Need help on golden forest decision

Started by Sonyak3, May 24, 2014, 10:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonyak3

Hi there.have sequoia lodge Montana room booked for November 23rd 4 nights 5 days for myself,partner and 2 kids 3 and 7.at the moment I'm trying to figure out is it worth an extra €44 to upgrade to golden forest??any advise or opinions welcome,I'm addled from looking it up and am seeing so many mixed views on it..

justlikeidreamedit

Hi. After various stays in both sequioa and new york hotel over the years we went for golden forest option last december.We loved it so much we booked same again for this year as soon as we got back. It was a far more relaxed atmosphere at breakfast although I believe we wont be getting characters this year. The golden forest lounge was great to return to after a cold day in the parks where all the drinks and snacks were free. This alone saves you a fortune. On arrival, the bed was decorated with 2 cuddly mickeys for the children and chocolate coins which were replaced each day. For us, it was worth every penny as we booked our rooms on buy 2 nights, get 2 free so we are not paying a huge amount for the upgrade. I can understsnd that if you have paid a lot more in peak season, you will feel you are not getting a lot for your money. There are a few other perks to golden forest but the ones I mentioned made it worthwhile for us.

Lucylouby

We were really lucky on our six night break and got asked to go to breakfast at the golden forest club twice during our stay.  Just good timing, but the normal breakfast restaurants were really busy so they were asking families if they would mind going to the golden forest club to ease the pressure down stairs.  The waiter kept going on about all the differences in what was on offer, but the only difference was they had pastries in the golden forest and not in the normal breakfasts.  But once these were gone, they didn't replace them, actually they seemed to be really slow at replenishing everything.  Downstairs there was a steady flow of everything being replaced and restocked as it was running low, they never seemed to be anything that had run out. 
The charachters, they never made it to our table, maybe they knew we were 'outsiders' so didn't think they needed to bother, we didn't mind, we had met mickey three times by that point!

Aurora1

We did GFC last october and will again this coming october. we loved it! Free drinks in the lounge, tea time there, the quit at breakfast!
The weather wasn`t to great, so we could take advantage of it all.

gemma2806

Definitely upgrade! We have stayed at SL loads of times but did the GFC the first time last November. We've been completely spoiled now and have said when we stay at SL again it will only be in the GFC. Everything from check-in to check-out was so much better than staying normally. Trust me for €44 that is a bargain and you won't regret it!  :D

amanda08

Just don't forget that there will longer be characters at breakfast then - in case this is a deciding fact in your decision. Apart from that I would say go for it - you can easily make €44 euro back just on the free drinks alone! We always asked for closed cans and bottles in the afternoon which we took to the parks and again on returning in the evening so we never had to buy and soft drinks all week :)  And we filled up at breakfast and came for the afternoon tea which means we saved money by skipping lunch too :)

Sonyak3

Thanks for d advise.out of curiosity has anyone else had the experience with the teddies and chocolate coins?Think Im convinced anyway and will ring in the next few days and do the upgrade ..

gemma2806

When I went last November it was a belated birthday treat for my other half and it was his and our son's first Christmas season trip. Because of this I emailed the Sequoia Lodge and explained this to them and asked for some special requests i.e a high floor with amazing lake view and something in the room as a treat. On arrival my son was given a voucher to get a free Mickey or Minnie balloon from one of the shops (these were nearly €8 each and as we couldn't take it on the plane inflated I wasn't going to buy one!), there were free sweets and chocolates in the Golden Forest check-in area. There was also a free Mickey plush in the room, there were chocolate coins on the bed every day when we got back and the view from the room was unbelievable!

andlorna

Quote from: Sonyak3 on May 26, 2014, 12:27:14 AM
Thanks for d advise.out of curiosity has anyone else had the experience with the teddies and chocolate coins?Think Im convinced anyway and will ring in the next few days and do the upgrade ..

The last two times we have stayed at the Cheyenne we have had chocolate coins and toys in our room.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Sonyak3

Thanks a million for helping me make the decision.i am definitely going to upgrade and give it a go so.even if it's just for d drinks and the tea time treats think I will make back the €44 anyway..havnt stayed in SL before so all new so may aswell go d extra bit. :D Now if I cud just fast forward to November till we go...I'm soooo excited

led1982

I'm booked in to arrive on the 23rd November 2014 too, i've also booked a Golden Forest Lake view room and really can't wait, roll on Novemer, 179 days (not that i'm counting)  ;D

Sonyak3

Ya same as dat now..it still seems like a lifetime away!!!im sure our paths will cross at some point!!