Rain forecast...

Started by Mrsya, May 13, 2014, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucylouby

We go on Sunday too!  I've been following the forecast and the one I have seen says , scattered showers on Tuesday, showers on Wednesday and rain on Thursday.  So it's not all bad.  I plan to watch the parades on Sunday afternoon and try to see them all on Monday just in case it does rain at parade time on the other days.  I'm wondering if it is going to be bad enough to take the children's wellies or if that's a bit extreme.  When I pack I will be putting in waterproof coats and trousers and double checking we still have a rain cover for the old buggy we are taking.  I'm hoping showers will be quite short and won't ruin the day at all. 

Mrsya

Three of us arriving on Sunday then! The forecast changes every time I look at it!! Now it's rain mon, tues and Wed... I give up!

Samninetysix

I just checked and it says Sunday-partly cloudy, Monday-partly cloudy, Tuesday-scattered showers 30% chance of rain, Wednesday-scattered showers 40% chance of rain, Thursday-scattered showers 60% chance of rain, Friday-partly cloudy. - All in all not looking too shabby. Dont forget when it says 30% chance of rain, it means that and not that it's going to rain for 30% of the day.

WalkerboyUK

We go a week on Monday (26th) and the 14 day forecast is constantly changing and different websites say different things.
Not looking forward to it at all if it goes with current - which is 3 out of 5 days of torrential rain!

Livvipivvi

What sites do you all look at?  we are going in 9 sleeps and I'm watching the accuweather site.  It's changing all the time on there too.  It did say its raining everyday that we are there and thunder storms on the 29th at one point! Now its saying showers on the 25th, 27th and 28th, dry on 26th and 29th. It's saying that it's dry this sunday, monday, tues, a few showers weds, so not much rain until thurs   ;D . Hope it stays that way for you guys.

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

Lucylouby

I've been looking at bbc weather, but then I found out they only give a forecast for Paris, not for Marne la vallee, which is apparently where disney actually is.  Paris is 20 miles away, so the weather could be quite different.  So, the link I've found is for uk.weather.com.   The bbc are saying rain in Paris Tuesday through till Saturday.  Uk.Weather.com are saying storms on Tuesday and Wednesday, showers on Thursday and Friday should be ok.  I'm still hoping the weather sorts itself out in time...

amanda08

In november it poured down  in the park one day (not that we let it ruin our day - like others have said just put on the wellies and raincoat and you will be fine)  However on the 2 different weather aps i have on my phone, they both showed clear skys and sun!  So really, weather reports mean nothing lol.

If there is any chance of rain but fine in the morning, we always put a bag with all our rain gear and weillies in the guest services bag hold (free with a dream ap or 3 euro otherwise)  This way we dont have to lump it around all day if we don't need it but if it does start raining either me or dh can nip back for it in no time.

If you go with the right attitude and the right clothes, you will have an amazing time x

Samninetysix

I use http://en.mappy.com/ then click the weather tab. I think the end result is provided by the weather channel but it's always been fairly reliable for us and mappy is a French mapping service.

WalkerboyUK

Wet, wet, wet, wet, wet....... That's Mondy to Friday next week  :'(

disnick.322

It depends where you look, we are going next week, and one weather forecast says dry Tues and Thurs, rain the rest, but another forecast says rain Mon- Wed but really warm Thurs and Fri, think i'm going to have to pack for both weathers and just keep our fingers crossed.

Lucylouby

Don't believe the weather forecasts!  They had forecast a lot of rain for different times this week and the only serious rain we have had was Thursday morning.  We have had a couple of showers, but generally the weather has been fine.  Bring a light weight rain coat to carry round and a pair of boots or waterproof shoes and you will be fine.  So many of the attractions are under cover as are the queuing areas so it's just running between areas you would get wet anyway.