Rivers of the Far West refurbishment (2015-2016)

Started by Remco K., October 16, 2015, 04:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

On November 2nd, 2015, Rivers of the Far West will be drained and remain empty for most of 2016 (untill November 2nd, 2016).

This will be mostly the same period as the Big Thunder Mountain refurbishment and work on a construction bridge to the Big Thunder Mountain island has already begun.

Above pictures are courtesy of InsideDLParis (Twitter).

Remco K.

The river is being drained slowly.

Above pictures are courtesy of DisneylandBerry (Twitter)

Zee79

casemor

DisneyGagaChick

Rocketeer

Have the Rivers ever been completely drained before? Can't say I remember hearing of it in 23 years of the park.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Discovery_Mountain

I don't think they ever have been emptied before.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that The Rivers of America at Disneyland have only been emptied twice in 60 years and apparently last time it was emptied it stank.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

Rocketeer

I'm not surprised, I guess its a bit of a task to drain and re-fill such a body of water.

As for the smell, I wouldn't be surprised it if did the same in Paris. Which doesn't make Frontierland in '16 an enticing prospect along with all the walls and only one attraction to speak of.

Still, mustn't grumble, things like these need to be done from time to time.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney