interesting news to be announced?!

Started by *TIMMIE*, April 22, 2014, 12:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

London can be a turn off also. France has a romanticism about it.

Quote from: beenmoff1 on April 25, 2014, 10:17:32 AM
But surely the Orlando Universal is different? they launch a huge new Harry Potter theme with the train to linkt their two parks, and when they attract holiday goers they all have to stay in the Disney hotels because the Universal has so few hotels...they are a positive competition to Disneyworld (something DLP could really do with)
If this Paramount park in London is as big as they say it will be (3rd biggest park in the world), then surely this is competition, and people would go there instead of Disney? especially because London is such a vibrant place at the moment compared to Paris.

Theres a ton of non-Disney hotels in Orlando. I stay in one closer to Universal (International Palms on I-Drive) but in several years I've never missed the mouse but occasional skip Universal.

There may be a small dip, but Disney is Disney and I can't see many being swayed to visit Paramount Park if they're already doing Disney.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Belloboy7

I live close to the proposed site of the paramount park but I will certainly being heading to disney. along with all the other theme parks in the uk and like some one commented earlier this place will cost bomb to visit for one day let alone for a whole week...and the magic simply won't be there...

Rocketeer

I'd probably give the Paramount park a try, but it won't hold a candle to any of the Disney parks.

Anyway.. the rumours for DLRP are very interesting. I can certainly see some of them happening, some of the others can certainly be in the consideration stage thats for sure. It just all depends on what funds are available and what direction they feel the need to go with the parks (WDS in particular).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

anthony2k6

Regarding the Paramount park,  I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not sure whats going on with Paramount, but there have been several long running rumours and announcements of Paramount parks previously around the world that have come to nothing so far.

As for London not being a good location - well the eurostar goes both ways! and so does the euro tunnel, and the ferry's. So if people from anywhere in Europe want to drive to London they can.

anthony2k6

Quote from: Jeff.ED92 on April 23, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
1. You're wrong, TWDC "changed" it's minds. In fact since sept.2012, Disney observed everything for a long year, in order to decide the best path for our Resort. In fact the stop of all projets last summer was to work on this new plan with a financial help of TWDC, because now they know the ED won't be able to pay everything by itself for all the works that need to be done quickly : rehab the DLPark and bring the WDS to Disney standards, so the Resort can rise its prices and its overall experience to finally become profitable.
So in a word : TWDC will help ;)

2. Sorry but my weak english dont understand your question :)

Raise its prices? that would be a stupid move. Already many many people realise that DLP is too expensive and that for hardly any extra they can go to WDW instead. Raising the prices further will reduce attendance further.

paterdave2

Quote from: anthony2k6 on May 12, 2014, 12:42:26 AM
Quote from: Jeff.ED92 on April 23, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
1. You're wrong, TWDC "changed" it's minds. In fact since sept.2012, Disney observed everything for a long year, in order to decide the best path for our Resort. In fact the stop of all projets last summer was to work on this new plan with a financial help of TWDC, because now they know the ED won't be able to pay everything by itself for all the works that need to be done quickly : rehab the DLPark and bring the WDS to Disney standards, so the Resort can rise its prices and its overall experience to finally become profitable.
So in a word : TWDC will help ;)

2. Sorry but my weak english dont understand your question :)

Raise its prices? that would be a stupid move. Already many many people realise that DLP is too expensive and that for hardly any extra they can go to WDW instead. Raising the prices further will reduce attendance further.

Yes DLP is expensive but When you can still sleep there and enter the parks for 5 days for €270 I don't think it is that expencive.
I wanted to stay at europa park but those hotels would be over €500 for 4 days.
And if you go to Phantasialand and sleep in one of the hotels you pay about €100 a night without entrance to the park.
That is some other prices don't you think
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

A&S&O

Any more info on these speculations? Any official (or unofficial) updates?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

DLRP Roundup!

It was an indulgence in the truth when it was posted. It still fairly is.

Jedi Training Academy seems to be the next project on the cards.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts