Sequoia lodge beds

Started by Lucyloo, June 02, 2014, 02:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi All,

Looking to book a golden forest room at Sequoia in March 2015.  The hotel info says rooms are large bed or 2 doubles.  When going through the online booking procedure only the double beds show in a std golden forest or suite room.  Does this mean the 1 bed rooms have all gone, or do I need to ring up and specifically request a king size bed?  We will be 2 adults & a 3yr old, and he definitely won't stay in a big bed on his own, so rather just put us all in one.

Cheers

SGregory27

When staying in the past as a couple we always had a king-size bed but now with two girls (one in cot)  we always get two doubles, which is ok as I sleep with DD1  to give hubby more room.  So you may have to request a room with king bed.  The picture on Disney Paris booking site is a suite.  Not sure about GF rooms though as next year will be our 1st time in them.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

HFJohnson

You may not be allowed a room with one king-sized bed for all three of you due to occupancy limitations (in the same way that four bed rooms aren't able to accommodate more that four people unless one is under three). If you had two doubles would one of you be able to share with your son and the other uses the other bed? You'd all have more room that way.

gemma2806

I booked for a stay in Sept 2012 and my son was 2 yr old at the time and when I booked he was in a cot. I called to confirm 6 months later that he would need a bed so we would need 2 double beds. On arrival they didn't have our amendments noted and we ended up with a Kingsize bed and they replaced the cot with a trundle bed that was really comfy and fit at the foot of our bed, (the Kingsize rooms are bigger).

When we stayed last time our son was 4 and we had a double room in the GFC. There was no option for a Kingsize room.

If you don't mind missing out on the nespresso machine I would ask the hotel to put you in room 4331. This is not on the GFC levels but you would still get all the perks minus the nespresso machine but you would gain the bonus of a Kingsize bed, trundle bed plus 2 walls of windows and a balcony with seats overlooking Lake Disney. You may need to pay a supplement for the view though if you hadn't booked a GFC lakeside view  :D