Hunters Grill or Plaza Gardens

Started by glgittens85, May 22, 2014, 12:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glgittens85

Hi All

We arrive at Disney 4th June (very early as our ferry from the UK is at 5:00am!  :'( ).

We are staying in Sequoia Lodge and I have booked for our first night the Hunters Grill as I figured we could then eat and catch an early night however I am now undecided as to whether I stick with this or book Plaza Gardens instead.

Has anyone been to both? Which one is better?

I was unable to book Hunters Grill until 6pm which is a little later than I would have like (I have a toddler who usually eats dinner at 4:30/5). This is another reason I am considering changing.

polar vixen

Hunters Grill is a better buffet, however we love the ambience of Plaza Gardens, and you can stay in the parks longer that way.  We always go for that on our first day, plus at the time you'll be eating it'll be reasonably quiet.

LotsoHugginBear

I've eaten at both restaurants and was very disappointet about Hunter's Grill - food was only lukewarm, the roastbreef wasn't rose but grey and very chewy. Maybe only bad luck but I won't visit again the next years.
Plaza Gardens suprises me every time I'm visiting - good choice and quality, free drinks.

And if you like to eat earlier than 6 p.m. - why not change your reservation?! I would do it!

gemma2806

We've eaten at both. We usually stay at the Sequoia Lodge so the first place we normally eat on arrival is the Hunter's Grill for convenience however as you have said it doesn't open till 6pm so this means a later dinner. I've always loved this restaurant as has my family but I must admit on our last stay we weren't as impressed. The price for what it is is expensive and also the restaurant was not as quiet even at 6pm due to the meal vouchers being used predominantly in this restaurant, it means more families eat here now than did before. I'm also wary of seafood anywhere but home but my other half had prawns from here on the first night of our holiday and they hadn't be de-veined which resulted in his first night being kept awake being sick!

This has never happened before and I would use the restaurant again.

We used the Plaza Gardens for the first time on our last visit and absolutely loved it! I think there was slightly less choice than at the Hunter's Grill but the food was lovely and we all found things we could eat, even with my picky 4 year old. The setting is lovely but again it's very popular with meal vouchers and so very busy. If you eat earlier though I reckon it would be quieter and I'd probably choose this one over the other for value for money and setting.

glgittens85

Thanks for the replies!

I have changed our booking to Plaza Gardens - tbh I hadnt realised how much more reasonably priced it is either which is a bonus!

Lucylouby

We are staying at sequoia lodge now.  We ate at hunters grill the first night at about 6.30 and then went to bed, we were glad of the early night.  The food was fine, good choice, hot food, but the restaurant was busy.  We have eaten at plaza gardens last night and tonight, only because it means we can stay at the parks later.  It was packed and the queue system for plates/dinner and puddings was very confusing.  We went back for the location, food wise we preferred the hunters grill, but there's not much in it.