Bistrot Chez Rémy

Started by andlorna, June 19, 2014, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Quote from: DisneyRon on September 20, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
Unfortunately I missed out on a visit to Chez Rémy, as I managed to send myself to the hospital ~30 minutes before I had a reservation to have lunch there. The remaining days I had a pretty busy agenda and prior reservations, so I couldn't reschedule the visit. Guess I'll need to wait until my next visit. ;D

I hope you're alright?

I want to try this (the restaurant, not a hospital trip) in Feb but I'm really not sure about the price  :-\
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

DisneyRon

Quote from: jeakat24 on October 06, 2014, 07:43:49 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on September 20, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
Unfortunately I missed out on a visit to Chez Rémy, as I managed to send myself to the hospital ~30 minutes before I had a reservation to have lunch there. The remaining days I had a pretty busy agenda and prior reservations, so I couldn't reschedule the visit. Guess I'll need to wait until my next visit. ;D

I hope you're alright?

I want to try this (the restaurant, not a hospital trip) in Feb but I'm really not sure about the price  :-\
Thank you for your concern Jeakat, I am quite al right now. ;D

Well, it's €40 for adults, €17 for kids, which is fairly expensive, and has a limited selection of food available.
However from what I've heard the food is very well prepared and rather tasty, the main question then becomes, does anything strike your fancy and do you mind paying for that, or can you get similar selections for less elsewhere in the park.

The theme of the restaurant is great from what I could see from the debarkation area of the ride, very nicely done. :)

stifle

It is absolutely worth it. I went there last week with my wife and the food was simply tremendous. I had the beef and she had the bean casserole. It was easily the best meal we had during our visit.

If you skip the dessert and drink tap water it's €29.99 instead of €39.99. There is also a further set menu at €59.99 for premium meal plan voucher users with daft stuff like foie gras.ß

jan37

We ate here and had a wonderful meal.  Please give it a try.
You won't be sorry.

CitrusZing

My boyfriend and I ate here in October (2014). We both had the Émile Menu €39.99.
1 Starter & 1 Main Course & 1 Dessert & 1 Refreshing Drink (33 cl) or Mineral Water (50 cl)

Starter: Mixed leaf salad with cheese and an olive oil, balsamic and sesame vinaigrette
Main Course: Cut of grilled beef, homemade ratatouille, French fries and the chef's sauce
Dessert:
Chocolate cake with crème anglaise
Brie de Meaux (Rothschild Estate - Trente Arpents Farm) with vine peach jelly and fruit bread

The salad starter is rather unexciting.
The steak was fantastic. I had mine rare and Simon (my boyfriend) has his medium. I'm fussy about steaks but it was excellent.
I had the brie to finish, which was nice as was the vine peach jelly but the bread was a little hard. Simon had the chocolate cake and he enjoyed it.

I've booked a table here for my trip with my Mum in a week. I will ask if I can just have a main course or a main course and dessert. I don't want the boring salad again.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

CitrusZing

Quote from: stifle on October 09, 2014, 10:28:59 PM
If you skip the dessert and drink tap water it's €29.99 instead of €39.99. There is also a further set menu at €59.99 for premium meal plan voucher users with daft stuff like foie gras.

The set menus are:

Rémy Menu €29.99 - 1 Starter & 1 Main Course (drink not included)
Émile Menu €39.99 - 1 Starter & 1 Main Course & 1 Dessert & 1 Refreshing Drink (33 cl) or Mineral Water (50 cl)

Starter: Mixed leaf salad with cheese and an olive oil, balsamic and sesame vinaigrette

Main Course (choice of):
Cut of grilled beef, homemade ratatouille, French fries and the chef's sauce (A béarnaise sauce can replace the chef's sauce on request).
Roasted cod, homemade ratatouille, crushed potatoes and a beurre blanc sauce.
Vegetable, tofu and white bean casserole (V).

Dessert (choice of) (€7.99 à la carte):
Rum baba OR Chocolate mousse OR Fruit salad (no added sugar) OR Apple tartlet OR Tiramisu OR
Chocolate cake with crème anglaise OR Brie de Meaux (Rothschild Estate - Trente Arpents Farm) with vine peach jelly and fruit bread.

Linguini Menu €45.99 - 1 Starter & 1 Main Course (drink not included)
Gusteau Menu €59.99 - 1 Starter & 1 Main Course & 1 Dessert & 1 Refreshing Drink (33 cl) or Mineral Water (50 cl)

Starter: Duck foie gras with a champagne sauce, violet fig jam, toasted walnut bread and salad.

Main Course (choice of):
Fillet of beef (approximately 250g), premium ratatouille, confit potatoes and a Meaux mustard jus.
Fillet of sea bass, premium ratatouille, confit potatoes and a Gâtinais saffron beurre blanc sauce.
Savoury vegetarian selection with premium ratatouille (V).

Dessert (choice of) (€10.49 à la carte):
Truffled Délice de Favières Trente Arpents Farm (Rothschild Estate)
Warm tarte tatin served with vanilla cream

(The Linguini Menu and the Gusteau Menu aren't on the DLP Guide site, so I've emailed them an update.)
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Esti

I don't think it's worth the price. We went there this week, the day after going to Walt's, and we felt a huge difference from the first second.
The menu is very, very limited. A salad + meat, fish or tofu + many chocolate desserts or a cheese dessert. The restaurant is pretty, but unless you are in a group of around 5 and get a table next to the window, the rest of the tables are pretty average. Like counter service, 12€ menu average. They're fine, but you see those beautiful tables from the outside and when you go there everybody's seated in those boring square tables.

