a not so busy period I don't think they are causing a problem by staying for both sittings. Anyway, I don't know yet if we will be staying for the 2nd sitting as well, because we don't want to miss EMH, but if we do stay eventually I will ask a CM if it's ok to do so.  :D

Mileto

Could you tell me more abouta Cafe Mickey and the breakfast - is it a buffet or? What is the choice?
We usually have breakfast in our hotel, but if it is so special, we could go this time.
Thank you!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

gemma2806

Andybear I can appreciate what you're saying and if it was busy I'm sure they would ask people to leave. I always visit in the quiet seasons and have never seen it full ever. In fact most times I have gone there has only been people arriving for the first seating and then no-one else shows up!

Disney Hotel guests can choose either 1st or 2nd seating but everyone else can only choose the 2nd seating and it's not at a discounted price like the Disney hotel guests get.

Of course if I was asked to leave I would as you're right it would not be fair but as this has never happened and I'm certainly not the only family that has done this, I will continue to get extra value for my money  ;)

gemma2806

Mileto the breakfast is buffet style like the hotels but they have a greater choice of pastries. They also provide hot options such as bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes and scrambled eggs included in the price and as it takes place in the downstairs section of Cafe Mickey only it is a much quieter and more calm experience plus you get the added bonus of the characters   :D

msRavenswood

Thank you for all the help you've provided gemma2806!

Mileto, I think you should give it a try, I think it's great value for money because you get to see a lot of characters in one place!  :D

daddyof2

At lunch in June we saw Mickey, Chip n Dale, Pluto, Baloo, Eeyore...err not sure who else. At least one of Cafe Mickey/Inventions/Auberge De Cendrillon will become more important to do when the hotels stop getting characters. I'd rather do lunch than breakfast as it seems you're basically paying to meet the characters if you go for breakfast. Also, dinner looked a lot busier than lunch

msRavenswood

How's lunch at Café Mickey daddyof2? Is the food good or do they serve the kind you can eat at Café Hyperion?