Rain forecast...

Started by Mrsya, May 13, 2014, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Just checked the extended forecast for our days - Sunday to next Friday - and it's showers for 5 out of 6 days...

Dampened my excitement just a little bit... Anyone been there in rain and have any words of wisdom?

jackieann

Even tho its raining may not be cold so a thin water proof could be good... also when I went in april it said rain or showers  every day but it actually only rained once in the 7 days we were there.  So fingers crossed may not be to bad.

disnick.322

We went once before when it rained, and thundered so they cancelled the parades, so if the forecast is really bad i'd make sure you see the parades at the first chance you get.  Although if it's only showers there should be no problem.

DisneyManiac

Don't let it spoil your mood! Disney Spirit is still there even if it rains! Some attractions are perfect for rain: The Phantom Manor and the Tower of Terror! 

daddyof2

Take heart in that locals will be less likely to go for the day, so queues should be shorter. The rides/attractions under cover will be the same to enjoy but may be busier. Take rain proofs/umbrellas!

bad-pink-tink

On Christmas Eve it poured down all day but it was great to be in the park. I had warm clothes, waterproof boots and a poncho and just got on with it. The wait times were small, the crowds in the park overall were small. The Disney atmosphere is still there, so don't worry. Just be prepared and it will still be fun.

Also check out the hidden pathway from Liberty Arcade to Pirates of The Caribbean, it is really useful for avoiding the crowds and getting a break from the rain
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Mrsya

Thanks everyone. The forecast keeps changing and now says rain on 3 out of 6 days. I've put raincoats, umbrellas, raincover and waterproof trousers in the cases just in case.

We'll have fun no matter what! I'm sure the Disney magic will sparkle on through despite the weather!

LotsoHugginBear

Don't forget to take "rain-safe" shoes with you!
I were sneakers every day - not matter if it's raining or not - and never had wet feet but at Disneyland my feet nearly swam in my shoes which was really awfull.

never2old

Even if it rains, it probably won't be raining all day, but every now and then. And usually when the rain stops, you get this beautiful light, the park looks stunning!! So have your camera ready  ;)

Yes, rain-safe shoes are essential, or at least a change of socks!!

Samninetysix

You could always look at it another way, most of the best rides are either inside and or queue inside except BTM which is just bloody awesome in the rain, the only real time you're gonna get wet is walking between rides so try to localize your activities. Me personally I could pretty spend most of my time in Adventureland and Frontierland :)

Karen

Keep hopeful, i always look at the weather forecast and i read somewhere that anything further than 3 days its just guess work mostly based on the weather at the same time last year !! so hopefully it will change  :D :D 

Samninetysix

Our February trip weather forecast was rain every day, as it turned out we had a shower for about 30 mins and that was when we were having lunch in Plaza Gardens :) , apart from that it was pretty much clear skies.

Mrsya

Loving the positive replies people! The forecast now says rain only on Wed... Fingers crossed!

dixie456

It must be all my prayers!! Only 3 sleeps to go

Jackie

Im going this Sunday - Thursday and its meant to rain. A lot of the rides are inside plus there's of shops too. I went last year in April and I noticed that it would sunny once minute then a short shower the next. it should be fine you'll have a great time nevertheless