Halloween - what to expect?

Started by Mrsya, July 01, 2014, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

We are visiting towards the end of October but not on Halloween itself. What kind of decorations, parade changes, special characters or shows might we get to see? Will it be cold? What time will it get dark?

Pleeeeeease don't mention the crowds... I know it will be manic. It's the first thing people tell me  :'(

DLRP Roundup!

Decorations on main street, Halloween cavalcade in addition to normal parade, some halloween characters.

It won't be "cold" but it won't be overly warm, especially at night.

Be clever with hours and shows with the studios and crowds won't be an issue, remember early and late, mid day is lunch and show time ;)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

captain rocket

Except for Halloween itself the crowds, especially midweek, are lighter than during the summer season. Enjoy the Cavalcade which usually follows the parade route three times a day. Last year they made a real effort after a couple of poor years, the floats for the cavalcade are spectacular and they did announce that a new float would be added each year, time will tell! The theme of the cavalcade is Harvest and not reliant on Ghosts etc in any way, the whole thing is great. Main Street and a small part of Frontierland is decorated with Ghosts and Jack and Sally have a meet and greet opposite the entrance to Phantom Manor (Last year they also did a meet and greet for Christmas with Jack dressed as Santa at the same spot)
Villains do scheduled meet and greets behind the castle where Excalibur is.
Who knows, they may have some new plans for this year, have a great visit! I will be there 22/24th October, looking forward to it!

Mrsya

Thanks to you both! And for your reassurance about the crowds  :D

We're there 22nd-27th (Wed-Mon). Looking forward to seeing the cavalcade then. Where's a good place to position ourselves for that?

captain rocket

I'm a bit of a parade fanatic! Last year I saw the Cavalcade about 6 times so I tried several places along the parade route! The Cavalcade operated three times a day last year and I think it was something like 11.30. 12.30 and 13.30. The parade starts form where the last one finished, if that makes sense! If it came out of the start of the parade route at 11.30 the 12.30 Cavalcade would start from Town Square. Given all of that I found that the two best places, in my opinion, was either facing the start point outside of the ice cream shop beside pizza Bela Notte so you could get a good head on view and then a side view as the floats passed and at the top of main Street when the parade started from Town Square. On a couple of occasions
I watched the parade pass and then cut around the back of Main Street and saw it pass the castle stage. Told you I was a fanatic! Got some great shots though!