Frontierland geysers replacement?

Started by Ezra, March 02, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezra

So a while ago it was mentioned somewhere (can't remember exactly where, maybe twitter?) that the geysers in Frontierland are going to be taken out, or replaced... or something along those lines. Is there any confirmation on this?

Even if there isn't, any speculation as to what they could do with that area?

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

DisneyManiac

You're talking about the What's New What's Next? Press thingy, well the person that was hosting the event said that the Geysers will eventually be replaced by something that will be unique to the park. As it is near Phantom Manor, I have a hunch it could be the Carriage House that never made it to the ride.

DLPWonders (Banned)

He said that they EVENTUALLY will be replaced.
But that they won't do anything with them when they are going to refurbish the BTM area next year.
So this could be like a 5-10 year plan aka I wouldn't count on it too much.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DisneyManiac

Ezra

I would of thought it would be the best time to replace it when they refurbish the BTM area... but then, I'm not surprised either. Oh is there any exact date on when they plan to refurbish?

The Carriage House would be welcome, but a bit out of the way if they replace it with that. After all it was originally going to be part of the queue.

gingajen

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 03, 2014, 06:43:25 PM
But that they won't do anything with them when they are going to refurbish the BTM area next year.

:o  What is this BTM refurbishment? When is this taking place? Are they closing the ride down for a while? Please tell me when this is happening? x

Discovery_Mountain

Quote from: gingajen on March 24, 2014, 09:11:16 PM
Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 03, 2014, 06:43:25 PM

:o  What is this BTM refurbishment? When is this taking place? Are they closing the ride down for a while? Please tell me when this is happening? x

I haven't heard any thing about dates, but I seem to remember Disneyandmore said they were to replace the control hardware and the trains as well in order to improve the downtime BTM suffers.

Would be awesome if they build 'Geyser Mountain' The free fall drop ride that was intended for phase 2 development, however with The TOT I doubt they would.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

Uragano Tati

Yes, I have heard that BTM will be closed for quite a long time, some months, for a lot of works.
It seems that this will happen in 2015, maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later. Source: a Frontierland cast member.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Ezra

Quote from: Uragano Tati on March 26, 2014, 11:32:40 AM
Yes, I have heard that BTM will be closed for quite a long time, some months, for a lot of works.
It seems that this will happen in 2015, maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later. Source: a Frontierland cast member.

Oh no! I was hoping to go in January but I'd have to reschedule if Big Thunder is down as I really want it to be open when I go! It was closed when I visited in June which made me very sad indeed. I wish there was an official time. :( If anybody ever gets any more information about this please do inform me!

The question is... why is it going down for such a long time? This doesn't sound like regular maintenance... perhaps an update? It would be very cool if they added something like the recent DLR update to the ride. But I doubt that will happen.

gingajen

Oh no! As much as I think it's great that BTM is having an update, I hope and pray that this isn't done while we are there! I've just booked a stay in the Disneyland Hotel after years of wishing and waiting. We will be there next February half term and we will all be sooooo gutted if BTM is closed during our stay. It the whole family's very favourite ride!

Uragano Tati

That's my same feeling. BTM is our favourite above all. I'm planning our next visit at the end of november and I don't know what to do!!
At the beginning I thought that this long closure would be right after the Indiana Jones one. Indiana Jones will open at the end of May, so maybe BTM will be closed right after summer? In this case going in november won't be a good idea.
The Frontierland cast member said that it would probably be closed in 2015, so going in november would be ok.
Well, I still have time to think about it. I have to wait for a good offer. The one with 2 days and 2 nights free isn't good for a 8 days 7 nights stay.  ;D
I hope to find some more info soon, but it's very hard. These things are kept secret very well!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Ezra

Thanks for the information anyhow, if you do come across anything else I'm sure a number of us will be appreciative of you posting about it here. It seems quite a few are planning visits about that time... and we're all Big Thunder fans.

For the record, BTM is my second favourite ride at DLRP; but my favourite coaster, period. I'm sure you can all guess what ride at DLRP is my favourite-favourite.  ;D

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Ezra on March 28, 2014, 10:29:09 AM
Thanks for the information anyhow, if you do come across anything else I'm sure a number of us will be appreciative of you posting about it here. It seems quite a few are planning visits about that time... and we're all Big Thunder fans.

For the record, BTM is my second favourite ride at DLRP; but my favourite coaster, period. I'm sure you can all guess what ride at DLRP is my favourite-favourite.  ;D

I'm gonna say journey into Imagination with Heinz doofenshmirtz?  ;D
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

Ezra

Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on March 29, 2014, 11:41:57 PMI'm gonna say journey into Imagination with Heinz doofenshmirtz?  ;D

How did you guess!?  :o  Though it was better before they changed it into a laser blast ride.  ???

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Ezra on March 30, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on March 29, 2014, 11:41:57 PMI'm gonna say journey into Imagination with Heinz doofenshmirtz?  ;D

How did you guess!?  :o  Though it was better before they changed it into a laser blast ride.  ???
(I'm gonna drag this joke out for just this message  :P ) you mean the one with the kim possible and tron crossover, where a hoard of the aliens from alien encounter chase Ludwig von drake while driving herbie?  ;D and scene. But seriously I would love for them to change the geysers into the coach house. maybe they could make some reference to Melanie's actual name.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.