interesting news to be announced?!

Started by *TIMMIE*, April 22, 2014, 12:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Jeff.ED92 on April 23, 2014, 12:20:17 AM
You'll see... And i la ready accept your apologies ;)

Gas is really the last Man you have to trust. An example ? Last june he said at a round table that the fate of Fantillusion wasn't decided yet, while at the same Time they were destroying 2 of its floats for Halloween.

[size=78%]I say it again: something has changed[/size]
Three of the floats are still safe from Fantillusion. The light fan within would love to see a light cavalcade.

I do trust him, he did take the time to stick around after the roundtable and talk to the fans.

Share wise the company is still the same makeup. Financially DLP have about €300m retainer. I have no high level contacts inside Euro Disney, and the only contacts we do have seem to not have a great deal planned.

The 25th plan is in a working draft stage. Is this the meeting your looking to?
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Jeff.ED92

He has just done what he is paid for ;)

Gas is very, very good, in communication. That's why he is still at the head of ED, even if day by day he has less decisional power while TWDC influence rise in Paris with the help of many 100% american people like Schott (and that's why we untitled the article "Game of Thrones" LOL).

No, I'm not speaking of the 25th meetings, that is something totally different, but I think I've said enough for now. Perhaps you will better understand with the english version of our article.
"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
- Walter Elias Disney -

DLRP Roundup!

I'm understanding your concept.

However I don't understand a few things:
1. How is it being paid for? Euro Disney doesn't have the money. TWDC has said it isn't spending.
2. I'd be very interested in any source for wide ranging additions outside of Hotels/Village, because its basically dreaming up a larger concept than we've seen green lit across the entire American estate.
The Roundup

Jeff.ED92

1. You're wrong, TWDC "changed" it's minds. In fact since sept.2012, Disney observed everything for a long year, in order to decide the best path for our Resort. In fact the stop of all projets last summer was to work on this new plan with a financial help of TWDC, because now they know the ED won't be able to pay everything by itself for all the works that need to be done quickly : rehab the DLPark and bring the WDS to Disney standards, so the Resort can rise its prices and its overall experience to finally become profitable.
So in a word : TWDC will help ;)

2. Sorry but my weak english dont understand your question :)

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
- Walter Elias Disney -

DLRP Roundup!

TWDC can't say one thing in the annual financial report and then do the opposite. It's illegal.

Second question, do you not think for a poorly performing resort, spending a lot (more than ever been spent in any park ever) is the best plan?
The Roundup

Jeff.ED92

Illegal ? From where ? They just changed their minds, couldn't say it officialy at the time, ... Just choose the answer you want, I've plenty ^^ If TWDC want to help ED, they can as long as the Board is okay.

So for your second question :
More than ever ? Do you forgot the 1 Billion plan for DCA ? the 1.5/2 Billion for NextGen ? TWDC will survive to a little 300 Million plan ;)
And yes, DLP under performs... But with the economic crisis soon to become past, its the perfect time to prepare the future, and TWDC knows that DLP must be : good as new and up to date as soon as possible if they want to see their money back. Remember Sept.2012, now they have the best reason on Earth to transform DLP (the last mistake of the Eisner Era that has yet to be corrected) into a cashcow ;)
- Walter Elias Disney -

beenmoff1

Can I ask a question please - ignore me if it is not too relevent....
It seems to me that DLP is a pretty good Barometer of the current financial situation. I know at the moment we have record number of Brits and Germans going (countries doing, lets be fair, pretty well ATM). I also know French guests (as well as i think Netherlands and Belgium) not so good (countries struggling and pretty much being held afloat by Germany). There seems to be no mention of the situation easing in the Eurozone right now, but hope for a couple of years (especially with positive noises coming from Greece and the like).
So would the following not be a sugestion that thisa might be true?!
1. DLP will want a big draw when the French economy bounces  back - something large maybe this will be in two or three years
2. Disney do large bailout plans and they work -  look at anaheim
3. Walt Disney Studios is a prime candidate for a big masterplan - lots of space and in dire need
4. Some of these upgrades/new rides will not even need new buildings. Star tours2 with a Jedi training academy and cantina, the buildings are all there. Armagedon is already there, RnR is already there, the stunt show is already there
5. The elephant in the room. what happens if the Paramount park in London gets the green light? that is massive competition and DLP must respond surely? this is due for 2017 isn't it?
6. 25th anniversary 2017

am i talking nonsense or would these things all suggest something must happen?!?
your opinions would be great guys; thanks!

