Christmas @ Disneyland Hotel

Started by Livvipivvi, June 01, 2014, 08:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hi all,

We've just got back from our first trip to DLP and it's safe to say we have the bug!  :D

We were looking to go back during the October half term for Halloween, but it sounds like it will be madness there then and looking at the prices at the moment it is so expensive compared to other dates.  I looked at the prices for the February half term and the prices are better for then, but it's seems like forever away, we would like to go back sooner, so thought maybe Christmas.

We priced up for Christmas and I'd say its on par with Halloween. Can't get a meal plan price online though, I'm assuming that's because they charge differently for Christmas lunch etc. so would have to phone them to arrange after booking?

I know they do lots of lovely things on the run up to Christmas, but has anyone been over Christmas? We may go 23rd -27th.  What's it like there? Do they run as normal on Christmas Day and Boxing Day? Do they do proper Christmas lunch and make it really extra special in the pink hotel? Does anyone know how much these meals are please?

Sorry for so many questions lol and many thanks in advance for any replies :)

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

captain rocket

Never stayed for Christmas as it is so expensive!
They do special meals which you must book at Christmas, not as far as I know at the pink hotel but certainly at the convention centre in the Hotel New York. The price is spiteful for this day, memory says over £100. a head! I'm sure someone who has been at Christmas will fill you in. I will continue going earlier in December and enjoy all the Christmas attractions with less crowds and all the normal holiday extras.
Whatever you do, have a great time!

Livvipivvi

Quote from: captain rocket on June 01, 2014, 09:15:37 PM
Never stayed for Christmas as it is so expensive!
They do special meals which you must book at Christmas, not as far as I know at the pink hotel but certainly at the convention centre in the Hotel New York. The price is spiteful for this day, memory says over £100. a head! I'm sure someone who has been at Christmas will fill you in. I will continue going earlier in December and enjoy all the Christmas attractions with less crowds and all the normal holiday extras.
Whatever you do, have a great time!

Thank you captain. I agree the prices are ridiculous during the Christmas period, and over £100 a head for a meal is laughable. I would love to go earlier, when the prices are cheaper and the Christmas celebration is in full swing, but we are restricted to only school holidays  :( , hence the mention of the Halloween half term, which is also sky high.

For this reason, we thought that going for Christmas would be worth considering as it would not only be our holiday but a Christmas gift to our 2 daughters (they would also have a lot less for Christmas as a result). I looked at the prices for the few days before Christmas, the days between Christmas and new year and new year and the prices are through the roof for all, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone and make it a holiday and Christmas gift in one. I'm just playing with ideas and not decided yet. Just putting it out there to see what all you lovely seasoned visitors think   :)

I'm dreading finding out how much lunch at the pink hotel is if the New York is over £100 pp  :o

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

polar vixen

Check out bad-pink-tink's trip report - she had loads of details about her stay over Christmas, inc. meal prices etc and some fantastic pictures

Givemesomefin

Have you considered booking for the Friday the kids break up? I did this this last time I went at Halloween and got an evening flight, picked the kids up from school and headed straight for the airport. Even though you loose a day in the park it worked out much cheaper than going on the Saturday. I have done this again this year for christmas and saved £500 by going Fri 19th instead of the Saturday.  Hope this helps.
Walt Disney World May 1997
Disneyland Paris Feb 2003 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Jul   2009 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris Oct  2011 - Santa Fe

bad-pink-tink

I was at DLP last Christmas with my mum,  check out my pre trip planning information about Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Meals and my Christmas trip report

We booked in September, with a travel agent. As it was just the two of us, waiting for any of the deals didn't really matter. Booking early gives you more choice of the special Christmas meals, as they all have limited spaces. Also I would advise advance booking for any restaurant, as Christmas week is peak and the park & hotels are at full capacity. We ate at Blue Lagoon on Boxing Day and our waiter told us the restaurant was full and they were not taking walk ins, only advance reservations.

We did the Christmas Lunch at HNY and yes the price is high but i was worth it. The buffet menu was French Fine Dining  style which we love but it might not suit everyone. There were children and families but I guess every parent knows what their children will eat and book accordingly. The character interaction was brilliant too. We were in The Manhattan Restaurant, which is small, others were in the big function room.

For the two of us, the price was reasonable, a high quality 4 course buffet meal with a glass of champagne and characters included but I guess when you are a family it could get expensive.

I started asking different travel agents in August, I think the brochure came out in August. The best thing to do is just go into any travel agent and ask when they expect the Winter Disneyland Paris brochure.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

grovesie

We went last year approx the same dates as you quoted, it's a really magical time and one of our best trips. The meals for Xmas day are I the New York hotel and there were 2 types a buffet and a more traditional lunch. On Xmas eve the Disneyland hotel put a on special character singing and dancing outside the bar. If you do go book restaurants in advance and be prepares for it to be busy.

if asked if we would do it again And the answer would be yes in a heart beat, I have a photo folder on Flickr  search Ian groves  if you want a look

The great think about the Disney hotel is the shirt walk from the park if you get too cold/wet

Livvipivvi

Thanks for your replies all.

Quote from: Givemesomefin on June 02, 2014, 08:35:02 AM
Have you considered booking for the Friday the kids break up? I did this this last time I went at Halloween and got an evening flight, picked the kids up from school and headed straight for the airport. Even though you loose a day in the park it worked out much cheaper than going on the Saturday. I have done this again this year for christmas and saved £500 by going Fri 19th instead of the Saturday.  Hope this helps.

Wow, there's a really big difference isn't there! thank you, thats a great help  ;D

Next stop bad-pink-tink's trip reports.  TYVM all  :D

Maybe the trip reports will answer this for me but, is it much different on Christmas Eve and Day than the rest of December?  They do the parade and fireworks from November don't they? So are there any extra special things on these days or is it much the same as the run up?

Livvipivvi

Just read bad-pink-tink's reports, they are great, so much information too  :D  Cant believe the price of the meals in California Grill and Inventions! :o :o :o

Does the park close at 10pm every night in mid-late December?  I bet it's cold at that time of night, amazing though.

bad-pink-tink

thanks  :)  that was my plan, to give as much information as possible for anyone planning a trip over Christmas.

December is peak season so as far as I can remember from last year, yes the main park closes at 10pm every night. It is cold but you got to be prepared for that. You have to remember that winter in general in central Europe is colder than in UK and Ireland. Hats, scarfs, gloves, water proof footwear, and plenty of layers. Some people use the hand warmers which you can get in chemists like Boots. Waiting for Dreams to start, we had a thin blanket, (an airline blanket from a previous trip to America) to sit on the low wall at Caseys corner. Some people get hot drinks to sip to keep warm while waiting for Dreams. Its about being prepared and dealing with the cold.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016