Trip Report 11th - 16th March

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2007, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilary

Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing :D

Anonymous

After my pirate adventure, I decided to head on over to the Old West, and stopped off at Thunder Mesa in Frontier Land. I found Big Thunder Mountain to be one of the most popular attractions all week, and unless you got Fastpass tickets reasonably early, you had to be prepared for a long queue to get on the ride. I think the problem is that this, and Buzz Lightyear, are attractions which appeal to the whole family. They don't throw you around as much as Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Star Tours and Rock N'Rollercoaster, so the queues are therefore much longer.

I picked up a Fastpass for BTM to return later, and then ran into an odd assortment of characters in Frontierland. Fortunately, Sheriff Goofy was on hand to keep the peace. I found that it was much easier this year to get close to characters, and there was a much wider variety of characters around, as you'll see in later photo's. The only disappointment in terms of characters was that there weren't any meet and greets with the Princesses, and I only saw one or two such characters out in the Park - Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, Mary Poppins and Alice.

I plunged back into the depths of the jungle as I re-entered Adventureland, with the last sign of civilisation being Colonel Hathi's Outpost before confronting the mysteries of the Temple of Peril. Donning my fedora, I went in search of ancient artefacts as I braved the steps of this ancient temple to see what lay in wait inside.

After raiding the temple I returned on the way back from my crusade via the passages of Agrabah to pass through the enchanted passages of Aladdin as I returned for my journey through Thunder Mesa.

Anonymous

I actually took a detour via hyperspace before returning to Thunder Mesa and found myself in the futuristic world of Discovery Land. The Force was definitely with me here as I took on the might of the Empire and destroyed the Death Star in Star Tours, before finding myself whisked from the Earth to the Moon in the tumultuous Space Mountain. It's surprising how much I actually managed to fit in each day, I'd forgotten until I'd started to revisit these photo's.

After Frontier Land and Big Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor, I returned to Fantasy Land.

You can see from these photo's that characters were out in force over the week, and I saw many characters I've never seen in the park before.

The next batch of pictures I'll be posting will be the first parade of the week. The end of March 2007 will see the final days of the Wonderful World of Disney aka. Princess Parade at Disneyland Paris. I think the castmembers were feeling particularly nostalgic at this time, and were really getting into the spirit of the parade.

Anonymous

Here it is, the Princess Parade!!!

[

miss disney fan

its really hard to believe how warm it looked, you forget that its march sometimes, the pics are great

makes me more jealous that i've got so long to wait  :lol:

Anonymous

To round off my day, after the Princess Parade, I went to the Walt Disney Studio's and did a couple of attractions in there. I didn't really feel the Studio's warranted a full day, and as I wanted to do things in Disneyland everyday, and the two parks are side by side, I tended to pop in and out of the Studio's for about 1 or 2 hours a day. I like the Studio's park, and it has a nice atmosphere with the film scores constantly playing around the park, but I just don't think it warrants a full day in the park.

On the Monday I popped in for a go on Rock N' Rollercoaster and then to wind the day up with The Art of Animation.

Anonymous

Finally got around to sorting some new pictures. These all come from the 13th March, 07 - the third day of my recent holiday. Pictures from the Princess Parade of that day will follow later. You can click on the thumbnails for larger images.

shell_ely

cool pics ! looks like you got loads done !  :ears:

Anonymous

Still have a lot to work through yet.

:D

Anonymous

The Princess Parade - 13th March 2007.

After the Princess Parade I wrapped up my day with a quick visit to Walt Disney Studio's, before taking in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in the Village. Perhaps appropriately enough, bumping into Woody and Jessie on the way.

Anonymous

First thing on the 14th March I headed into Disneyland on a mission. I wanted to get one of the DLRP castle snowglobes. It's a beautiful snowglobe featuring the DLRP castle with lots of characters surrounding it, including the famous 5 and all the Princesses. I got a few new pics of the castle decorations and a few celebrities on the way in.

Then it was off to Walt Disney Studio's to catch up on a few of the attractions I'd not done yet.

Took photo's of all the statue's surrounding the Art of Animation. Shame they hadn't all been hosed down. :(

The Walt Disney Cinema Parade, 14th March 2007.

A very cute Tinkerbell!!! :)

After the Cinema Parade it was back to Disneyland to catch the Princess Parade again.

The Princess Parade - 14th March, 2007.

The best Belle of the week. I thought she was absolutely gorgeous!

Preparing to blast off from Discoveryland!

Anonymous

Finally got around to completing all of my photo's from my holiday last month. I've updated my post for the 14th March above, and have pics from the 15th and 16th ready to upload and post.

:) Enjoy :)

mtt

great pics, looks like you had a great time :D  :D
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Anonymous

Photo's from the 15th March, 2007.

The beaver dam at Sequoia Lodge.

Tinkerbell gets the crowning spot on Sleeping Beauty's castle.

More characters out and about in the park.

A bit too cute for the Fairy Godmother?

Pocahontas Indian Village.

Back to Frontier Land.

Yo ho, yo ho!

Anonymous

Headed into Walt Disney Studio's where I found Daisy Duck doing a photo shoot! :)

And Mickey too!

Got a few more pictures from the Cinema Parade.

Donald in fine feathered form.

Another cute Tink.

Give a little whistle!

The King has arrived!

It's a jolly holiday with Mary!

He's the leader of the gang!

The Studio's Tram Tour.

Catastrophe Canyon.

Then headed back to a galaxy far, far away before catching the day's Princess Parade.