Annual Passport as extra

Started by msRavenswood, April 27, 2014, 07:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msRavenswood

Hello,

my husband and I are visiting Disneyland in September for 5 days and it will be our fourth visit to the resort. We have already booked our stay at the Cheyenne with the current offer which includes half board meal plan. My question is if buying an annual passport is worthwhile? Will it offer more discounts and privileges during our stay, considering we have already booked the hotel and park tickets so there won't be any discounts there.

Thank you in advance for your help!

orangarnold

The only discount you'll get is 10/20% off things during your stay. Its' worth it if you are looking at going back within the year though

msRavenswood

I see. Well, I don't know if we will visit within the year, so I guess we won't be needing it afterall. Thank you for the help orangarnold!  :)

never2old

Yes, it's only really worth it if you're planning on going back...

msRavenswood

We booked our next visit last week, so it's a bit too early to know when we will go back. Although after seeing the early booking offers which came out today I feel so tempted to revisit the park for Christmas. We usually go in late August - early September and I have always wanted to experience the Magic in its full Christmas glory!

never2old

Oooooh Christmas is wonderful!!! Probably my favourite time to go  :D

If you do want to go back, once you have the APs you can also stay off site - and prices really cannot compete. Even with the 35% discount on hotels (we have Dream APs), we always stay off site now, for a fraction of the price...

Samninetysix

You really need to be going twice+ per year to get major benefits. We went in February with a 45% off Dream Pass room rate for a 2 night or more stay so we got 2 nights in the Disneyland Hotel for just over £400. When we went at the beginning of April this year there were 6 of us, 3 adults, 2 teenagers who qualify as adults and a 10 year old. To accommodate all of us we decided on a cabin at Ranch Davy Crockett which when we checked online direct with Disney it came out at £1650 - ish, when we booked via the phone with our Dream pass discount it cost us £498, add on the £270 for the non AP holders park tickets it was still less than half what it would have cost. Add to that the discounts in the restaurants and boutiques that we got over a 4 night stay, it certainly paid to have AP's

msRavenswood

Thank you all for your responses! I will keep your advice in mind for our next visit!