Ceh

Thanks Jeff! Really exciting plans. Looking forward to it.  ;D

DLRP Roundup!

1. Definitely
2. True, but Anaheim has the guests already, they just gave people a better reason to visit. Oddly Anaheim suffers a different problem - most of its guests are local.
3. It has a master plan, thats not disputed.
4. Upgrades are nice, but cost a ton to do, and you can't market them anywhere near as well as a new ride. It also doesn't add capacity to the park or enlarge the footprint. The priority is building out currently.
5. May hurt, although I'd doubt it. Universal struggles along in Orlando with Disney just 15 minutes away.

Theres a plan but you'll see some of the DLP insiders are already calling out the "plan" https://twitter.com/disneylandberry/status/458930039422484480
The Roundup

beenmoff1

But surely the Orlando Universal is different? they launch a huge new Harry Potter theme with the train to linkt their two parks, and when they attract holiday goers they all have to stay in the Disney hotels because the Universal has so few hotels...they are a positive competition to Disneyworld (something DLP could really do with)
If this Paramount park in London is as big as they say it will be (3rd biggest park in the world), then surely this is competition, and people would go there instead of Disney? especially because London is such a vibrant place at the moment compared to Paris.

never2old

I'm not sure how much competition a park in London would be to DLP, other than for the UK market. One of the reasons Paris was chosen in the first place is because it's easy to access for many Europeans - don't forget that people from Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and of course France can simply drive up there rather cheaply and in a few hours. Personally I wouldn't consider visiting a theme park in London over DLP, travel costs cannot compete.

beenmoff1

the second largest visiting market by quite a long way to the resort is the brits...
we make up 700k visitors a year. the rest of europe (excpet Germany) is all down on visitors due to their economic struggles.
the best way to access Disneyland is often by Eurostar from London on a 3 hour rail trip. This is expensive, and it is where the new park will be.
Don't forget Europa park in Rust, Germany has a new Arthur and the Incredibles land launched. between UK and Germany we are talking about 1m guests PA...
Maybe you are right and this will be no competition at all. when the announcement was made though i was very hopeful this might stimulate growth in the Disney Parks.
Thanks for the responses guys!

*TIMMIE*

Disney has a broad fanbase. Paramount does not have this love for a brand. Nor do the other major EU themeparks. For many DLP is a bit more special to visit. I think telling your kids they can meet Mickey or Rango they probably say Mickey.

But hey... aren't we getting a bit too much off topic? :)

polar vixen

I think allot of it depends on the scale - we go to LEGOLAND for a day each year, there's nothing more to visit after a day ( as far as a year's holiday goes anyway),  and whilst we pay £1600 for our 7 person family to go to Disney for a week inc. travel, it would cost £400 for us to spend one night at LEGOLAND!, I know which is more magical for us!  Size wise nothing in England can compare.

paterdave2

Quote from: never2old on April 25, 2014, 11:20:05 AM
I'm not sure how much competition a park in London would be to DLP, other than for the UK market. One of the reasons Paris was chosen in the first place is because it's easy to access for many Europeans - don't forget that people from Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and of course France can simply drive up there rather cheaply and in a few hours. Personally I wouldn't consider visiting a theme park in London over DLP, travel costs cannot compete.

Well I don't agree with you on that.
You can fly to london pretty easy and cheap. From Amsterdam it is only an hour flight.
For the travel costs I think with the gas prices here and the peage in france that the plane to london would be as cheap as a trip to paris.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm