Hotel New York toiletries ect.

Started by Livvipivvi, March 10, 2014, 08:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Can anyone tell me what the room facilities are like at the Hotel New York please?  Do they provide toiletries and towels? Is there a hairdryer or an iron/ironing board?

If they do provide any of these, what is the quantity/quality like?  Do most people still take their own items?

I've also read that the room safe is super small, just how small are they?  Would I get 2 iPad minis and the usual money and passports in one?  I've read that theft from the rooms is a problem in all of the onsite hotels, has anyone heard/experienced this?

TIA  :)  x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

andlorna

Hi we stay in Disney Hotel's every time we visit. We never use the safe in the room just lock our valuables away in one of our suitcase's. All the hotels provide towels, some have hairdryers. I would advise that you bring your own toiletries hope that helps.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

captain rocket

The New York is a comfortable and well supplied hotel. I cannot remember for certain, but think that you do get the iron and ironing board in your room, not something I bother with! If not available in your room you can get them from reception.
The Bathrooms have a hair dryer built in and, of course towels are supplied! Toiletries include soap, shampoo and conditioner. These are all restocked as necessary.
I have no idea where you got the information on the safe from! The safe is the normal size you get in a hotel in Europe. There is more than enough room for most people's valuables. Last time I stayed there it held my two camera's (Cannon EOS and Panasonic Lumix) complete with their rechargers, Passports and money. My Microsoft surface tablet and my medicine with room left over for more.
I would advise you to leave your valuables in the in room safe anywhere you stay in Europe, i don't believe Disney has any more of a problem than anywhere else!
Have a great trip!

Livvipivvi

Okies, thank you both  :) .

I'm hoping not to be doing much ironing while there either Captain lol. I've got one of those fussy 13 year old girls, who thinks she lives on the catwalk and could never walk around with a misplaced crease lol.  It'll be jeans and a jumper thrown on as they are for the rest of us lol  :)

We will take our own toiletries too, but we may only take hand luggage and the liquids allowed are so restrictive its always handy to know in case we run out as some in my family must drink shower gel lol...Also hubby does like to bring the free stuff home, even though we never end up using it, he's one of those that likes to keep them as a souvenir lol.

I definitely read somewhere a while back that someones safe at the HNY was only long enough to fit their passports and money in and they recommended using the safe behind reception? Maybe it was another forum, I've read so much info over the past few months.  Someone on here said that they had had things stolen from their rooms on 4 or 5 different holidays to DLP :o , they must be jinxed then lol.  Thank you for reassuring me about the safe size though, I'll be putting everything in it so theft will be taken out of the equation either way  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

cazspence

Yip our safe was tiny in HNY, we were in a plaza room, and my inlaws room adjoining ours safe was the same, passports wallets and money that was about it, even that was a squeeze. We just took ipad mini out in my handbag and locked other stuff in case under bed.

haribosmum

we had a plaza room in Feb at the Hotel New York and our safe was a big one.  perhaps there are different styles.  ours fitted the Kindle Fire, our mobiles, tickets, money etc.  was definitely big enough for the A4 envelope I had with print outs in.
Hairdryer isn't up to much (think hand dryer in a toilet), a small travel one may be better.  def an iron and board in our wardrobe.
toiletries - shampoo, bath/shower gel, body lotion replaced every day.  Towels too (can be replaced daily if needed by putting in the bath when you leave the room).  We randomly had one dressing gown and 2 pairs of slippers, but not sure we were supposed to as the dressing gown was taken by housekeeping one day!  but I thought you normally do have them so that you can walk to the pool etc.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20