What's your favourite hotel??

Started by michellemumof2xx, March 18, 2014, 10:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michellemumof2xx

Hi,

I'm looking at booking Seqioua Lodge for us on our next visit. We have only been once before and stayed in Hotel New York, but want something different this time.

What's the hotel you like the most or recommend?? And why??

I just want some opinions before i book!

Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Rapunzel1

We stayed at NewPort bay. We loved that hotel. The building looks great. The room was very large. I like the way everything is in one building.

The swimming pool was amazing.

But i would wait for the renovations to be finished to return there again.

In two days we will stay a few night at the Disneyland hotel. I really look forward to that.

captain rocket

You set the bar high Michelle by staying at the New York, which I believe is the best affordable hotel at DLRP. The Sequoia is a very nice hotel, but I would urge you to stay in a Golden Forest room if you can afford it. The rooms are standard Montana rooms with a coffee machine, but the big plus is the Golden Forest Lounge where you take breakfast in a much more civilised way than down stairs! There are free soft and hot drinks free all day and a nice afternoon tea at 16.00. You also get a very nice seperate check in area where you can actually sit and carry out all the formalities.
My opinion on the price of Disney hotels is fairly well stated on this site! But the Sequoia is a pleasant enough hotel, on my next visit I am staying at the Dream castle which is genuinely a four star hotel and is at least the equal of the New York at a fraction of the cost, not so convenient though!

SVioletS

I liked Newport bay, it was confortable. What i didn't like was the long walk to and from our bedroom because it was the last room in one of the wings. If you stay there make sure to request a room closer to the reception/breakfast area. Also keep in mind that the swimming pool there will be.closed until October i think.
I have also stayed in the sequoia lodge in a.Montana room. I enjoyed it very much, but some people find it to be a little dark. The negative side of.this hotel is the swimming pool being outside of the main building, which means you will have to walk out in the cold if you are there during Autumn/winter months. Having said that we.will be staying there next month in a golden forest room.
I would like to try hotel new York and Disneyland hotel but they are out of our price range.
Like captain rocket said you will  most likely have better and cheaper options staying offsite. For us, with 2 under 7, it has been better  to get good Disney deals as they turned out cheaper than booking office and buying tickets or AS for all of us .
We don't go so frequently too, so APs weren't a good option.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Samninetysix

We just had 2 nights in the DLH for £421 which we thought was a very good price. Last time we stayed before the DLH was in Magic Circus and like captain rocket said, it's on a par with HNY albeit a trek to and from the parcs (we drove in and out). My favourite if the price is right is DLH, it's lovely inside and it's right on the door, several time when we've stayed there we have popped back to our room - sometimes because it's been raining or us just being plain tired and wanting a refresh. Apart from that I just love Ranch Davy Crockett, fantastic in the summer with the outside decking on the premium cabins and if you are on a budget, you can take food from the UK in a cold box and cut down the costs for meals/breakfast

michellemumof2xx

Thanks everyone...

I'm travellig with my girls age 4, and 7, and planning to go next feb half term, so it makes sense to stay onsite.

I quite like the look of newport, but my girls like the look of the pool at sequioa!

This will only be our 2nd visit, and my mums first.

I dont think we'd bother with food vouchers, when we went last month, we did half board premium, and foumd the food to to too posh for us!! We'd rather just pay for what we want and not have set menus.

I like the sound of upgrading the room, having snacks and drinks in the afternoon, it sounds good. Any idea of prices for this? Is it much more? I dont mind paying if its worth it and a good cost,

Thanks everyone : )

SwipatronSparks

the dlh is my favourite hotel, and if money was no object i would stay there every time without question, its great location wise for obvious reasons, cooked brekky on a morning is always a plus, and its uber comfy, i stayed there in 2011, and it was just amazing, but realistically my favourite is the sequoia lodge, its a nice hotel, a fair distance from the parks, comfortable, nice pool, and i love the hunting lodge themeing it has

past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Princessjo

We have done every version of off site and on site including Davy Crockett and castle club at the DLH but we keep going back to the Cheyenne and Santa Fe...if your going in the summer when the park is open for much longer all you need is a bed! In low season I would suggest staying somewhere with a bit more going on but we have stayed in places and not had chance to use all the services...

We now have a cars mad little boy so will be going back to the Santa Fe in a few months and its ideal...plus gives you more money for 'Disney stuff'!!
Give a little whistle

Samninetysix

Santa Fe was our first Disney hotel in 1992 and it was amazing!

Aurora1

Santa Fe was our first hotel too, in 2007. Was in summer and we just were there to sleep!
I love the Sequoia, since we stayed there last year!GFC is great too! I would stay there again
The DLH is just beautiful, close to the park, smells like heaven!

michellemumof2xx

Thanks for your replies everyone, im now thinking cheyenne or santa fe as so many people like it, and its alot cheaper, which means more money for spends....decisions decisions!! Me and my mum need to talk n decide. Thanks again : )

moonloo

We have previously loved staying at the   Santa Fe too, this time (in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) we will be staying at the DLH, but I am already planning our next stay at the Santa Fe!

seraphelle

We stayed at DLH last year and have booked Sequioa for this year, but seceretly I wish we could have afforded to go back to DLH. It's the smell  ::)  I just love it, and the carpets, and the colours.....sigh. Maybe next year we'll go back. Serves me right for staying in that one on our first trip (but in my defence, it was supposed to be a 'Once in a Lifetime' trip....who knew we'd end up going back again?)
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019