Pre trip report 31st March - 4th April 2014

Started by moonloo, March 09, 2014, 02:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonloo

Ok so Im getting far too excited and Ive bored everyone around me with the finest details so I thought Id get a little outlet by posting on here!! This trip has been booked since June 2013 and the children were told 2 weeks ago!

Going will be myself, my mother (Recent broken ankle and knee operation - hope she's ok to go!!!!!), DD and DS. This will be myself and my childrens 3rd trip and my mothers first. Previously we have been with my best friend on one occaision and my husband and his sister on another occaision.

We usually stay at the Sante Fe, which we love the relaxed atmosphere, however, my mother decided that if she was going she wanted to stay in the Pink Hotel, so we are booked in to Disneyland Hotel from 31st March to 4th April. I really hope its nice!!

We'll be travelling down to London on March 30th and staying close to ST Pancras to make for easy travelling oon the Eurostar Standard Premier on the morning of the 31st. I really enjoy the train ride there, I find it the most relaxing part of the trip, especially using Disney Express! We are doing the same in reverse on the way back home, staying the night in London again and then travelling home the next day. I hope that the food on the return journey is nicer this time than last, It was some lemony cous cous last time that was so lemony I couldnt eat it!!

So when we arive on 31st March, we will use Disney express and head straight into the park, maybe hit a few rides and re aquaint ourselves (and introduce my mother to) the wonderful land of Disney. We ahev reservations at 6pm at Inventions in the hope that we will be finished in time to head out and for Dreams!!!

1st of April and our first full day in the park, myself and the children will get an early breakfast and make the most of magic hours, although the Peter Pan ride is closed :(  Buzz lightyear Lazer blast it is!! At 1pm we have reservations at Auberge, so DD and myself will head there and  DS and Mother dearest will head to the lego store to spend the equivelent money there as DD will cost for Auberge.  We have reservations at 6pm at Inventions again, hoping for some different characters from the night before but reading other reviews I know this is unlikely!!

2nd of April, more of the same. Hoepfully do some characetrs in the park and we absolutley have to hit STitch a couple of times, so I may make this a studio day!! Reservtions again at Inventions and fingers crossed some more for good characters!!!

3rd of April more of the same, Might make this a Princess Pavillion day to see a princess if Snow White is not at Auberge, she is the only princess DD has yet to meet! We were lucky enough to meet Rapunzel at our first trip to the pavillion last time! DS really likes Pirates of the Carabian, and I dont do scary rides so Im going to have to 'Man up' and just do it, maybe this will be the day! Reservations again at 6pm for Inventions and hope to do dreams straight after!

4th April and the day we leave, Im sad already just writing this! We will pack the night before to make the most of our final magic hours and use disney express again. We have reservations at 12.00 for CAfe Mickey to squeeze in some final character interaction and we'll be on our way back to London :(

We will be packing costumes for both children, Buzz and Spiderman for DS (def hope to meet spiderman)! and Tink, rapunzel, Cinderella and Merida for DD.
Weather wise, we have previously been on 16th April where it was so baking hot we had to slap on sun cream and came home really brown, and we have also been over christmas where is was soooooo cold!! Im hoping for dry and comfortable but not too hot!!
Oh and a final point, DS is also desperate to eat in Pizza Planet but this has been closed for the last two times, maybe this will be his year!!!

Can not wait to go and I promise to fill you all in when I get home!!!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

pialykke

Oooh getting excited on your behalf! I really hope you enjoy DLH!!I would love to stay there once too!

You can check opening hours of the restaurants here: http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-disneyland-paris.html

I only just found this site - and we go next week (17th-21st), so it really came in handy for us - had to make a few changes here and there to where we thought we would be eating. Saves the disappointment of arriving to a shut restaurant... We wanted to go to Pizza Planet too last time we went, but it was shut the whole week.

I hope you have an amazing time, and hope you track down Snow White! (My DH is secretly hoping to meet her too....!! She's his fave! haha...)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

moonloo

Ooooh pialykke, only a week to go!!!!  :o

Thank you very much for that link, and I hope your DH gets to meet Snow White!

Have a magical time!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SGregory27

Sooo Excited too.
We are going from Ashford on standard premier on the 31st March - 4th April as well, with DDs 2y and 5y with My Mum, who's been before, and Mother-in-law, her first trip and we are staying at Sequoia Lodge. 
They only thing we are planning to do is the Disney train that goes around the park, as kids missed it last year as it was closed and the Studio Tram Tours on 1st as that closes on 2nd.

Taking Jasmine outfit for DD1 and Minnie mouse dress for DD2.

I'm hoping Agrabah Café is open as that's been closed in past.

Hoping to see the Flower festive start to take shape and the soft opening, if the rumoured dates are true.

Can't wait now, just waiting for tickets to arrive.
finding it hard not to start packing.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

danogian

According to http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-31-mars-2014.html, the Agrabah Café will be closed on 31st March and 1st April, and open from 11:30 - 16:00 on 2nd - 4th April.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

moonloo

Yes, we're looking forward to a sneeky peek at the spring festival stuff too!!! Eurostar tickets came today!!! Just worked out I only have 12 more work days left!! Hurrah!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SGregory27

Quote from: danogian on March 10, 2014, 05:33:31 PM
According to http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-31-mars-2014.html, the Agrabah Café will be closed on 31st March and 1st April, and open from 11:30 - 16:00 on 2nd - 4th April.

Great news, thanks.

Did try a look but laptop kept crashing.  Soo excited.

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

SGregory27

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

moonloo

Glowtinis, yesssss very excited about those bad boys!!!!   :)

SGregory27

Got our tickets today.  Which train Carriage are you in Moonloo???

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

moonloo

I will have a nosey later and let you knowwwwwww!!! OMG its nearly time!!! Go us!!!!

SGregory27

Quote from: moonloo on March 13, 2014, 06:46:31 PM
I will have a nosey later and let you knowwwwwww!!! OMG its nearly time!!! Go us!!!!

Ok. So excited

The only worry is 2 of dd1 class mates have chickenpox. Hope she doesn't come down with it  :-\

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

moonloo

Hellloooo, so I just looked at the tickets, which are VERY French! Im sure last time they had our full names on or maybe im imagining it but theses ones just have either adulte or enfant and our surname! Anyway, we are in carraige 12 on the way out there, sat round a table, and carriage 9 on the way back, sat round a table again!
Where are you?! I had no idea there were so many carriages, I just looked at a seating plan to check we were round a table and there are LOADS of carriages!

SGregory27

Carriage 12 there and back but not round table, but that's not a problem.
Can't believe baby change is only in carriage 1 and 18 so seat changing it is then.

2016-Cheyenne
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Aurora1