Pre trip report 31st March - 4th April 2014

Started by moonloo, March 09, 2014, 02:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samninetysix

moonloo, which hotel near St Pancras are you staying at?. We used Eurostar for the first time in February (it was our 51st trip but we've always driven). I found a small but nice hotel, The Alhambra in Argyle Street which is quite literally across Euston Road from St Pancras so after breakfast it was about a 2-3 minute walk to the station. We made a full day of it in London before we went to DLRP and went up the Shard to take some photos (man oh man that thing is high).

GemmaT

Hello ! You have an amazing time at the DLH ! We came back a week ago and it was magical. The food was great , loads of options , staff couldn't do enough and the presence of the characters made the trip for my DD ! Hope you enjoy! I can't wait to go again!
Next visit December 2015 😃😃😃

moonloo

Ooooh coach twelve is the place to be then!!! How exciting!  8)

Disneyprincesswannab

Have a wonderful time-go on Pirates-you will love it-not too scary at all and that's coming from the wimpiest rider-I felt like you but once I'd braved it, I couldn't get enough-14 times one trip was my record xx

Rosy25

The Disney hotel will be amazing! Were just home since lastnight. :( weather is just fab over there. My son had his buzz light year costume and was allowed to fast pass the buzz light year ride :) so definitely have the costume when you do that ride it's great :)

moonloo

Quote from: Samninetysix on March 14, 2014, 09:22:30 AM
moonloo, which hotel near St Pancras are you staying at?. We used Eurostar for the first time in February (it was our 51st trip but we've always driven). I found a small but nice hotel, The Alhambra in Argyle Street which is quite literally across Euston Road from St Pancras so after breakfast it was about a 2-3 minute walk to the station. We made a full day of it in London before we went to DLRP and went up the Shard to take some photos (man oh man that thing is high).

Wow!!! The shard!! Id love to do that! I hope we get to do a little sightseeing before we go, I LOVE London! We are just staying in a Premier Inn... cheap and cheerful!  ;D

moonloo

Quote from: GemmaT on March 14, 2014, 10:17:25 AM
Hello ! You have an amazing time at the DLH ! We came back a week ago and it was magical. The food was great , loads of options , staff couldn't do enough and the presence of the characters made the trip for my DD ! Hope you enjoy! I can't wait to go again!

Oooooh I know Ive always wanted to stay there but never would have done it if my mom hadnt insisited, Im so excited by the idea of it all I keep looking at reviews on tripadvisor and they are non too complimentary so its nice to hear something positive!!  :D

moonloo

Quote from: Disneyprincesswannab on March 14, 2014, 10:26:47 PM
Have a wonderful time-go on Pirates-you will love it-not too scary at all and that's coming from the wimpiest rider-I felt like you but once I'd braved it, I couldn't get enough-14 times one trip was my record xx

Phew, hopefully wont be too traumatised then!!   :o

moonloo

Quote from: Rosy25 on March 14, 2014, 11:08:44 PM
The Disney hotel will be amazing! Were just home since lastnight. :( weather is just fab over there. My son had his buzz light year costume and was allowed to fast pass the buzz light year ride :) so definitely have the costume when you do that ride it's great :)

;D Glad the weather was fab for you!!! I hope it stays that wayyyyy!!!   ;D
WOw, your son must have been stoked! My little boy is a little too tall  :'( for his buzz costume now and he would never wear it againso Im loathed to buy another, but he does have a yop which looks like the costume with a button that flashes red! Ive never heard of them doing that before... LUCKY!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ravenseye

Hi Moonloo...how exciting!

We stayed at Premier Inn Kings Cross before our last trip too, it was very nice, but our room on 4th floor was noisy due to external heating ducts and we had asked for a quiet room.
They do a meal deal for around £24 per adult, I have a feeling kids eat free  :D  and that includes a 3 course dinner + one drink and breakfast buffet the next morning. It was very, very good. Just ask when you check in and it can be added to your bill.

As for the Disneyland Hotel, you will love it! The breakfast there is AMAZING. Also, they have Decent of the Stairs at 4pm from Thursday to Sunday, in the main lobby of the DLH, Snow White appeared when we were there! Characters are different each time though, as I understand it.
Enjoy  ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

moonloo

Quote from: Ravenseye on March 16, 2014, 09:51:58 PM
Hi Moonloo...how exciting!

We stayed at Premier Inn Kings Cross before our last trip too, it was very nice, but our room on 4th floor was noisy due to external heating ducts and we had asked for a quiet room.
They do a meal deal for around £24 per adult, I have a feeling kids eat free  :D  and that includes a 3 course dinner + one drink and breakfast buffet the next morning. It was very, very good. Just ask when you check in and it can be added to your bill.

As for the Disneyland Hotel, you will love it! The breakfast there is AMAZING. Also, they have Decent of the Stairs at 4pm from Thursday to Sunday, in the main lobby of the DLH, Snow White appeared when we were there! Characters are different each time though, as I understand it.
Enjoy  ;D

Wow thanks Ravenseye, thats really useful!! Im looking forward to this trip so much, only 8 more days at work!!!!! I must admit I have even started to plan the next trip, and Hubby said next time he will come too! I think a halloween/christmas cross over trip would be amazing next time, if there is a way to plan it, ofcourse I need to find out the season dates for 2015 first!! EEEEEPPPPP, right I need to calm down, one trip at a time!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D