Christmas 2014

Started by dj13, June 17, 2014, 06:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj13

Hi everyone, we have been to disney paris the last 2 summers and loved both times. We are thinking of going this Christmas around the 16th of December for my daughters 8th birthday. Just wanting any tips for christmas, I'm just worried with the weather, what shows are on. Any tips would be fab thank you x

jackieann

Christmas is amazing, very cold so ski boots are a must. We have been and it snowed and it was lovely. Id say go for it. We are going 18 dec with 9, 6 and 2 year old staying at new york.

grovesie

As stated it's very cold. Our kids wore ski suits and boots. It will be very busy, you plan you restaurants and book well in advance. Last year there was a Christmas parade 3 times aday as well as the main parade.

Of all of our trips, Christmas was the best for atmosphere and fun.

gige3982

We went last year December 2nd-6th, and again this year from the 8th-12th.  It wasn't too busy, and it was dry the entire time we were there.  The cold didn't bother us too much, it seemed to cool down a lot at night, but it was bearable, similar temps to what we have here in Ireland. We stayed in the New York, and are going back there again this time! Can't wait!

MinnieMum

We went from the 17th to the 21st in 2012, it was just before the UK schools broke up for Xmas. The Monday was busy when we arrived and the Friday when we left. The middle days were really quiet, the longest we queued for anything was 20 mins for flying carpets, admittedly we didn't go on the big rides. We ate in the village as nearly all the restaurants in the park were shut but again we didn't pre-book (other then cafe Mickey) and didn't have to wait for a table.
It was a perfect start to Xmas, we went home feeling so magical and Christmassy and had also gained a couple of presents and decorations  :D

We took salopettes and ski type jackets and boots for our kids, only because I had them already, it wasn't really that cold but the salopettes were good as it rained a bit so they kept the kids dry if the rides were wet. My husband and I just wore normal coats, hats and gloves and we were fine, we bought hot chocolates to keep warm! We ate lunch outside while queuing (I took packed lunch stuff) and went back to the hotel mid afternoon to warm up a little or we would look round the shops. x

claire2281

Christmas is definitely my favourite time in the park.

I teach so we've always had to go during school holidays. It honestly isn't that bad! I've definitely seen it far busier in summer and often the inclement weather can put the locals off coming. Last time I went we had a huge amount of snow and the parks were hotel guests only until people managed to get there at lunch time.

Take advantage of the EMH if you can. Yes it's cold but sensible wrapping up makes it more than liveable. And the atmosphere more than makes up for it.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

GeoffD

I love Christmas in Disneyland Paris, nothing says Christmas more than a winters day on Main Street USA - the ambiance, music and festivity. It's just so right.

My tips:
1) Enjoy all the seasonal entertainment - it's the best time to go, make sure you see all the special Christmas happenings!
2) Wrap up warm, it can get chilly. I always grab a hot drink mid-afternoon and early evening. The good thing with Disneyland Paris is that most rides are indoor, and so they can control the temperature. And they can toggle the effects, so in Winter it's unlikely you'll get wet on pirates for example.

Have a fantastic time, I know you will!

Andybear

I went mid December in 2004, stayed in Sequoia Lodge.  It was cold but didn't rain or snow when I was there - I just wore normal coat and gloves.  There was a Russian market in Disney Village - wooden chalets which sold some beautiful stuff - wood carvings, woollen clothing plus other things.  One of them sold mulled wine and roasted chestnuts.  I bought both every evening on my way back to the hotel - ate the chestnuts in my room as soon as I got back and drank the mulled wine as I was strolling back to the hotel along the lakeside.  I saw a lot of other people doing that!  It was very warming  :)

Andybear

I went mid December in 2004, stayed in Sequoia Lodge.  It wasn't very busy - the longest wait was 15 minutes for Peter Pan.  It was cold but didn't rain or snow when I was there - I just wore normal coat and gloves.  There was a Russian market in Disney Village - wooden chalets which sold some beautiful stuff - wood carvings, woollen clothing plus other things.  One of them sold mulled wine and roasted chestnuts.  I bought both every evening on my way back to the hotel - ate the chestnuts in my room as soon as I got back and drank the mulled wine as I was strolling back to the hotel along the lakeside.  I saw a lot of other people doing that!  It was very warming  :D