We had a reservation for 14:30 and had to wait for 10 minutes. They write down in a piece of paper the language they'll talk to you in and the language your menu will be in, and the waitress decided we would talk in French without asking us. Thankfully, the waitress was Spanish, so we spoke in Spanish, but I don't know why they don't just ask.

Anyway, after waiting those 10 minutes we were seated and waited for another 10 minutes. Then we ordered and waited for another 10 minutes for our drinks. Then we waited some more for the first course: a bland salad. We waited quite some time until they took the bowls away. Then mooooore waiting for the first course: a bland steak with ratatouille and fries. Fries were pretty good. My brother ate the fish and said it was fine, but he wasn't crazy about it; he did really like the ratatouille, though.
Then moooooore waiting until they took the plates away, moooooore waiting for the dessert: a gigantic chocolate mousse. It's way too much, but it's tasty.

If the restaurant is so understaffed when they're almost empty, I don't want to know how it is when they're half full.
Walt's is incredibly better. It's in another league. In another planet, another galaxy, and for the same price.

captain rocket

It just goes to show how we all experience different things on different days! I always used to eat at Walt's, would'nt miss it, but after several bad experiences and wait's that made yours at Remy seem insignificant I don't go there anymore. I have eaten at Remy three times and have found the salad delicious, tried both the fish and steak and liked them equally and will always call in when I am in the studios, next visit March!
The concept of the restaurant means that the tables are not as "grand" as they are at Walt's and I think the theming is incredible, as is Walt's. Let's not forget that Remy is supposed to be a rats restaurant and they would'nt necessarily go for crisp linen!
The great thing about eating at DLRP is precisely what you have highlighted, there is a fantastic choice of theming and dining, enough to make us all hapy!

daddyof2

Quote from: captain rocket on January 13, 2015, 06:44:58 AM
It just goes to show how we all experience different things on different days! I always used to eat at Walt's, would'nt miss it, but after several bad experiences and wait's that made yours at Remy seem insignificant I don't go there anymore. I have eaten at Remy three times and have found the salad delicious, tried both the fish and steak and liked them equally and will always call in when I am in the studios, next visit March!
The concept of the restaurant means that the tables are not as "grand" as they are at Walt's and I think the theming is incredible, as is Walt's. Let's not forget that Remy is supposed to be a rats restaurant and they would'nt necessarily go for crisp linen!
The great thing about eating at DLRP is precisely what you have highlighted, there is a fantastic choice of theming and dining, enough to make us all hapy!

I think you make an excellent point - there seem to be very few (if any?) eating establishments at DLP that get a thumbs up from everyone. It strikes me as either personal taste or a bit of bad luck, or just variance on staff on a particular day. I would be interested in hearing about recent experiences at Walt's though, as we visited in 2002 and loved it, but didn't go there last year.

Also, what's the children's food like at Chez Remy?

Esti

Captain rocket, if you're going to answer me try to read the post first, because I never said I had a bad experience. I said it's not worth the money. And it certanly isn't.
I don't need GRAND tables, and I didn't get a GRAND table at Walt's. But if I'm paying 40€ for a menu, I don't expect to get the same table I'd get for a 11€ menu at any counter service restaurant. That's the same reason why I don't go to Fuente del Oro. It's not bad, but I can pay the same money and get more food and better food with better service at better looking restaurants.

Daddyof2, of course not everybody has the same exact opinion of the same product. Nothing does, inside and outside DLP.

captain rocket

All a matter of personal preference. The point I was making is that it is SUPPOSED to look like something that has been pulled together by a collection of rats, if that makes it look like a counter service, then I think they have succeeded! We are all different and as I said there is an ideal restaurant for everyone at DLRP. I hope you enjoy dining on your next visit!
As a matter of interest, my favourite restaurant in Paris is the Cowboy Cookout! Best value in the resort and in Disney Village I love the Earl of Sandwich, again great value.

Fluffymilly

I love Walts, Chez Remy and Cowboy cookout and had fabulous experiences this year but I was disappointed that Cowboy cookout have stopped serving the yummy chilli with corn bread!

captain rocket

I guess menu's change fairly regularly, I always had and enjoyed the chowder as a starter at Walt's. This disapeared some time ago, variety is the spice of life I guess, but if the chowder returned to Walt's I would find it difficult to resist dining there!
My biggest dining regret at DLRP was the Manhattan restaurant converting to a Quasi Italian place. I stayed regularly at the New York and thought that this restaurant was fantastic with some genuine, say it quietly, French cuisine! There are so few places offering good quality French Food at the resort these days.

Fluffymilly

I never managed to try the Manhattan, it was always closed!

DisneyRose

Ate at Chex Remy's last week and it was rubbish

20 wait for our table (15 mins after our reservation time). Then a horrendous wait for our main course.  from the time we entered the restaurant to the main course arriving it was an hour an a half.

the kids starter (cherry tomatoes and mozzarella) I recognised as appearing as part of the salads at most of  the all you can eat buffets. The mains were so bland, whilst being well cooked, were along way off fine dining.

The environment was nice. but to my mind the buffets offer considerably better value for money
WDW -1987 DLP -1993(?) DLP - 1999 WDW - 2005
DLP My explorers 2006
DLP Newport bay 2007 2010
DLP sequoia 2008, 2011 2013 2015 2016, 2017