2nd trip hotel decision

Started by MinnieMum, June 17, 2014, 02:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnieMum

Hi all,

I am looking into a trip to DLP in October this year. It will be our second visit. Last time we stayed at the Cheyenne, we were more then happy with it, the kids loved it and we really enjoyed the walk back along the river, especially when we had eaten in the village.
So I'm trying to decide whether to book there again or somewhere else. We will probably only be going for 2 nights this time compared to 4 last time. I know for sure that we won't be visiting again for at least another two years so this could be the last time that our children (both under 6) really believe in the Characters so meeting them is one of my main considerations. I was going to go for the golden forest room at SL but I have read that the characters will no longer be there. So really I'm thinking is it worth paying over double for the Disneyland hotel? Will there still be characters there or is it only in the castle club? is the golden forest club still worth it for quick check in, quiet breakfast etc? We will be going in term time.
Any views or opinions would be most welcome.
Thank you in advance  :D

Discovery_Mountain

From what I used stand It is only Castle Club at The Disneyland Hotel that will retain Characters. I'm staying at Disneyland Hotel, Standard Room in December and can't wait and have stayed previous at The Sequioa Lodge

Just pick what you fancy! I would like to try Golden Forest sometime though.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

glenn

I think the characters stop appearing in the hotels in November,so you should be ok in October.

HFJohnson

Yes, I read November too for the characters. The Sequoia Lodge is a lovely hotel - one of my favourites.

Aurora1

Sequoia is my daughters favorite hotel! We did GF last year and will again this october.
Characters are still there by then.
It was worth it, for us. We used tea time in the after noon, all the drinks are free! Breakfast is really quiet, check in fast!

MinnieMum

Thanks for your replies, I feel a bit silly because I had done a search of threads about the GF rooms and had read that the characters stopped in November but I obviously didn't take it in!  :-[

That's good news though  :)  It's almost harder going the second time when you have more knowledge to base a decision on!! Our kids loved the cheyenne so much because of the cowboy theme and the bunk beds, I'm sure they would love to go there again but I'm just thinking about time saving at check-in, breakfast etc.

Another question, how difficult is is to change the dates of a booking once you've made it? My husband's job is very unpredictable but I would like to take advantage of the offer that's on at the moment. Last time we booked we took out an extra insurance at the end of booking which said it would cover things like work commitments, I wondered if anyone else had successfully changed dates.

never2old

We've changed dates before, but if you book with a special offer it may not be available on your new dates so you would end up paying the difference.

In general as long as the trip costs the same or more, you can change a booking.