1st timer restaurant itinerary and questions..Can someone please check?

Started by Mrsya, April 10, 2014, 11:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Hi all. Staying half board at DCR and arriving on a Sunday. Travelling with dh, ds (4) and dd (9 months) so wanting casual, easy, fast dining! Could you check out what I've got planned so far and tell me if you have any better alternatives please!? Also, what time do dinner reservations begin as tea time for my little ones is normally 4:30/5pm? Plus, do my half board vouchers cover the price of the buffet or set meal at the restaurants with 'ticks' in my standard column or is there sometimes extra to pay??

Day 1 - arriving at 3pm - tea at a buffet restaurant... Any suggestions?
Day 2 - breakfast at DCR (7am), lunch at Cafe Mickey (12pm), dinner at Annette's Diner.
Day 3 - breakfast at DCR (7am), lunch at Pizza Planet, dinner at Plaza Gardens/restaurant de stars (cuisine?)
Day 4 - breakfast at DCR (7am), EMH at the park, the rest of our breakfast in the car en route to Calais!

laylanmummyluvdisney

Will pizza planet be open I've seen on here it may not always be open

Are you going into the  park on first day or just village
how about plaza gardens if your are
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

Mrsya

I've just read reviews on pizza planet (chosen as my 4 year old toy story fan would love it) and it does seem a bit hit and miss as to whether its open or not so won't tell him beforehand and just see if its open when we get there.

Don't really know much about the village vs park... Is the village just shops and restaurants? Would my son be a little underwhelmed if we've travelled all day to get to disneyland and then we don't actually go in the park on the first afternoon/night do you think?

ford prefect

The village is shops and restaurants. My initial thoughts are that you probably won't need two big meals on day 2.

My advice would be day 1, straight to the park and play for a couple of hours then dinner at Annette's. Grab a snack if needs be from Cable Car Bakehouse on Main Street.

Day 2, light lunch at Market House Deli then Cafe Mickey.

Skip Pizza Planet, try Bella Note or Col Hathis.  Restaurant Des Stars not open in the evening. Plaza Gardens us good.

Annette's and Cafe Mickey very similar cuisine.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Mrsya

Hi. Thanks for that. Are these places buffet? I'll check online menus as a few of these aren't in our meal plan and I have a very thrifty hubby!  ;)

laylanmummyluvdisney

We arrive on last day of spring festival
Soy plan is for us to got straight to park try and meet rap until for do a light lunch at hakuna matta
Desert of the stairs at 4 pm
Planet Hollywood for dinner and back to park
But we are there 6 days and on half board plus
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

ford prefect

Market House Delli is counter service sandwiches etc.  cable car is cakes/cookies.

Bella Notte and Col Hathis are counter service pizza restaurants
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Samninetysix

The breakfast at DCR (I'm assuming it's the breakfast that you now have to buy from them) is pretty crap and at €8.50 just isn't worth it. The Trading Post shop at DCR opens at 7:15, personally, I'd take some ham and cheese from home with maybe the 4yr olds favourite cereal and possibly some yoghurts then buy fresh baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat from the Trading Post. The milk is generally "demi-ecreme" which has a distinct flavour different from the milk in the UK, not in a bad way, we all love it, it's just different. Don't forget, there's also Crockett's Tavern at DCR - All you can eat buffet, we ate there last sunday night and it was very nice - it also has the added bonus of frequent visits from characters.

cazspence

Quote from: Samninetysix on April 11, 2014, 02:03:31 PM
The breakfast at DCR (I'm assuming it's the breakfast that you now have to buy from them) is pretty crap and at €8.50 just isn't worth it. The Trading Post shop at DCR opens at 7:15, personally, I'd take some ham and cheese from home with maybe the 4yr olds favourite cereal and possibly some yoghurts then buy fresh baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat from the Trading Post. The milk is generally "demi-ecreme" which has a distinct flavour different from the milk in the UK, not in a bad way, we all love it, it's just different. Don't forget, there's also Crockett's Tavern at DCR - All you can eat buffet, we ate there last sunday night and it was very nice - it also has the added bonus of frequent visits from characters.

With half board vouchers the breakfast is included so not costing anything extra.

Rapunzel1

Colonel hathi is my four year old's favourite restaurant. He loved the pizza and really enjoyed the African Music show inside. The terrace is also nice.

As parents we also like Hakuna Matata. And there are often characters waiting in the pagoda outside this restaurant (we saw kimg Louie and Baloe the bear)

Samninetysix

Quote from: cazspence on April 11, 2014, 06:48:01 PM
Quote from: Samninetysix on April 11, 2014, 02:03:31 PM

With half board vouchers the breakfast is included so not costing anything extra.

LOL - missed that bit, still the included breakfast is pretty crappy

Mrsya

Thanks for all your replies everyone. After reading some reviews, we've decided to skip pizza planet - unless you can just go in and have a drink while the children play? I think I'm also beginning to understand the half board plan a little better now too!  :-\  We got it free as part of our holiday package so tbh I'll be happy with a buffet meal every evening and a light lunch one day and a pizza to share at cafe mickey as a treat on the other. We have heard good things about Annette's diner and like old school Americana so think that's staying on our list.

Two more questions: what time do places start serving for dinner? Also,if we decided to do inventions instead of cafe Mickey could we just order mains and desserts?

cazspence

Inventions is a buffet so. You can have whatever you want. Not 100% sure on times we usually eat around 5.30 6pm and its nice and quiet. I know the later it gets the busier as by the time we leave places seems to all be chocka.